5,261 results
All reviewscentral stationdarling harbourgeorge streettwo double bedspillow menuaccor memberpublic transporttop floorconcierge deskbuffet breakfastcity viewpaddy's marketlight railexcellent locationstandard rooman upgrademini bar
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I tend to stay here because it is central to everything I need and there are two double beds which is sometimes hard to find without paying through the nose.

I've only had a couple of issues and that has been in regards to noise. Once when there was party going on in the conference room which went on until about 2300. The noise permeated right into the room.

Another time jack hammering went on all day. All day! That can't be helped I guess but the party was disappointing.

Having said that, I'll stay here again but if I come across another party that is so loud it enters my room it will be the last time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad you are a regular guest at the Mercure Sydney. I was disappointed to read about your experiences regarding the noise levels.

If convenient please call the hotel on +61 2 9217 6666 or email H2073@accor.com as we would like to discuss your experiences further.

Thanks again for your feedback, and we look forward in speaking to you soon.

Kind regards
Greg Brady

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Reviewed 27 August 2014

booked the twin room only to wake up the next day with itchy skin, my friend & i had a bunch of bite marks on our legs and arms. though the management didn't make any fuss of it and just changed our room and gave us a wayyy bigger room, and most importantly, no bed bugs; plus some cream for the itchiness, so all was good.
location is superb. it's practically at the train station and the bus stop is literally at ur door. can't really hear the traffic down below so no problem with noise.

Room Tip: watch out for rooms with bed bugs
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Having only 3 nights in Sydney we needed somewhere comfortable and close to the centre. The Mercure did not disappoint and provided us with a great base to explore the city. After travelling for over 24 hours from the UK, my wife and I received a welcome surprise to find our room had two double beds to stretch out on - fantastic! We didn’t eat or drink in the hotel as there are a lot of cafés, restaurants and bars just outside, and if you wish to get further afield into the city there are plenty of public transport options running day and night. Our only regret was not having a longer stay in this beautiful city and lovely hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bremsk
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Hi there,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. We also wish you stayed longer! I am glad you enjoyed the extra room to spread out.

We hope you visit us at the Mercure Sydney again soon

Kind regards