“Not a pleasant experience at all”

Park Regis City Centre
Ranked #137 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I booked this hotel having very low expectations, it was a lot cheaper than the other hotels around it. However, the reviews weren't bad and pictures didn't look terrible.
I should have used my better judgement and paid a bit more for a different hotel.
The staff were unfriendly and did not even greet you when you walked passed.
The corridors had a very musty smell.
The room was tiny.
They bathroom was tiny and there was no pressure or hot water in the shower.
The guests around us were bringing prostitutes into their rooms, and the rooms were not sound-proof at all.
Not to mention the tenants who were staying in the apartments within the hotel were so rude. I had a particularly bad run-in with one who shouted at us for using the wrong lift (as far as i can tell it is completely out of my control which lift arrives).
The only 2 positives of this hotel were the roof top deck which has an incredible view. And despite how cramped the bedrooms were they were clean at least.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle T
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Dear Michelle T

Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor. It is disappointing to read that your stay at Park Regis City Centre did not reach your expectations. For this I apologise.

I am available on e-mail gmprcc@parkregishotesl.com if you would like to discuss your concerns further. Please e-mail me your contact phone number in order to enable me to contact you.

Thank you once again for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Terry Dwyer

Write a ReviewReviews (2,354)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed at the Park Regis City Center on 4 or 5 occasions over many years and it certainly hasn't improved with age. The choice to stay here really just comes down to the location but the rooms are very small with borderline ridiculous showers (even the 'recommended' warm up time isn't enough meaning it can take up to ten minutes of running water before you can shower).
Also, be prepared for a LOT of street noise and cool night air due to poorly sealed windows.
One of the main attractions of the Park Regis is the rooftop pool and viewing platform but on my last visit the rooftop was closed for maintenance with no prior warning on their website, or any advice on check-in, which was a major disappointment.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the less street noise
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Allen H

Thank you for your review. Your constructive feedback is very important to us, as without this it becomes difficult for us to improve. For this I thank you.

Your comments with regards to street noise have been noted. We have already completed the installation of double glazing on 3 floors and fortunately it is planned to install double glazing on the remaining floors over the coming months.

With this in mind and the other changes that we have planned, we hope that we do have the pleasure of your company again when you next travel to Sydney.

General Manager.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here as it was cheap for Sydney. Had a room for $100/night, very standard small room, old bathroom, did not look like the pictures. Thought I had received a bargain as the pictures showed 4 star quality. Good location. Would not stay for holiday, but for conference attendence, then it is fine.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Hdawg88

Thank you for posting your feedback. Park Regis City Centre as the name suggests, is all about location and its proximity to all of Sydney’s major tourist attractions, shopping precincts and restaurants.

We offer clean comfortable accommodation that is seen as being value for money in the heart of the city.

We hope that we have the privilege of having you stay with us when you next visit Sydney.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We found the hotel to be clean & comfortable. The beds were great but the pillows were super flat (even with two I felt like I was sleeping without one). The room was a little cold and the pre-set heating didn't seem to even take the chill off the air. The location was fantastic, a short stroll to the Pitt St Mall and trains, buses & taxis right outside the door.
The price was right and the staff were very efficient. The service was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kim C

Thank you for writing your review on the Park Regis City Centre. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the location of the property central.

Your comments pertaining to the friendliness of the team are also encouraging. We pride ourselves in trying to provide service that exceeds our guest expectations. Thank you for acknowledging this.

Your comments pertaining to the comfort and maintenance of the room are also pleasing. I have passed this feedback onto housekeeping and maintenance teams as it is this positive feedback like yours that will only help us improve at what we do. For this I thank you.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming your back when you next visit Sydney.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Being in the hospitality business for 20 years and get to stay in deluxe 5 stars to guest houses , I can say of the Park Regis it is a Central City Gem.Very close to taxi rank ( across the road ) , trains next door, shopping and quality eateries and fresh food and juice outlets 50 mtrs aways.If into fitness 500 mtres to Sydney Aquatic Centre / Gym. The front office staff very friendly and efficient and HK staff and HK Manager excellent and efficient. And if into coffee a Coffee Club next door and Gloria Jeans 20 mtres to the right.

I had a suite. Clean with everything you need. An array of TV channels , internet yes but used my own 4G. The room has been refurbished as with the front office area. Bathroom and lounge area also very good all clean with all cuttlery and plates so no calling HK to send a bowl or plate to the room.

Bathroom was basic but had what you needed and was clean and all re-tiled. So in good condition.

The rooms also had air conditioning

No noise however, I was on the 11th floor.

Would I stay again ? Yes. Well trained staff which means a quality GM.

Solid 3 star and value for money at the 3 star level.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stuart M

Dear Stuart M

Thank you for writing your review on the Park Regis City Centre. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the hotel conveniently located for your visit to Sydney.

Your comments pertaining to the friendliness of the team are also encouraging. We pride ourselves in trying to provide a home away from home for our guests and making them feel welcome. Thank you for acknowledging this.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I often stay in the Sydney CBD area and I like to try different places.

I would not recommend this place given the options in the area.

The rooms and hallways were freezing. They had left the windows open in my room upon check in. I got a portable heater from the front desk, but it still wasn't enough. I had to sleep with jeans, a hoody and socks.

The toilet straddled the sink, literally.

The WiFi was a paid 3rd party service and was really spotty.

Lots of noise from the street. The windows are really old don't block out sound.

Otherwise the furnishings were a bit old and outdated. There are better options out there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Travab.
Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor. It is disappointing to read that your anticipated stay at Park Regis City Centre did not reach your expectations. For this I apologise.
I am available on e-mail gmprcc@parkregishotesl.com if you would like to discuss your issues further. Thank you once again for bringing your concerns to our attention.
Yours sincerely
Terry Dwyer General Manager.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We only stayed here for two nights but we experienced no issues whatsoever. Very good location, friendly staff and our room was clean. Nothing fancy, but considering the cheaper price it lived up to my expectations. I would stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear eg_313

Thank you for posting your feedback. Your positive comments pertaining to the friendliness of the team and the cleanliness of your room are very much appreciated.
We look forward to having you visit us again sometime in the foreseeable future.

Park Regis City Centre