“"Cheap & cheerful"”

Park Regis City Centre
Ranked #128 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Hotel was ok for a night or two, not luxury, old but clean. Bathroom very small, nowhere to put your things, bed good, street noise loud and a lot of ambulance sirens at night, must be the main route to the hospital. I would not stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank PerthLaura
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear PerthLaura,
Your positive feedback pertaining to the cleanliness of Park Regis City Centre is very much appreciated. I have passed on your comments onto the housekeeping team by means of thanking them.
Your comments with regards to street noise have been noted. We have already completed the installation of double glazing on 3 floors and fortunately it is planned to install double glazing on the remaining floors over the coming months.
We hope that we do have the pleasure of your company again when you next travel to Sydney.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great location, about 10 minutes walk to Martin place. Also has parking available for a reasonable fee. The rooms are small and pokey but clean. The hotel feels a little dated but overal it's not bad value for the city centre.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Skottie72.
Thank you for posting your feedback. Park Regis City Centre as the name suggests, is all about location and its proximity to all of Sydney’s major tourist attractions, shopping precincts and restaurants.
We offer clean comfortable accommodation that is seen as being value for money in the heart of the city.
We hope that we have the privilege of having you stay with us when you next visit Sydney.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My 1st time staying here and after reading most reviews, I still went ahead to book in this hotel. I booked the normal room and it turnout quite well. Small as it was but for the price you are paying, I think this was good enough. Also, one is entitled to go to Level45 for a super view of Sydney. Remember to go as the view is great!!!
Location was great! Coming from the airport was easy by train stopping at Town Hall. Walking to hotel takes about less than 10mins.
Supermarket, Food, Shopping are all within walking from hotel. Also, QVB was mins away from hotel.
I would stay here again for the location.

Dear NgGregory.
Thank you for writing your review. When it comes to the location of hotels in Sydney, Park Regis City Centre is second to none. This is complimented by clean modern accommodation, and a great friendly Australian welcome when you arrive.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to making you feel welcome when you next visit Sydney.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife and myself were traveling with another couple and made a booking through Hotels.com for a Friday night (23 May ) what a great disappointment. We were given rooms opposite one another, our room was the size of a shoebox with the double bed pushed hard up against one wall with enough room on the other side to walk into the bathroom with one bedside table. Our companions room was adequate, a standard double room. When I went to speak to reception about the room I was told that our room was their standard express room. To which I replied 'do you expect me or my wife to climb over one another to get into bed' i mentioned that our friends room was a normal ? room and the reply was that they had been upgraded!! with that i asked if it was possible to also receive an upgrade to which the reply was (rudely) "oh sir we are very busy tonight " i pushed the point again that the room was totally inadequate "well sir you can pay an extra $15 (usually $50) and i will upgrade you" SUCKER we were upgraded to a king room on the 9th floor thank god the bed was comfortable as that was it. Decor was out of 1970 (not retro), room was noisy,no double glazing, may as well have had windows open.As for being busy we did not hear or see anyone on our floor or our friends floor the entire time. With so many outstanding hotels in the CBD the Park Regis leaves a lot to be desired!!!

Room Tip: Don't book an express room !!!!
3  Thank kooltravellers

Dear kooltravellers.
Thank you for your review. Your constructive feedback is very important to us, as without this it becomes difficult for us to improve. For this I thank you.
Your comments have been taken on board and have been passed on to the respective department heads for their corrective action.
Yours sincerely
General Manager.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Room was well-maintained and cozy, and the attached bathroom was pretty clean. The hotel staff were courteous. The price was a little on the higher side, but it was to be expected given the central location of the hotel and ease of access to both the Circular Quay and Darling Harbour districts of Sydney. I also liked the additional information for tourists that was available in the guest room itself.

One thing that I did find strange was the additional charge for storing our luggage for a couple of hours post-checkout (prior to our heading to the airport for the departing flight). I can't remember being charged (even a token amount) at any other venue in the past. But this was a minor sideshow, overall we enjoyed our one-night stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear bengalterp
Thank you for writing your review on the Park Regis City Centre. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the location of the property central.
Your comments pertaining to the friendliness of the team are also encouraging. We pride ourselves in trying to provide service that exceeds our guest expectations. Thank you for acknowledging this.
Your comments pertaining to the comfort and maintenance of the room are also pleasing. I have passed this feedback onto housekeeping and maintenance teams as it is this positive feedback like yours that will only help us improve at what we do. For this I thank you.
Your comment regarding the cost of storage of luggage is noted.
Once again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming your back when you next visit Sydney.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great location and very close to everything in the city.

We were given a voucher so for the price we paid it was good value.

Service was mixed. Rooms and hallway are tiny. The room was clean. All in all, it wasn't anything flash but we weren't looking to spend all day in night in the hotel so it was fine for what we needed it for.

It was great to have available parking - $35 for weekday is reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear S L. Thank you for posting your review. Thank you for writing your review on the Park Regis City Centre. It is pleasing to read that you found the property to be an excellent location.
Your comments pertaining to the service is concerning and has been addressed with the team. We pride ourselves in trying to provide service that exceeds our guest expectations. It is disappointing that you did not experience this. For this I apologise.
Your comments regarding the excellent value for money that our parking represents is also appreciated. For this I thank you.
S L, once again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming your back when you next visit Sydney.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed here 1 night for business, didn't really have many expectations other than the hotel must have been of a certain standard for it to be on my employers list of hotels to stay at in Sydney. The lobby area is nice enough, staff efficient and attentive. It all went down hill from here. Upon entry to my corner room, I was greeted with a wall in my face, as the entry contained the equivalent of a hair pin turn. The bathroom - tiny, and looked as though it hadn't been replaced since the 1960's. The sleeping area was decent. The real kicker came at 2am when the fire alarm went off, not once but 6 times. After the building had been evacuated and everyone was filing back in, it appeared no one could turn the evacuation alarm off so for the next hour, it was all we heard. When checking out the next morning, the receptionist apologised profusely, to her credit. Park Regis, you've really lost me. Will be recommending to my employer to remove this as a preferred hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cutieb00tie

Dear cutieb00tie. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I apologise that we didn't meet your expectations during your stay.
I note with interest, your comments pertaining to the fire alarm. Like all buildings in the metropolitan area, we are governed by legal requirements whereby it is mandatory to have smoke alarms and other safety devices installed, in and around the property. This is for the wellbeing and safety of our team members and guests.
It is unfortunate the alarm was set off during the time of your stay. For this I apologise. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Your kind comments pertaining to the efficiency and attentiveness of my team are very much appreciated. For this I thank you.
Once again I apologise that you did not enjoy your stay and if I can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me.