“Great hotel, excellent location”

Ranked #74 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne, Australia
“Great hotel, excellent location”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in March 2014. The staff are extremely friendly, all smiles. The view from the room was amazing. Most of the attractions are a short walk from the hotel, a cab ride from hotel to Sydney tower eye will cost you less than $10 and if you prefer to walk, its roughly around 20 min walk. The rooms were good size, although I must say its about time the rooms need some extra care. One thing I would have expected from this hotel is the in room foot wear. I don't think that's provided. Also, the room service crew need to ensure tea coffee are all topped up when they do the daily room service round. I had to chase them up for tea coffee sugar everyday.
As I mentioned, its a great family hotel, I will most definitely be staying there again if I was to go back to Sydney.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
NovotelSydneyDHH, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for providing us with such positive feedback, it’s always great to see.

Thank you for the feedback in regards to your room amenities I pass your comments on to our housekeeping manager to share with their team.

I am glad to see you visited the Sydney tower eye. Did you know that the hotel offers a “Go wild Package” which includes a complimentary family pass into two of Sydney’s top attractions with a choice of five to choose from? Bookings for this package can be made directly through our reservations team on 02 9934 0000
We do hope you visit us again soon and that your next stay will be as pleasant as the first.

Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Booked through Accor for my complimentary night when arrived told I would have to pay even though I had a confirmed email. I was told someone would contact me no one has. An invoice placed under my door stating nothing was owing so I assumed it was sorted out. Two weeks later my credit card was charged without any contact. I manage a resort and would never treat a guest how I was. The professional contact of this company and staff was disgusting. I would advise people to stay clear of this motel, room was not ver clean and staff very unfriendly.

1 Thank Cindy H
Dear Guest

Thank you for providing us with feedback, I do apologize if you stay did not meet your expectations.

It is concerning to me that you had issues with our staff and charges on your credit card. Due to the privacy restrictions on trip advisor we cannot see your contact details and we would like to speak to you personally in regards to this matter. One of our assistant managers can be contacted on (02) 9934 0000 and are available to talk at any time.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you do contact us, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed on a Saturday night and had great views of Darling Harbour and the 5 minute fireworks at 9pm and while the room was spacious and comfortable the overall experience was overshadowed by the curt and unsmiling reception staff and the extremely disappointing quality of the room service. The kids ordered pizza which was undercooked, frozen pizza and my beef salad had raw beef that was unseasoned. On checking out the reception were again unfriendly and when they made a mistake with the bill didn't apologise but rather seemed put out that I required a refund of the over charging.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

It is concerning to me that you had issues with our staff and room service, therefore I will be share your comments with our Front Office Manager, as it allows us to improve on the issues you have raised providing future guests with a high quality product that is the Novotel standard. Should you wish to discuss the matter further please don't hesitate to contact her on 02 9934 0000.

Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed 3 nights for our anniversary and couldnt fault this hotel. Everything was what we wanted. We didnt find it at all tired looking, on the contrary we were really pleased with our room. There is happy hour in the evening and a grab and go breakfast first thing. We brought ours up to our room and it was really good value. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for providing us with such great feedback; it is always a pleasure to see.

We are glad to see that you made use of the grab and go menu; this is something we started on a trial basis and soon became a permanent feature due to its popularity. It is very popular with our corporate guests who are always on the go and it great for those days where you don’t want a huge buffet breakfast.

I do hope you visit us again soon and that your next stay will be as pleasant as the first.

New Zealand
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely family friendly hotel. Staff were accommodating and helpful. We only had one night here but we took advantage of the swimming pool which was great fun. The restaurant was fabulous for both breakfast and dinner our food could not be beat especially if you own an Accor card which made it extremely affordable. The location is handy to harbourside and darling harbour as well as a short walk to town. Our only negative is not about the hotel itself but a hairdresser in the harbourside mall that shafted my parents for mens basic hair cut for $250.00AU. We were shocked. If we are in Sydney we will be staying here again

Dear Guest,

The Novotel brand strives its self on their Family benefits, its glad to see you took advantage of this with breakfast, not many guests realize the potential i.e. two children can eat breakfast for free when dining with their parent or guardian in our restaurant. It’s these small benefits that make the Novotel brand stand out.

I am glad that you enjoyed our pool facilities it is a rare opportunity to relax and unwind in area that showcases spectacular view of our city.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed here for three nights before a cruise and one night on our return. On our second stay we had a great view of Darling Harbour. Staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious. The free wifi in public area was very slow, it was better to use one of the computers but you needed to wait until one became available.

A good selection of food was available at the breakfast buffet and staff were helpful in replenishing food and tea bags.

This hotel is conveniently located near many restaurants, the maritime museum and approximately a 10/15 min walk to the main shopping area and Sydney Tower.

If we were ever back in this area we would certainly stay in this hotel again and would recommend it to other tourists.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast; our food and Beverage team are always looking for new and fresh ideas to produce a variety of breakfast options.

As mentioned by many of our guests, one of our key features is that the hotel is centrally located in the heart of the darling harbour precinct and is most convenient for all needs.