5,261 results
All reviewscentral stationdarling harbourgeorge streettwo double bedspillow menuaccor memberpublic transporttop floorconcierge deskbuffet breakfastcity viewpaddy's marketlight railexcellent locationstandard rooman upgrademini bar
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I had stayed at this hotel in the past and had a fine experience, but I think it really depends which room you get.

Stayed here with my partner. We booked a double room, but I suspect we were given a room which was usually used for single occupancy guests. The bed was tiny. There was no fan or window in the bathroom so it steamed up terribly and set off the fire alarm. After informing staff the night before that our safe didn't work, a maintenance man knocked on our door at 8.45 on a Saturday morning. Really underwhelming experience, you pay for the convenient location.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Daniel_Barnard, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Hi amymi
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read of your overall disappointment with your stay on this occasion. I do regret that your room was not up to your expectation, and I have also followed up with our maintenance team in regards to the delay with repairing the safe to ensure this does not reoccur. I appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Staff: Very friendly and helpful.
Rooms: good, quite big and spacious, but No isolation between the rooms, so one can hear your neighbour fart. Not so nice!
And the exitdoor doesn’t close in a proper way to the floor which let sound in from outside AND in the night let light from the corridor in.
Breakfast:
is great with a big offer of options - BUT only one coffeemachine which creates long queing and a ”welcoming host” that creates awful queing in the entrance of breakfastroom.
Supposed to be welcoming, but takes just loooong time since the percist on writing each roomnumber in and then escort each guest to a table, while 10 people just waiting in line to come in. Not smart!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Hi Gunnar
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to note your overall stay was satisfactory, particularly enjoying the friendly and helpful service provided by our staff. I have also taken on board your constructive comments in which we will review accordingly. I sincerely regret the inconvenience caused on this occasion. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

We stayed one night, before a morning flight. Rooms are spacious, free wifi would have been good. Staff very courteous. Great location close to Central, perfect for exploring the city by train, bus or light rail.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WendynFred2017

Hi WendynFred 2017
Thank you for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your overall stay with us, highlighting the hotel's ideal location and the friendly service provided by our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Great location. Close to the train station and very practical to go to the airport. Clean and quiet room. Nice pool. Good breakfast. I spend their 6 nights. Nice stay overall, except a problem at check-in… (they would like to provide me with city view room with extra fees. However, I did not ask for any upgrade.)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Hi NiroMed
Thank you for your review. I am pleased you had a lovely stay with, enjoying the hotel's ideal location, as well as our facilities and services. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back when next you visit Sydney.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

The Hotel is very close to the Central Railway as were had to be at the station by 4.45am
They provided us with a box breakfast, which was good. The hotel itself was very comfortable, clean room. The staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 524susana
Daniel_Barnard, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear 524susana
Thank you for your review. I am most pleased to note your overall stay was most comfortable, and you enjoyed the hotel's convenient location. We trust you had a great trip and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.