The good things first: stayed here for one night with my wife and we had a great room on the 9th floor with views over Darling Harbour. The window is one large panel so you get the feeling that the city skyline is a wall mural and at night is visually stunning. the room was quite large as well (we had a Superior Room). Staff were very good at the front desk, checkin was pleasant and painless. Asked for an extension to our check out time and there was no problem. You also could select from a range of pillows which was nice. Buffet breakfast was ok - nothing special. Location is fantastic, especially if you're staying around Darling Harbour, or watching the fireworks.
On the negative side, yes these days the hotel should be providing FREE wireless into the room. And please don't offer that same old excuse that Australian prices for broadband internet are very expensive... Prices and capacity have changed dramatically over the last few years so Novotel please UP YOUR GAME! Also the bed was not very comfortable - it was pretty soft and we felt like we were rolling into the middle of the bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome and stunning view of Darling Harbour and the city skyline at the Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour, proudly located in one of the world's great waterfront destinations. Connected via undercover walkway to Harbourside Shopping Centre, you can walk right outside our doors to an array of restaurants and clubs along with Sydney's premier attractions. Venture over to Sydney City and Darling Harbour, pay a visit to Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge, get up close and personal with a Koala at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, walk under water at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium or experience world-renowned exhibits at Powerhouse and National Maritime Museums. Modern and comfortable, the hotel provides a variety of facilities and services all for our guests' well being - Business Centre, 24-hour room service, The Ternary - our brand new restaurant offering Asian & Grill Kitchens along with a Wine Bar & Charcuterie and great recreational facilities including swimming pool, gymnasium and an outdoor tennis court. From our convenient and comfortable accommodations to a myriad of free entertainment and festivals in the precinct, embrace the vibrancy of Sydney at Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, ACCOR, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Southall Travel, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Sydney On Darling Harbour Hotel Sydney
- Novetel Sydney
- Accor Sydney On Darling Harbour
- Sydney Novotel
- Darling Harbour Novotel