“Comfortable stay..”

Ranked #91 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Wollongong, Australia
“Comfortable stay..”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Rockford for few nights, entertaining Chinese customers. Great location to China town and Darling harbour. Service was reasonable but the lower rooms tend to be noisy due to the busy overpass, directly beside the hotel. Pumphouse behind is convenient.

Room Tip: Organise a room at a high revel to distance yourself from the room noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Peter-NRDH, General Manager at Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Dear crakyl,

Thank you for reviewing Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour. I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel during your stay, the service provided, as well as the Pumphouse.

If you are planning a stay in Sydney again in the near future, I encourage you to contact me directly at peter.emery@rockfordhotels.com.au, as I would like to personally ensure that your next stay is more enjoyable.

Many thanks again for your feedback, and I hope that we are able to welcome you back to stay here again soon.

Peter Emery

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Was located across from Sydney Entertainment Centre, quick walk to restaurants in Darling Harbour and China Town...
The rooms could do with an update, stayed here as I chose Secret Hotel deal on wotif... Service was awesome...

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kim A
Peter-NRDH, General Manager at Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Kim A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour. It was very pleasing to read that you were happy with the location of the hotel, and awesome service you received during your stay.

We are currently in the process of upgrading our rooms, hence why there is still older furniture in some of our rooms. I hope that once this process is complete, you will be able to return to the hotel to experience the refreshed product.

Once again, thanks so much for your feedback of the hotel. If you are planning a trip to Sydney in the near future, I encourage you to contact me directly, as I will be happy to personally assist with anything that will make your next experience even more enjoyable. I can be contacted via email at peter.emery@rockfordhotels.com.au.

Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The Novotel on Little Pier St. is ideally located to enjoy a Sydney visit - China town is right there for good inexpensive food, the Powerhouse Museum is a short walk, and a good walk will take you all around Sydney. We parked our car at the Entertainment Centre and received a discount through the Novotel; very helpful Reception staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Peter-NRDH, General Manager at Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Stephen Y,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review for the hotel. I hope you enjoyed your time in Sydney, and I was so pleased to read that you particularly enjoyed the convenient car parking service, helpfulness provided by our reception staff, as well as the location of the hotel. It sounds like you were able to explore many of the nearby attractions which is always fantastic to hear.

Once again, thank you so much for providing your feedback. If you are planning a return trip to Sydney in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at peter.emery@rockfordhotels.com.au, as I will personally ensure that your next stay is just as enjoyable as your previous one.

Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

A friend and I stayed for a girls night away and found it to be in a very central location, close to haymarket, darling harbour and a short stroll to Pitt street and close to trams/ town hall station. Staff happily stowed our bags for us while we went shopping and were friendly and helpful. If anything the furniture in our room was a little tired but still clean. Very happy and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Katie686,

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback, and I am delighted to read that you had a great girls night away here at Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour. I'm also very happy that you particularly enjoyed the location, shopping and staff helpfulness here at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back again soon. If you are planning another night away in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything that I am able to assist with to make your next stay even better than your previous. I can be contacted directly at peter.emery@rockfordhotels.com.au.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Excellent location and excellent staff however the rooms are very tired and not up to standard. The bathroom in the room was tired and several items were broken or damaged.
The room was surprisingly quiet for its location, as the view was facing a major intersection I expected much more noise than can be heard.
If the bathrooms were updated and a soft refresh of the accommodation it would be a great property.

Room Tip: Wait until the property has been renovated.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DrewMeads
Peter-NRDH, General Manager at Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear DrewMeads,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the hotel. I was pleased to read that you found the location and staff service to be excellent and the room quiet. However I am sorry to read that some items in your room were broken or damaged. I assure you that this is not typical to our standards, and this feedback has been passed on to our housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure that the items which were found to be damaged are replaced or repaired immediately.

We are currently in the process of gradually upgrading our rooms, and hence some features in some of our rooms are still slightly dated. I hope that once these changes have been made, we are able to welcome you back to Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour again to experience the new product.

Thank you very much again for your feedback. If you are planning a return visit to Sydney in the near future, I would encourage you to contact me directly at peter.emery@rockfordhotels.com.au, so that I can personally ensure that your next stay at the hotel is of the highest standard.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel had a great location and friendly staff, short walk to darling harbour, China town and the Sydney entertainment centre. Standard hotel room with the basic setup, but was clean and comfortable. Would go to and recommend again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Peter-NRDH, General Manager at Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Tenille B,

Thank you very much for your kind review of the hotel. I am so happy to read that you enjoyed the location, as well as the cleanliness and comfort of your room.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback, and I really hope that we can welcome you back to stay at Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour again soon. If I am able to assist with anything, please do not hesitate to contact me as I would like to ensure that your next stay here is as enjoyable as your previous. I can be contacted directly via email at peter.emery@rockfordhotels.com.au.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed for two nights while in Sydney to see All Black v Wallabies test. Excellent service at reception on check-in and room was available well before check-in time of 2.00pm. Room on 4th floor faced entertainment centre and was clean and tidy and roomy enough for a two night stay. Bathroom was a bit dated with shower over bath and a plastic curtain but was quite large and had new tiles and basin/toilet. Large well lit mirror. Sure, the place is a bit battered and bruised around the edges but is still 3+ star quality and we could not fault the service. Breakfast restaurant was usual buffet fare and tasty and you could order omelettes etc at no extra cost.
Ten minute stroll to Darling Quarter and Darling Harbour - wonderful selection of bars, cafes, restaurants. Easy walk to Central station. would certainly stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear GrantandPam255106,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, but even more ecstatic to read that you attended the All Blacks vs Wallabies test match!

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the service you received, particularly upon check-in, as well as the general location of the hotel. We are currently in the process of progressively upgrading our rooms, hence why some currently have slightly dated furniture. I hope that once these upgrades have been made, that you will be able to return to the hotel to experience the new product.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you need accommodation in Sydney in the near future as I would like to personally look after your stay and ensure it is as good as the previous one. You can contact me directly on peter.emery@rockfordhotels.com.au