“Terrible Room Service”

Park Hyatt Sydney
Ranked #4 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
“Terrible Room Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here for a week and so far everything lived up to the Park Hyatt standard until we ordered room service at midnight. We ordered beef noodle and our food took over an hour to come. It was horribly salty! Even though complimentary but uneatable.
It was a real shame!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
MarcvArnim, General Manager at Park Hyatt Sydney, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at Park Hyatt Sydney.

We were disappointed to learn of your experience with In Room Dining as we place great importance on our guests and always strive to exceed expectations. This is not indicative of the level of service to which we strive, and we will certainly share your feedback with our team so we may continue to enhance our offerings and service delivery at the hotel.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we hope to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Sydney soon.

Marc von Arnim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We had been planning this trip for 10 months as a special birthday celebration and the Park Hyatt in Sydney was the perfect place for our stay. My husband travels for business and is a Hyatt Platinum member and we were able to book our 4 nights here on points.

We arrived early on a Sunday morning very tired after our night flight from Singapore, our room was not available, that's understandable and not a problem but they offered us the use of the gym and spa shower areas so we could at least feel a little fresher. They stored all our luggage and gave us use of a safe in the management area so we were then free to wander off around Sydney.

Had a great day seeing the Opera House and booked tickets for an Opera later in the week. Book to go on the Opera House tour for $37 and you can book seats for an Opera at $99 which is way cheaper than paying full price for some of the seats. My daughter and I saw Don Giovanni with fab seats in row G for $136 each which I think is seriously cheap compared to the usual prices or what you would pay at Covent Garden. Wandered through the Botanical Gardens and then into a Police Museum.

Back at the hotel we were given our room, I believe they all overlook the Opera House, ours certainly did, Good size bed, so comfortable with a lounge area and lovely big bathroom with a wet area which doubled up as a steam room when you were in there a long time, was lovely. Good amount of wardrobe space and drinks area plus a balcony that overlooked the Opera House and the harbour area. They are doing works in the harbour but its just during the day so did not affect our stay, it can be very noisy though when they are working.

We did not eat in the restaurant but had drinks in the lounge and bar as well as a light breakfast in the lounge on one day. Good choices and staff seriously attentive and of course great views. There are so many restaurants and bars in the area to chose from you are spoilt for choice.

Note to the management - your concierge team were outstanding, thank you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ArabianRanchesLisa
MarcvArnim, General Manager at Park Hyatt Sydney, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for your generous feedback and for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our harbourside residence.

We continuously strive to exceed our guest expectations and your kind feedback is a gracious commendation of our team. I will most certainly share this with our concierge and the rest of our team.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Sydney in the near future.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We've stayed here before, as the location and rooms can't be beat. We mentioned we were coming back for a honeymoon, and did they ever deliver!!!!

Pros:
Amazing front desk service. Better than most Park Hyatts
Phone is always picked up
Best view in Sydney
Great rooms- very modern
You feel like you have the hotel to yourself
And free wifi!!

Cons:
Are you kidding me????

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jcb193
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are always delighted to receive feedback on our guest’s experiences and are thrilled to hear that your recent stay at our Park Hyatt Sydney was a memorable one for your special occasion.

We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and really appreciate you taking the time to provide such valuable feedback.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Sydney in the very near future.

San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Positive: 1) The location is amazing. This is the only hotel right on Sydney Harbor. You can experience wonderful views from your room, during breakfast, and while having drinks. 2) The staff is excellent. Among the best of the Park Hyatt teams I have met. In particular the front desk, concierge, and housekeeping do a wonderful job. 3) The rooms are modern, stylish, and comfortable.
Neutral: It's expensive, but worth it.
Negative: None.
Elite member treatment: All Diamond amenities delivered as promised. I will note, however, that we were not upgraded from our booked City and Harbour View room even though better rooms were available. I've been told by others this hotel is not as generous about this published benefit as others.

Bottom line: I'd go back for special occasions.

1 Thank SFOPhD
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us and for your valuable feedback.

We were pleased to read you enjoyed the convenient location of our harbourside residence, and were impressed with the level of service provided by our team. We will be sure to share your positive comments with them.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

After 4 calls in 4 consecutive days and e-mail sent to sales team, no one would even bother to respond. On day five, I finally was able to get hold of the staff. Once they answered the phone, I kindly asked to be connected to Sales, but good luck.... Out of 4 people nobody was available. Once I asked to be connected to General Manager, I was momentarily transferred to Kally who was not professional either. No matter how hard I tried to address my concern, instead of appropriate verbiage you would expect from five star hotels, I was only getting HM, HMM. HM..... I was really surprised that five-star/five diamond hotel would talk this way.
I have definitely faced very bad experience and I will ensure that I share this with as many people in the industry as I can.
Park Hyatt is well known for great service at polite staff and I am this is not what I have got here!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
9 Thank D D
MarcvArnim, General Manager at Park Hyatt Sydney, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Park Hyatt Sydney.

We were disappointed to learn of your experience when contacting the hotel as we place great importance on our guests and always strive to exceed expectations. This is not indicative of the level of service to which we strive, and we will certainly share your feedback with our team so we may continue to enhance our offerings and service delivery at the hotel.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we hope to welcome you to Park Hyatt Sydney soon.

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed 1 night in a Deluxe Opera Suite and from beginning to end it was perfect. We live in Sydney but had no time to get away on a proper holiday and so I really hoped the Park Hyatt would be good as otherwise we'd both prefer to stay in the comfort of our own home. It did not disappoint! The staff were all excellent, so polite and professional and really could not have looked after us any better in any way. The standard of service is, in my opinion, as good as it gets. I had mentioned that it was my husband's birthday and so they arranged for a beautiful cake and champagne to be delivered to the room. Furthermore, I felt so terrible that we hadn't eaten it and the next morning asked if they might be able to box it to take home with us, they insisted on giving us a new one. Even after I said that wouldn't be necessary, when we went to collect our luggage, they presented us with a fresh one, beautifully packaged to take home.

The other fabulous thing about the Park Hyatt is the view. I think it has to be the best in the world! The Opera Deluxe Suite has a magnificent panorama of the Opera House and I love the fact that the room has a balcony so that you don't feel shut in. The decor is very calming. It was refurbished fairly recently I believe and has a comfortable, spacious, well-thought-out, neutral yet luxurious feel (I would liken it to a 'Poliform' interior). I like that the bathroom has a window opening onto the rest of the room so you can still admire the magnificent view from the shower. Also it has a Nespresso, which is always a good thing.

We also enjoyed our spa experience - the couples room is such a lovely way to share the experience of a massage. Once again the staff were excellent and the treatments left us feeling completely rejuvenated.

The only meal we experienced was breakfast and although I don't eat a huge breakfast it looked like there was a fairly extensive choice. Once again, perfect.

In summary, although our holiday was less than 24hrs long including the 20 min journey to and from home, I feel more rested, relaxed and satisfied than I have from returning from any other holiday I've been on.

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are always delighted to receive feedback on our guest’s experiences and are thrilled to hear that your recent stay at our Park Hyatt Sydney was a memorable one.

I am pleased to hear that you were well taken care of by our team and had enjoyable experiences in both The Spa and your Opera Deluxe guestroom. As we strive to exceed our guest expectations, we appreciate you taking the time to provide such valuable feedback and will be sure to share it with the team.

Marc von Anrim
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We spent 4 days last week at the Park Hyatt Sydney .It is an amazing hotel with top notch service.
the concierge staff were outstanding -special thanks to Jonathan, Camilla and Victoria.
Jonathan went out the way to plan our outing ,his recommendations whether it was a coffee place or all day tours -were all stellar!

Beautiful city with a stay at this amazing hotel made our stay memorable ,can't wait to visit and stay at Park Hyatt Sydney again!

Room Tip: City View or Opera House view