“Affordable & Friendly”

Park Regis City Centre
Ranked #137 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We only stayed here for two nights but we experienced no issues whatsoever. Very good location, friendly staff and our room was clean. Nothing fancy, but considering the cheaper price it lived up to my expectations. I would stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear eg_313

Thank you for posting your feedback. Your positive comments pertaining to the friendliness of the team and the cleanliness of your room are very much appreciated.
We look forward to having you visit us again sometime in the foreseeable future.

Park Regis City Centre

Write a ReviewReviews (2,359)

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Good location, great staff, room was on the lower floor so we heard all the late night revellers carrying on, room was basic, bathroom very small. There was a smell in the corridor that smelt like an old pub hotel, it was a little off putting, but the room was fine. Wouldn't stay here again, would try another property.

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor to eliminate weekend revellers noise, it is pretty loud, didn't quiet down u...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Response Dear M K

Thank you for writing your review. Your positive comments with regards to the standard of the accommodation and the great staff are pleasing. I have passed these comments onto the relevant department heads.

Whilst I acknowledge your feedback with regards to smell of the corridor, I wish to advise the corridors are deodorised 3 times each day. I am therefore at a loss to explain the strange odour that was apparent during your stay. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Whilst you have indicated that you may not return, we hope that you change your mind, so that we may once again impress you with our friendly service.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I was staying here for 2 weeks for work. I didn't really make use of the hotel facilities as my business days were long, but the beds were super comfortable. The shower was competent and the room was tidy. If you're looking for somewhere easy to stay- and don't really care about the luxurious side of hotels then this hotel is perfect! Town hall train station is only 2 mins away so it's very easy to commute around Sydney. Pitt street mall, korea town and the Westfield shopping mall (has a great food court) is also only 3-5 mins walk away so it's super convenient for food.
I would stay here again!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank BlueLagoonBar4870
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Frequentflyer8590,

Thankyou for writing your review on Tripadvisor. Your positive assessment of the location and quality of the hotel are very much appreciated.
We look forward to being able to welcome you back when you next visit Sydney.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The only good thing about this place is the location, that’s it.
I booked in with a child and they put me on Park st- it was soooo noisy. I would have thought they would consider this and given us a less noisy room. Maybe there is no less noisy room....
The curtains in the rooms are smaller than the window so you can’t close them fully, personally I like to have the curtains drawn do I didn’t get the street lights all night but that wasn’t to be. The bed was sunken in the middle and lumpy. There is no restaurant or café within the hotel so you do have to go out to eat, you can’t even get ice.
They seriously need to revamp this place, the hallway stank and the curtains were stained badly. I had seen reviews about the size of the rooms but since I had a ‘premier’ room I thought it would be OK. It was small and the shower was so small a large person (I don’t mean height) would have to stand in the middle of the bathroom to shower – and the bathrooms aren’t that big.
A coat of paint would go a long way, the colours are old and outdated.
Use to stay here all the time years ago and I can see why I haven’t returned in a long time. Now if the prices reflected the condition of the place I would understand but my usual hotel is cheaper and so much better, won’t be returning.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear NTtravellerz. Thank you for posting your review.
Your comments pertaining to the noise during your stay and the condition of the curtains have been noted.
We have already completed the installation of double glazing on 3 floors and fortunately it is planned to install double glazing on the remaining floors over the coming months. In addition we are in the process of replacing curtains throughout the hotel.
As you state, you have stayed with us previously, I am therefore somewhat surprised that you did not realise that we do not have a restaurant or cafe in the hotel. This fact is also clearly stated on our website.
Having said that, the hotel is located in such a great position in the city that we are surrounded by a variety of restaurants that offer cuisine of any calibre and culture. As you are no doubt aware, we also offer a breakfast option in the Coffee Club which is located right next door to the hotel.
Your feedback is invaluable to us as without it, it becomes difficult for us to improve.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great location, close to everything we intended for our stay as well as parking on the premises was a huge plus. Huge bonus of being updated to a larger room when we arrived. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Marjoriebear.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
It appears as though you enjoyed your stay in Sydney. I am pleased the team from Park Regis City Centre was able to add to your enjoyment and provide you with a memorable stay.
We hope that we have the pleasure of making you welcome once again in the not so distant future.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 17 June 2014

If you are looking for convenience and good central location this is a great spot to stay. The hotel is old, but it's clean. The room was compact, but provided for my needs; bed, TV, tea & coffee, en-suite. This is a great spot to stay if you like to get out and about, it's walking distance to The Rocks, Circular Quay, Pitt Street Mall, Paddy's Markets, train stations. Our room was very near the elevator so that did create a bit of noise, but we slept fine. For price and location I would definitely stay there again, would not recommend it to people who want to laze about in luxury in their hotel room, it's definitely a base camp type o place.

Room Tip: Avoid being close to lifts
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Susan P

Dear Susan P.
Thank you posting your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Park Regis City Centre and that the hotel was able to provide you with the convenience and comfort that you were looking for.
We hope that we have the pleasure of making you feel welcome once again in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com