“Great location!!!”

Park Regis City Centre
Ranked #124 of 177 Hotels in Sydney
“Great location!!!”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We found this place to have a great location. We could walk almost everywhere we wanted to. The front desk were very helpful to arrange our rooms earlier then checkin as we had arrived at 9.30am and were in our room by 11am. Rooms were really nice, although they smelled freshly painted and the bathrooms were a bit small and outdated. Would definitely stay here again if we got the $99 a night special or something similar.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
Reviewed 18 January 2012

This hotel is in a great location in the city centre. I stayed for business reasons so it was very convenient. Compared to other hotels in the area is was more reasonable priced.The reception area and lifts are small but that really doesnt matter. The staff were pleasant and efficent upon check in and check out. My room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was very small but I only stayed a few nights and was by myself so it was fine. I think my room had recently had a refurb because another person I knew stayed on a lower level and her room was different and not as good. So if you going to stay here I was suggest staying in a Park Suite. There was a little noise from the street but it was really not bad considering its in the middle of the city.

Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Unless you have the ability or desire to wear earplugs to bed every night, DO NOT STAY HERE. windows are barely even single glazed. Sleeping on the 14th floor felt like laying down for a snooze on the sidewalk.
Duvet did not have a cover on it, there was some mildew in the (TINY) bathroom, and internet prices are exhorbitant, but the location is very good, and the cost (sans internet) did not break our budget.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank DaisyDuke1975
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 January 2012

PROS: The only good thing about this hotel is its location. It is conveniently located close to the Town Hall train station which makes it easy to get around to just about anywhere including the airport.

CONS: This is not a 3-star hotel. We initially requested a room on a high floor when we booked it. There are 45 floors...the first 15 floors are for the hotel and the rest are apartments. We ended up with room 608. It was horrible. The front desk person told us it was a view of Hyde Park...it was more like the hotel parking lot with Hyde Park in the background. The hallway was dark and dingy looking. The room itself seemed alright and the window was opened when we arrived. But after closing the window and opening the closet to hang our clothes, we quickly smelled the mildew coming from the closet. The bathroom was tiny and the shower was horrible (it was triangular shaped). There are instructions in the shower to regulate the water temperature but it didn't work. the water was either extremely hot or extremely cold. Due to the smell, we requested a room change but since it was late in the day, we were only able to change the following day. We were moved to 1408. This was the same layout as 608. The room did not smell, which was a good start. The water temperature of the triangular shaped shower worked well. However, the bathroom light didn't work properly. When we turned on the switch, the light would not go on and we heard noise coming from the switch. It sounded like sparks were flying so we called the front desk immediately. They sent a manager who offered to change the light bulb. My husband is an electrical engineer and the issue was definitely not the bulb. we informed the manager that it was a wiring issue with the switch so the manager told us he would send an electrician the following day. The problem was fixed. We also noticed black mold on the bathroom ceiling.

We do not recommend this hotel. Avoid any of the "08" rooms like 608 or 1408 as these are the ones with the tiny triangular showers. There is nothing in this hotel that justifies what they charge. By the way, they charge $2 per bag if you want to leave your bags after checkout. Also, there's a 3.5% fee if you use your credit card to pay when checking out. Internet use is not free. It's cheaper to walk over to Woolworth's and use their internet cafe. Not worth the money.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms ending in "05" and "08" as these are the ones with the triangular s...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank married_traveler

Travellers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The GOOD BITS: The location of this hotel is fantastic - central to the heart of the city. The staff were pleasant and professional and beds comfortable.

The BAD BITS: The rooms were small (not too much of an issue for me) however I think the rooms were overpriced. I would expect better facilities in the room for a $200 room! The showers were crap - very difficult to get the water temp to a comfortable temp - either too hot or too cold. The worst thing however was the noise. And I dont mean the traffic noise which there certainly is but that type of noise is expected when staying at a city hotel. The noise that kept me awake sounded like staff vacuuming the corridoors in the middle of the night. It lasted for ages and baffled me why there would be a night cleaner vacumming right outside guests rooms! Not happy!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Dear Skiphopjump,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Park Regis City Centre and your feed back dated January 2011. I was surprised to read your feedback and confused by some of the comments which were made.

I am happy to see that you loved the location. I hope you took full advantage of the rooftop views. Its also comforting to hear that you liked the beds. We have changed all beds and incorporated the use of toppers to ensure that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep.

Room sizes vary within the Hotel. Our premier room is our lead in room followed by the executive which is larger and then the Park Suite which is the largest of the room types. Prices will vary during the year due to high and low seasons and event periods in Sydney.

Our Housekeeping Team do not work during the night. They perform their duties from morning to afternoon and have completed their duties by 4:30pm. I am unsure about what noise you heard during your stay, I can assure you that no cleaning was occurring on the floors during these hours.

I appreciate you taking time to give us your feedback

Kind regards
Michael Vera Lobos
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 29 December 2011

This hotel has no doubt a perfect location. It is a walking distance for all tourist attractions. But unfortunately it is overpriced for the services it has to offer. The rooms are extremely small. Shower area is minuscule and you end up messing the entire bathroom area. Reception is the smallest reception I have ever seen. Usually one relies on concierge and reception to know about the area but it was unfortunate that the reception staff in this hotel was the most unfriendly/ unwelcoming staff I have ever met. Moreover, it seems they were being rascist. To my biggest surprise they don’t have any public restroom at reception, one has to go to next door café to use restroom. Also, they charge $2/ bag for left luggage. I heard this for the very first time. Me and my sister carry with us good memories of Sydney to our country but extremely rude, unfriendly and rascist Park Regis hotel staff.
So overall only positive about this hotel is its location. Rest it is highly NOT RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Honest_Review2309
Dear Honest Review23 ,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Park Regis City Centre and your feed back dated December 2011. I was surprised to read your feedback and concerned with some of the comments which were made.

It is great to see that you loved the location of hotel but it is disappointing that you left with negative feelings after your stay.

I was surprised to see that you believe my staff were racist. We pride ourselves on having a strong multicultural team which not only enhances the guest experience but provides a good positive working environment. The staff nationalities include Indian, Spanish, Philippines, Nepalese, Chinese, Portuguese and Australian. I strongly disagree with the comment which has been made.

There is no restroom in the Foyer and this is due to limited space. We are able to utilize the facilities next door. Luggage charges are only imposed on checkout, there are no luggage charges on check in.

I appreciate you taking time to give us your feedback.

Best regards,
Michael Vera Lobos
Central Coast
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Stayed one night in the Executive King room and will not return. I have stayed in many motels/hotels and have had better service than what we received at this hotel. At a motel you will get a biscuit with your tea/coffee. My bed was very uncomfortable and the noise outside and within the hotel was excessive. I did not get to sleep until at least 4am.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple