“Good Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mercure Sydney

Mercure Sydney
Ranked #59 of 174 Hotels in Sydney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Perth WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our short and sweet family stay at Mecure. Never enjoyed such great hospitality in Australia! Staff were so courteous and helpful. Sorry we did not get the name of the Concierge on duty when we checked out on evening of 14th July around 6:30pm was an exceptional customer service star. Sunny and Corey at Reception were exceptional stars too. Great rooms and facilities and we will surely be back.

• Stayed July 2014
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
It was great to read your review on TripAdvisor. I’m happy to see you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel and our staff was excellent. Be assured that I will share your comments with my team. Thanks for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again here at the Mercure Sydney. Greg Brady, General Manager
Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed at Mercure Sydney for nights for work. The reception was kind enough to allocate me a room on Level 12 when I asked for it but I regretted asking for that because the room was contaminated with cigarette smell!!! Room size is ok for one guest but the bathroom is quite small. It is a very basic room and there should power points near the bedside table so guests can charge their phones. Lack of bathroom amenities - no cotton pads and buds!!! Bins are "naked" without garbage bags - this is soooooooo filthy!!! Do NOT waste your money on the buffet breakfast served on Level 1!!! I disagree totally with reviewers here who have given their thumbs up for the buffet breakfast. The food served is of low quality and not worth AUD25 per person. I do not think I will ever stay here again if I go to Sydney for work. A disappointing stay overall :(

Room Tip: Room 1242 is contaminated with cigarette smell!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for providing feedback on your recent stay here at the Mercure Sydney. I’m sorry to hear about your experiences with your room.

Please contact the hotel on 02 9217 6666 or h2073@accor.com so that we can speak to you further about your comments.

Regards,
Greg Brady
Coogee, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed for our wedding anniversary was clean and close to transport. Average buffet breakfast for the price. Was meant to have wine and chocolates on arrival, however there was nothing in our room, I was told they would send them up so we waited before heading out to the city for a walk, but they took too long. When we returned there was still nothing, so I rang to complain and a girl. Turned up 15 minutes later, with no apology and a bottle of red wine of and a small box of Cadbury roses! It looked like they had to run out to buy them!

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room that overlooks George st too much traffic In the morning!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Congratulations! Thank you for your feedback and be assured that I will share your comments with my team. It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you back again. Greg Brady, General Manager
United, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Last week I stayed at the Mecure Hotel in Sydney, the staff were great and went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable :) I have trouble sleeping and the staff brought me a pillow menu! thank-you to everyone who made my stay wonderful!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you, for your 5 star review! I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Mercure Sydney and our staff was great. We appreciate your kind words and hope to have you back again.
Greg Brady, General Manager