“Walking distance to Darling Harbour”

Park Regis City Centre
Ranked #121 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
“Walking distance to Darling Harbour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stay at Park Regis Sydney for 1 night before heading to New Zealand.It was a small hotel with a small room for 3 of us but the hotel is convenient for muslim traveller as there is a halal kebab restaurant opposite the hotel and also Woolsworth supermarket is just nearby.There is a Coffee Club beside the hotel that provide free wifi.The staff is quite friendly and helpful.It is also a walking distance from Darling Harbour.Overall it is suitable hotel single traveller or couple for a short stay in Sydney.

• Stayed July 2014
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Dear Milla
Thank you for writing your review on the Park Regis City Centre. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the location of the property excellent. Having shops such as Woolworths and a halal kebab restaurant nearby are one of the major advantages of staying at the property.
Your comments pertaining to the friendliness of the team are also encouraging. We pride ourselves in trying to provide service that exceeds our guest expectations. Thank you for acknowledging this.
Once again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming your back when you next visit Sydney.
Terry Dwyer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Amsterdam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

After four weeks on a cruise we arrived back in Sydney and want to stay one more night. The Regis Htoel was booked thru our Travelagent in Holland. The hotel is in the city centre and was within easy reach from de cruise Terminial.
However, it was a disappointment in many ways. Upon arrival the staff worked like robots, no answer. After cgeckin we took the lift, which was small and not really clean.
The room was a big enough and was clean. the bathroom was hardly big enough to stand in (I'm only 66kg, slim and 183 tall). The bed was big enough and of a reasonable quality.
as we booked "breakfast inclusive" we were expecting a simple breakfast, but not a box with an orange juise and just some cerials.

After some discussion it turned out, that is was possible with payment of an additional fee of Aus$ 10,- per person to have breakfast in the adjacent Coffee Shop. This breakfast was excellent and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
As our flight was not until the end of the afternoonand had to check-out from the room, we could, for a fee (per suitcase/handluggage item) leave our luggage in the hotel. This is the first time we have to pay for this service. And we have travelled in many parts of the world. All in all certainly not a hotel to recommend. And at elast the management should train its staff to be at least "friendly"

Room Tip: Take another hotel, there must be better hotels. I have advised my travelagent / cruise operator not...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Frederik1947
Dear Frederik1947
Thank you for writing your review on the Park Regis City Centre. It is disappointing to read you’re your stay with us, did not reach your expectations.

Your comments pertaining to the service and lack of friendliness of the team is concerning and has been addressed with the team. We pride ourselves in trying to provide service that exceeds our guest expectations. It is disappointing that on the occasion of your visit, you did not experience this. For this I apologise.

Your feedback regarding the excellent breakfast and the friendly service by the breakfast team are appreciated. For this I thank you.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, as without it, it becomes difficult for us to improve.

Terry Dwyer

Travellers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had read all the average reviews but this property ticked all the boxes for me, with only a few minus points. As a regular business traveller I know what I need for a comfortable stay and I was surprised at how comfortable and remarkably good value this hotel proved to be. For just over one hundred dollars per night in an absolute premium location (a special offer) I didn't expect much but I would stay here again any time if the price is right.

The location is very handy, with a Coffee Club and a Subway next door, McDonalds, a Lebanese cafe and taxi rank across the road, and Woolworths, a bottle shop and train station on the next block. There's no wasting time attending to necessities.

My initial telephone contact was pleasant and efficient and reception and check in was the same. My "express" room (which may have been upgraded - not sure) was cleverly compact and had all I needed without feeling compromised in any way. It was lovely.

The plaque in reception said the hotel was established in the sixties but my room was fresh, modern and well equipped, with nothing missing except a wine glass and fresh milk. Mirrors helped it seem like it was larger, and as a single traveller, it was totally satisfactory. It had all the comfort factors, which for me include hairdryer, ironing board, bathroom hook & shelf, face washer, adjustable air conditioning, windows that open, internal secure door latch, plenty of milk sachets, proper hangers, desk, remarkably quiet, good bed, linen & pillows, alarm clock, big tv, bedside lamp, hot water, room service.

Yes, the shower is very tiny but delivered plenty of hot water and you will need to be careful that you don't knock the tap with your elbow. Shower caps are provided.

The minuses? There are two significant steps to negotiate from reception to the lifts. Not a problem for many, but as someone with a disability and with a ridiculously heavy bag, it did cause me pain. Yes, I could have asked for assistance, but reception was busy and I didn't want to impose. Perhaps they could make an offer to assist at the point of check in - that would be ideal.

Also, I am always dismayed to find that the windows in some hotel rooms are not locked, especially when there are ledges outside accessible from other rooms. This was the case here so it is a reminder to check this immediately especially if you are travelling alone. The curtains did not quite cover the windows but this didn't really bother me as I needed to leave early.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor away from the street to avoid street noise. That's a no brainer.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear zappagirl

Thank you for the taking the time to write your review. Your comments pertaining to the location and quality of the accommodation are appreciated. It is pleasing to hear that you found your room comfortable.

I was also please to read your positive comments pertaining to the friendliness of the team. We pride ourselves with offering our guests a home away from home. This comes from a positive staff “can do” attitude. For this I thank you.

Your comments pertaining to the step from reception to the lifts and the windows that can be opened have been noted.

It is constructive feedback like yours that helps us improve the quality of stay for our future guests.
We look forward to being able to welcome you back when you next visit Sydney.

General Manager.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I booked this hotel having very low expectations, it was a lot cheaper than the other hotels around it. However, the reviews weren't bad and pictures didn't look terrible.
I should have used my better judgement and paid a bit more for a different hotel.
The staff were unfriendly and did not even greet you when you walked passed.
The corridors had a very musty smell.
The room was tiny.
They bathroom was tiny and there was no pressure or hot water in the shower.
The guests around us were bringing prostitutes into their rooms, and the rooms were not sound-proof at all.
Not to mention the tenants who were staying in the apartments within the hotel were so rude. I had a particularly bad run-in with one who shouted at us for using the wrong lift (as far as i can tell it is completely out of my control which lift arrives).
The only 2 positives of this hotel were the roof top deck which has an incredible view. And despite how cramped the bedrooms were they were clean at least.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle T
Dear Michelle T

Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor. It is disappointing to read that your stay at Park Regis City Centre did not reach your expectations. For this I apologise.

I am available on e-mail gmprcc@parkregishotesl.com if you would like to discuss your concerns further. Please e-mail me your contact phone number in order to enable me to contact you.

Thank you once again for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed at the Park Regis City Center on 4 or 5 occasions over many years and it certainly hasn't improved with age. The choice to stay here really just comes down to the location but the rooms are very small with borderline ridiculous showers (even the 'recommended' warm up time isn't enough meaning it can take up to ten minutes of running water before you can shower).
Also, be prepared for a LOT of street noise and cool night air due to poorly sealed windows.
One of the main attractions of the Park Regis is the rooftop pool and viewing platform but on my last visit the rooftop was closed for maintenance with no prior warning on their website, or any advice on check-in, which was a major disappointment.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the less street noise
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Allen H

Thank you for your review. Your constructive feedback is very important to us, as without this it becomes difficult for us to improve. For this I thank you.

Your comments with regards to street noise have been noted. We have already completed the installation of double glazing on 3 floors and fortunately it is planned to install double glazing on the remaining floors over the coming months.

With this in mind and the other changes that we have planned, we hope that we do have the pleasure of your company again when you next travel to Sydney.

Yours sincerely
General Manager.
QLD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here as it was cheap for Sydney. Had a room for $100/night, very standard small room, old bathroom, did not look like the pictures. Thought I had received a bargain as the pictures showed 4 star quality. Good location. Would not stay for holiday, but for conference attendence, then it is fine.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Hdawg88

Thank you for posting your feedback. Park Regis City Centre as the name suggests, is all about location and its proximity to all of Sydney’s major tourist attractions, shopping precincts and restaurants.

We offer clean comfortable accommodation that is seen as being value for money in the heart of the city.

We hope that we have the privilege of having you stay with us when you next visit Sydney.
Medowie, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We found the hotel to be clean & comfortable. The beds were great but the pillows were super flat (even with two I felt like I was sleeping without one). The room was a little cold and the pre-set heating didn't seem to even take the chill off the air. The location was fantastic, a short stroll to the Pitt St Mall and trains, buses & taxis right outside the door.
The price was right and the staff were very efficient. The service was excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kim C

Thank you for writing your review on the Park Regis City Centre. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the location of the property central.

Your comments pertaining to the comfort and maintenance of the room are also pleasing. I have passed this feedback onto housekeeping and maintenance teams as it is this positive feedback like yours that will only help us improve at what we do. For this I thank you.