“perfect except waking up by cruise ship early in the morning”
Review of Park Hyatt Sydney

Park Hyatt Sydney
Ranked #4 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Phoenix, Arizona
“perfect except waking up by cruise ship early in the morning”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed 2 nights in May 2014, perfect location for Vivid Sydney. Nothing to complain. 5 minutes walking to the ferry and the metro station. There is a nearby dock for cruise ship, so on the second day, we were woke up by the ship horns (carnival spirit), but it was quite a view with the bridge, the cruise ship and the opera house altogether in the harbor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
MarcvArnim, General Manager at Park Hyatt Sydney, responded to this review, 11 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

We were pleased to hear of your positive experience at Park Hyatt Sydney, and will be sure to share your feedback with our entire team.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Sydney in the very near future.

Marc von Arnim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

What a wonderful hotel. This was my first stay at the Park Hyatt and it won't be my last. It is a truly awesome location, the rooms are beautifully thought out, the bathrooms are wonderful and I loved having the Nespresso machine. My only regret is that I am unable to make a Grey Goose martini as well as the Bar staff did on Saturday night (it was THE best martini I've ever had). The staff are truly first class, nothing is too much trouble and they are always cheerful and relaxed. I can't wait for my next visit.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us and for your valuable feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you were well taken care of by our team and had enjoyable experiences in both The Bar and in your guest room. As we strive to exceed our guest expectations, we appreciate you taking the time to provide such valuable feedback and will be sure to share it with the team.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Sydney in the near future.

Kind regards,
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My wife, son and I stayed at the PH Sydney for a week and it was amazing. We stayed during Vivid Sydney and it was the perfect place to stay. The location cannot be beat. The room was beautiful, the staff are awesome, the fitness centre and pool are amazing. I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a view of the Harbor and CBD, only a few look directly at the Opera House. I...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
MarcvArnim, General Manager at Park Hyatt Sydney, responded to this review, 9 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and really appreciate you taking the time to provide such valuable feedback.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife, little baby, and I visited Sydney for the first time over Easter break this year over a 10-day trip. We spent the first 4 nights at the Park Hyatt, left for two nights to visit Hunter Valley and Blue Mountains, and came back to finish the last 4 nights of our trip at Park Hyatt again. We thought about trying other hotels for the sake of something different, but we are so glad we didn't. In my opinion, nothing would even come close.

We had a wonder experience and this hotel and its staff truly made our visit memorable and enjoyable.

I was impressed since my very first interaction with the hotel - started with my email exchanges with Andrew (Executive Assistant Manager) to make sure our stay at the Park Hyatt would be suitable for us, to communicating with Tim pre-arrival to allocate the right room for us (we had some picky requests), to working with Charles, Victoria and Camilla from the concierge team for all the pre-/during/post-planning efforts.

In my opinion and based on my experience, I would rank the Park Hyatt Sydney, together with the particular team that helped me, as among the top 5% of the probably 150+ different hotels I've stayed in (mostly luxury properties), for both business and personal travels.

With my diamond status, we were given a very nice room for both of our stays.

Room: We had a deluxe room on the top floor during our stay and the room was beautifully appointed, just the right level of luxury and design (not over or under designed). The room decor style is actually exactly what my wife and I like and feels quite similar to our own home. Bed was very comfortable, the view of the Opera House was fantastic, and most important it was very, very quiet. We didn't hear any noise from the hallway, from the neighbors, from the street, etc. Wifi in the room was also very strong (this is very important to me and having slow wifi is one of my pet peeves). This was a non-issue. Streaming Hulu / Netflix and keeping up with the NBA games was a non-issue on the iPad.

Service: This aspect is what impressed me the most, and in my opinion is what makes a true 5-star property vs. a 4-star property (i.e., nice rooms/hotel, but sub-par service). We were very well catered to during our entire stay and the majority of the staff knew us and greeted us accordingly (even though it was our first visit). Upon arrival, our room wasn't ready yet since we arrived on the red-eye so they gave us an early arrival room to rest and for our little one to nap. That was perfect. The hotel prepared for us in advance a stroller for our use and a high-chair for the room. They also baby-proofed the room and supplied various toys. As fairly new parents, this was exactly what we wanted and made our stay very pleasant.

Food: We ate quite a number of our meals (room service) and all of our breakfasts at the hotel. Very good quality, good service and accommodated our little guy very well (even though he made a huge mess everywhere we ate!)

Concierge: I cannot say enough about the team. One of the best I've ever had and I often leverage concierge's help heavily when I travel. This team was one of the most responsive via email I've ever had, which was perfect for my communication preference. Very thoughtful suggestions, always helping us with a smile and their attitude was so great. Charles and Victoria - so great.

Other facilities: We used the rooftop pool a few times and it was very pleasant. Great way to spend a lazy Sunday or after a day of sightseeing. The gym was also quite adequate, enough equipment and space to have a good enough workout on the road.

Location: Since it was our first visit to Sydney, "The Rocks" really meant nothing to us before the trip. Now, looking back, it was the perfect location for us. We still walked to quite a few places towards the pier / into the main shopping area (10 min walk away), but appreciated staying in an area that just didn't feel so "downtown" among the financial buildings. I work in one all the time so I didn't need to spend my vacation surrounded by them. I would highly recommend this location. We also had a rental car throughout our visit so it was very convenient for us to drive to other areas of Sydney to experience the city.

Overall, I cannot say enough about how great this hotel is and since returning back home, I've been a loud advocate to my friends and colleagues that this is the place to stay when visiting Sydney, without a doubt. (But price is certainly a factor since rates as I recall, were in the A$800+ / night range, so not cheap. But if money is non-factor, staying at the Park Hyatt Sydney would probably the easiest decision to make when visiting the area.)

Room Tip: Get a room that faces away from the road. One that faces the harbor or the opera house is the way t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank RNG1008
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for your generous feedback and for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our harbourside residence.

We continuously strive to exceed our guest expectations and your kind feedback is a gracious commendation of our team. I will most certainly share this with Andrew, Charles, Victoria, Tim, Camilla and the rest of our team.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Sydney in the very near future.

Kind regards,
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is located next to harbor bridge with astonishing views on the Opera House. The rooftop hotel pool gives you a stunning view on the harbor bridge and in the morning at sunrise you can appreciate the wonderful colors the sun creates on the Opera House.
The hotel staff is knowledgeable and very friendly.

Room Tip: Take an Opera House view room. And you get a room with a view Avoid the cruiseship season because t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank iELM

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We are here for 3 days on our way to Hawaii. We are so pleased with this hotel the staff have been so friendly and our rooms are amazing. Park Hyatt is in a perfect position close to everything . We will definitely be Back once again Hyatt has not let us down .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear valued Guest,

We were pleased to read you enjoyed the convenient location of our harbourside residence, and were impressed with the level of service provided by our team. We will be sure to share your positive comments with them.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This will definitely be our new choice for all future Sydney trips, stayed here over the weekend booked on Gold passport points. From the minute we drove up to the front of the hotel the staff were friendly and attentive, our car and baggage were looked after and I've never had a faster check-in at any other hotel I have ever stayed. All hotels should stand up and take notice of the way things are done here - it is without doubt world class in hotel standards worldwide and they really know how guests should be looked after. The room was immaculate with a fantastic view of the city / harbour and couldn't hear any noise at all from the city / water with the balcony doors closed. The combined effort and assistance from all staff throughout our stay added to a very enjoyable weekend in Sydney and I would definitely recommend the Park Hyatt Sydney to any visitor. The ease of access to the Rocks area and the edge of the harbour was fantastic & there are a plethora of choices for dining, cafes and entertainment in the vicinity of the hotel. No complaints whatsoever, will visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level Harbour view room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are always delighted to receive feedback on our guest’s experiences and are thrilled to hear that your recent stay at our Park Hyatt Sydney was a memorable one.