“Hospitable!! Handy location!! Helpful!!”

Ranked #89 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed at the Novotel for 3 weeks, a home away from home if you like. We managed to get fantastic rates and free breakfast thrown in.. The location is perfect, accessible by foot to everything.

Reception was very friendly, we highly recommend you stay here. Both Laura and Renato were a pleasure at the front desk..

We look forward to retuning in the future..

• Stayed: May 2014
Peter-NRDH, General Manager at Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Angelak195,

Thank you for taking the time to write the hotel such a nice review. It was delightful to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here at Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour for the 3 weeks, and was particularly pleased that you enjoyed the service and staff friendliness.

We hope to welcome you back to the Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour again soon.

Kindest Regards,

There are newer reviews for Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed 1 night. Room on 2nd floor at rear. Price reasonable for Sydney. Staff very friendly. Great location. Not far from China Town and easy walk to Darling Harbour and City centre. Breakfast very good. Next time would book a room higher up facing front overlooking Darling Harbour so room was quieter as rear overlooks busy main road. As usual for location unable to open windows for fresh air although this would have added to noise in room.

Room Tip: Suggest room high up overlooking Darling Harbour which would be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Utsa,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed a pleasant stay, and especially enjoyed the staff friendliness, location and breakfast.

I hope you enjoyed your time in Sydney, and we hope to welcome you back to the Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour again soon.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Accor member but booked through wotif as a rushed trip to sydney...once i got notice HOT HOTEL through wotif i checked the reviews at this site....i had room 311.... and for a hotel that has been around for a while, the little bit of wood from the bathroom door and a little wear and tear on the lounge chair had me in the corner in tears.......seriously extra clean, tidy, the best bed i have slept in, room 311 on chinese garden side and slept like a baby....checkin was amazing, towels large and fluffy, good size room and staff helpful in every way......now my hotel choice from ibis world square.....well done crew

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Peter-NRDH, General Manager at Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear steve1201,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour, and particularly that you enjoyed the room, and a good night's sleep!

We hope to see you back to stay at Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Spent one night here on route to home as we Le Club members..won't be again.
Old and tired, staffs rent on there game, not one person to help my wife with her bags.
The restaurant ...mmm...well old, really tired, got there had one drink and left, way past use by date ...disappointing as others we have stayed in have been great..time to removals guys.
Value for money awful and that was member rate!
Return absolutely not!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear irwinmob,

Firstly, let me express my apologies for the issues encountered at Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour. We are not typically known for this kind of service, and it is most certainly not what I expect of this hotel or staff. I have addressed each and every level of issue with my management team to ensure that this does not occur again.

We have been in the process to upgrade the hotel, however as you may appreciate, this is a long process. Whilst I know you are disappointed about your stay, I would like to invite you back to Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour to experience the type of service for which this hotel can and does deliver, as a gesture of goodwill. Please contact me directly to arrange this if and when you are visiting Sydney again, and I hope that we may be able to restore your faith in Novotel and Accor.

Once again, please accept my most sincere apologies.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed three nights and was upgraded on arrival to larger room with free wifi which was appreciated. Also got a welcome drink at the Pump house bar, which is a good venue for a drink.
Location of hotel is convenient for access to most parts of the city, as it is within an easy walk of Chinatown, the town hall area, and the public transport network. Room was comfortable, refurbished recently and quiet, which made for a good nights sleep.
Good value when booked using advantage plus.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Philip R
Peter-NRDH, General Manager at Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Phillip R,

Thank you for your kind review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed a pleasant stay at Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour, and that you particularly enjoyed the hotel's location and the Pumphouse, and had a good night's sleep.

We hope to see you back to stay at Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed for 7 nights arriving Christmas eve and departing New Years eve with my partner. We arrived at the hotel at 7am very jetlagged and were able to check into our room straight away, this wasn't expected, however was very much appreciated!!! It's great to know that the hotel puts the guest first and didn't make us wait/pay for the room earlier. We then check into our room, it was a little dated, however very spacious, one of the most comfortable beds we've stayed in at a hotel and the bathroom was also very spacious with a lovely powerful shower.

The staff on the desk were very help and booked the Sydney Harbour bridge climb and a sky dive for us and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast had a great selection everyday, full English buffet and continental; there was always something to choose.

The location is great: just a short walk to Darling Harbour where there are lots of restaurants to choose from, including restaurants opposite a park- we found an amazing Brazilian restaurant! There is also a shopping centre in there which was very handy. You can also get a ferry from Darling Harbour straight to the CBD or a short taxi ride away.

The only downside was the pool, it was very small and inside! As there isn't a beach nearby I would have very much liked to have gone onto a roof top pool when the sun was shining.

A great stay all in all; we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We didn't have the Chinese garden view, however didn't mind and was quiet on the other side.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mnsheff

Dear mnsheff,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice a review. I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and particularly enjoyed the staff service and friendliness, location, and hotel facilities.

I hope you had a great time in Sydney, and we hope to see you back to stay at the Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour again soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I treated myself & 3 daughters to a weekend in Sydney to see "Strictly Ballroom"at the Lyric Theatre (other end of Darling Harbour). We booked a king room with rollaway through Flight Centre initially, then my older daughter decided to come so we changed the booking to 2 twin rooms (as close as possible) several weeks before arrival.
On check in we were told they only had a king room and a twin, on the same floor was as close as we could get.
The king room walls were stained and really dirty plus my doona had what appeared to be blood stains on it - see photo! There are no doona covers, they are just wrapped in a sheet which pulls away during the night. The rooms were tiny. I have no idea how they expected to put a rollaway bed in one. Didn't find the hairdryer till the morning of checkout (buried behind the iron in the wardrobe). There was no in room safe and the pillows were abysmal (although they had a pillow menu which I expect you had to pay for). The lighting for doing any work was a dim room lamp or the bedside light. Bathroom could have been cleaner (actually cleaning the tiles near the toilet - you could only see the stains when sitting on the loo). Quiet apart from the odd siren zooming past at night. On the far side of Darling harbour, the location was not convenient to the theatre we were attending which meant a 25 minute walk, however great for Chinatown and Capitol Theatre. For $250 a night, I though this was quite expensive, no porter, check in was brief and no information given about where the lifts were, which floor we were on etc, local transport etc. Had to ring reception to find out how to dial the other room as we checked the room directory twice without finding out how. Breakfast too expensive so we headed for Darling Harbour each morning with a million cafes with lovely views over the water. Only good if you have business or event planned on this side of Darling Harbour or don't mind a walk - we struggled to work out the public transport system.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank critique17
Peter-NRDH, General Manager at Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear critique17,

First of all, please accept my most sincere apologies for your recent stay at the Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour. The hotel is not typically known for the kind of service you received, and I have addressed these issues with management to ensure this does not happen to any guest again.

As a gesture of goodwill, I would like to invite you back to the Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour to experience the type of service for which this hotel can and does deliver. Please contact me directly to organise this when you are looking at your next visit.

Thank you for your honest feedback, as it is very much appreciated. I do hope to see you back at the Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour again in the not too distant future.

Sincerely Yours,