5,261 results
All reviewscentral stationdarling harbourgeorge streettwo double bedspillow menuaccor memberpublic transporttop floorconcierge deskbuffet breakfastcity viewpaddy's marketlight railexcellent locationstandard rooman upgrademini bar
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights during my holiday in Sydney. I must compliment that the beds are comfortable and hotel is situated in a good location near central station. However, a major grip is in the constantly fluctuating showering temperature of which may result in sudden spike in temperature (beware of burnts!5). Other minor issues include poor room lighting and tv which do not have sounds on certain channels. Other areas of improvements includes providing more amenities such as free bedroom slippers, water bottles and free in-room internet which is already the norm at some overseas hotel. I will recommend the hotel for the excellent value.

Stayed: August 2014
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Hi Ignatius,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed the location and the beds. I was disappointed to read about your experience with the shower temperature. I would like to rectify this immediately. If possible, could you please contact the hotel on 9217 6666 or at h2073@accor.com so that we are able to ensure this does not happen again.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Very pleased with this hotel. They are very obliging on your requests. Our room as very spacious on the 14th floor very quiet and clean. A great start when the TV was put on to find a personal welcome message. Small touch but really nice. Check in staff where great and the concierges where brilliant our package gave us a free breakfast daily and that was awesome. Great selection of food and again great staff. The only thing I would not use again is the shuttle out to the airport. It was a ride from hell and very stressful. It is not much cheaper than the train and the train is more direct.
There is a free buss that runs from Lee street to the quey. Hop on and off. Great service. Only a 10 minute walk to a mall. 5 minute walk to the market. Buses at the door to go further.
Will definitely be back here to holiday again.

Room Tip: Ask for your preference. They are very obliging. We had 14 th floor and this was quiet with great views over the train station.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Hi Jacklyn,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so pleased to see you enjoyed the restaurant and the staff were so helpful during your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your welcome message.

We do hope to see you again soon

Kindest regards

Reviewed 31 August 2014

This hotel is at an ideal location to go anywhere within the Sydney region.
The staff are friendly but unobtrusive and the facilities are excellent.
Plus it is one of the few hotals in inner Sydney where parking is no problem

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Hi Jean,

Thank you for your feedback. I am thrilled to hear that you have given us a five star rating. Your kind words mean a lot to the entire team at Mercure Sydney and I will be sure to pass these compliments on.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

This is a nice motel centrally located. Bed is incredibly comfy but it was noisy with the air con amd noise from outside the room. The motel is located ckose to the train station with easy access to Olympic Park for c8ncerts and the airport using the airport link train.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Alisha,

Thank your for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the location and the bed. Please let us know next time about the air conditioning and I will send up maintenance straight away.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 29 August 2014

I tend to stay here because it is central to everything I need and there are two double beds which is sometimes hard to find without paying through the nose.

I've only had a couple of issues and that has been in regards to noise. Once when there was party going on in the conference room which went on until about 2300. The noise permeated right into the room.

Another time jack hammering went on all day. All day! That can't be helped I guess but the party was disappointing.

Having said that, I'll stay here again but if I come across another party that is so loud it enters my room it will be the last time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad you are a regular guest at the Mercure Sydney. I was disappointed to read about your experiences regarding the noise levels.

If convenient please call the hotel on +61 2 9217 6666 or email H2073@accor.com as we would like to discuss your experiences further.

Thanks again for your feedback, and we look forward in speaking to you soon.