Mercure Sydney
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)
US$171
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$208
Agoda.com
US$122
5,131 results
All reviewscentral stationdarling harbourgeorge streettwo double bedspillow menuaccor memberpublic transporttop floorconcierge deskbuffet breakfastcity viewpaddy's marketlight railexcellent locationstandard rooman upgrademini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed here for one night - arriving at about 10:00pm and needing to catch a flight very early the next morning. The location was convenient, the room clean and comfortable and the staff helpful. I would have rated this four stars, except I think I left an item in the room and when I sent an email enquiring about this, I never received a reply. I think this is poor service and I would have expected better from an otherwise good hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear guest ,

Thank you for your review, I was obviously disappointed to read about your experience. As such I would like to speak to you personally.

If convenient please call the hotel on +61 2 9217 6666 and ask to speak to myself, or email H2073@accor.com and we will contact you to discuss.

Thanks again for your feedback, and look forward in speaking to you soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

if you are going to stay..upgrade. partner and i found it worth our time and moula.
harbour bridge view from the top floor = awesome..
really good location. easy walk from train station :)
probably wouldn't stay again though.

Room Tip: upgrade high floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaBoss1991

Dear guest from Newcastle,

Thank you for your review, it was great to hear that you were very impressed with your upgrade.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Sydney again soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and I stayed recently at the Mercure Sydney Hotel on George Street for two nights on the 15th and 16th May, 2014. Although the location is perfect, I was not particularly impressed with the overall services or the level of standards offered for the outlay. We paid $AUD 179.00 per night, hence, for $AUD 358.00 all up, I would expect more than 30 minutes free WIFI daily, a newspaper delivered to the door (although complimentary papers are available from the lobby) and, at least, a complimentary Continental Breakfast included in the booking. For those opting for eating on site, this costs an additional $AUD 25.00 per person which, in my view, is excessive. There is a huge selection of cafes and bistros in close proximity which offer a better deal and possibly better coffee/tea as well. Our room on the 7th floor (#728) was ordinary, the window faced the wall of an adjacent building. However, there was hardly any street noise audible. However, the bathroom is rather small.Interestingly, our towels were not changed and I was not aware of any environmental messages regarding this in the hotel information material. One positive aspect are the opening times of the gym, sauna and swimming pool on the top floor: till midnight.
In summary: in my experience, hotels in the Mercure chain vary considerably in their services and level of standards (see relevant other reviews of mine). Based on my experience oulined above, together with the knowledge of the huge choice of hotels in Sydney's CBD, I am not sure that I would make another reservation at the Mercure Sydney Hotel on George Street.

Room Tip: ASk for a room away from busy George Street and Railway Square
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thilo K

Dear guest from Canberra,

Thank you for your review, I was obviously disappointed to read about your experiences. As such I would like to speak to you personally.

Thanks again for your feedback, and look forward in speaking to you soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were very impressed with our room - there were four of us in it - and it had obviously been newly renovated. The room was not huge but satisfactory for our family. A great base with Central station just around the corner. The only downside was it was really dark in the room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, it was great to hear that you were very impressed with our rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Sydney again soon.