Metro Apartments On Darling Harbour
US$215
US$173
  • Pool
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)
US$171
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$145
  • Room Service
US$182
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdarling harbourloft bedroomgreat locationsussex stwashing machine and dryersplit levelfull kitchenmaritime museumfloor to ceiling windowssmall balconyapartment was cleantaxi ranklounge roomstreet noisea bit tiredpublic transportstaff were friendly and helpful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014

On arrival the gentleman at Reception was too busy telling a friend (I assume a friend) where to go for a shower!!! I eventually got registered and allocated an apartment. The actual apartment was clean and well furnished. This said, I had to put a towel over the sofa where I sat to try and prevent being bitten by a mysterious insect. I was bitten several times before the towel remedy. The bedroom was on the upper level. The bed was comfortable, the bed linen adequate. I slept well for the two nights I spent there. There is a bath which was great and filled up quite rapidly. The balcony is unfurnished, it's far too small. There was an ashtray there though! My apartment was on the 1st floor. Standing on the balcony you faced the crossroads, (directly above the entrance). Apart from the problem with the sofa I have to say that is was a comfortable two nights stay. The location isn't bad at all, the aquarium is a 5 min walk away and Circular Quay approx a 10/15 min walk where every tour in town can be booked. If shopping is your thing these are located 5/10 min walk away (uphill). I would recommend this establishment mainly for the location. (The younger gentleman I encountered the 1st morning was extremely helpful and pleasant).

Room Tip: I would imagine that an apartment on a higher floor would afford a better vista.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
MIR_00, Manager at Metro Apartments On Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you, John, for taking the time to review our apartments.

I am shocked to see that you were bitten by an insect on the couch as we have regular pest spraying done every month. I have inspected your room (105) and have not found any evidence of insect activity in that or any other room.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the rest pf your stay. Our excellent location is centrally located to all major attractions, shopping and eating establishments.

Our well-equipped rooms provide all the comforts of home. And I pride myself on my pleasant staff.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Girls weekend away and had a wonderful time the 1 bedroom loft apartment is spacious, clean, comfortable and had everything we required. The view is brilliant and so are the staff very helpful even carried bags down the stairs for us. The apartments are in easy walking to Darling Harbour, Paddys Markets, The Rocks & Circular Quay. Had a fantastic time!!! :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bayholiday

Hi Bayholiday, and thank you for your review.

I am glad to see that you and your girlfriends enjoyed your stay with us.

Our spacious, well-equipped Executive Apartments (located on levels 4-7) have an outstanding view across to Darling Harbour.

The apartments are a great place to start a night out due to our convenient location which is within walking distance to everything. And our friendly and helpful staff make the experience just that much nicer.

Again thanks for the review and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed in room 102 a dreadful mistake! where to start - the sofa bed was so uncomfortable (felt each and every spring) that we slept on the floor, the heaters didn't work so it was freezing, the bathroom was dirty with very suspicious looking brown stains around the toilet, the ashtray hadn't been emptied from the previous occupants. We didn't receive a WIFI code on arrival and had to leave the apartment and go the the reception desk which was down the road in a different building, we were then given a WIFI code that didn't work either. The reception desk had closed at 10pm so too late to ask for another. For 190$ there are far better places in Sydney.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kazza14336
MIR_00, Manager at Metro Apartments On Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you Kazza4336, for taking the time to review our apartments.

Though you have reviewed the Metro on King, I will respond to you here.

I’m sorry to see that you didn’t enjoy your stay at the Metro on King. Our sofa mattresses have all been replaced recently with 4 inch Sealy inner spring mattresses. Though we can provide guests with an extra mattress for those guests who require extra padding.

I have personally inspected room 102 and could find no ‘suspicious’ brown stains anywhere in the bathroom. All bathrooms have been refurbished at the King st Property 6 months ago.

I apologize for the dirty ashtray, this was an oversight by our housekeepers, I have spoken with them and this will not happen again.

I am sorry you didn’t receive a wifi code upon arrival, these are available from the front desk which you can reach by dialling 9 on the room phone.

Whilst we do close reception at 10pm, on the day of your arrival, (Sunday) we had late arrivals and so reception was open until 12pm. I also Live on the property and I am able to be reached 24 hours.

As stated on all websites, Reception for the Metro on King is located 10 metres away at the Metro Apartments on Darling Harbour.

I hope this clears up any concerns you had and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I looked very hard for a hotel that was perfect for my 7 yr old son, my mum and myself for our week stay in Sydney. I can not rate this hotel high enough. Ok the rooms aren't the Hilton, but they are clean, warm and comfy. The loft room upstairs is perfect when my son wanted to sleep in. We paid a bit extra for a room with a view and it was wonderful. It was a 2 min walk over to Darling Harbour and a 5 min walk to a great playground for the kids. I will be staying here again. The location was absolutely perfect. The price is great. As I said I cannot rate this hotel high enough. The free wifi is fast for uploaded photos for people back home :) and the staff are more than helpful. thank you for making our first trip to Sydney are memorable one. This hotel is perfect on all aspects.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view, you wont be disappointed. We looked out onto Darling Harbour over to the Maritime Mueseum.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nadine t

Thank you, Nadine T, for reviewing our apartments.

I am glad to see that you and your family had a pleasant stay with us.

Our Loft style apartments provide a spacious and airy feel, ideal for families.

The Executive apartments located on the higher floors have a truly spectacular view across to Darling Harbour, especially at sunset.

Our great location is centrally located, within walking distance to all major attractions.

Our free wifi and helpful staff also add to the many good things about the property.

Again, thanks for the review and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My family stayed in a harbour view apartment in April this year, and had no issue. The location was perfect, Darling Harbour and ferry stop just a quick block across the street, and shopping and Queen Victoria building just up the road in the opposite direction. We even had a night out and the Baxter Inn and the Barber Shop are right up the road as well. There's a great Mexican restaurant across from the hotel as well, which was awesome for margaritas and tacos! We didn't have any issues with noise. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the apartment was clean and in reasonable condition for what we paid. Overall, I'd stay here again if cost was a priority, as it was for us on this trip. The value certainly helped us enjoy more of what we came to see in Sydney!

Room Tip: We liked looking out at the harbour in the mornings and at night.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer H
Gary L, Manager at Metro Apartments On Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Thank you Jennifer for taking the time to review the Apartments, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay.
Our ideal location is a great base to explore Sydney from as we are in walking distance to all the major attractions, shopping and restaurants.
We pride ourselves on our friendly service and clean, well appointed rooms.
Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you back soon.