“Location, value, comfort”

Ranked #123 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
“Location, value, comfort”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Sydney's Park Regis is part of a NSW Heritage listed building. Built in 1968 of concrete construction this tower building has prime position in Sydney which means complete sound proofing and central location.
The hotel team are accommodating, the rooms are super quiet, clean, pleasant and in the middle of the city. This hotel is well managed, comfortable, close to transport, Woollies Town Hall for supplies, Hyde Park for space and every facility Australia's primary city has to offer. It can't be recommended too highly. On top of which, if you are driving, parking is available for only $40 per 24 hrs at hotel rates where otherwise 1 hour's parking costs $40! This a THE best place to stay when in Sydney.

Room Tip: look at booking sites for best rates - Park Regis has a really responsive bookings coordinator who w...
1 Thank Amanda G
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
Dear Amanda G.

Thank you for the taking the time to write your review.

Your comments pertaining to the location and quality of the accommodation are appreciated. It is pleasing to read that you found your room comfortable.

I was also please to read your positive comments pertaining to the friendliness of the team. We pride ourselves with offering our guests a home away from home. This comes from a positive staff “can do” attitude. For this I thank you.

It is constructive feedback like yours that helps us improve the quality of stay for our future guests.
We look forward to being able to welcome you back when you next visit Sydney.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Haacht, Belgium
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel couldn't be better, right in the centre of Sydney.
Front desk staff are very friendly and everything is clean.
However, the hotel seems somewhat outdated, which is visible in the corridors, elevators and rooms. Rooms are rather small, bathrooms extremely small.
In our room, the airco grill was hanging loose from the ceiling and felt like it could fall off at any moment. It's strange no one notices this and repairs it.
Furthermore, they charge ridiculously high prices for wifi. This seems to be a general problem in Australia though.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Dear Johan_smeets

Thank you posting your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Park Regis City Centre, and that the hotel was able to provide you with the convenience and comfort that you were looking for.
Your comment pertaining to the air conditioning grill has been passed on to the maintenance team. You are quite correct, there is no excuse for this oversight. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Once again, thankyou for your feedback, and we hope that we may have the pleasure of making you feel welcome once again in the not so distant future.

Bundanoon, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Good:
Location.
In the centre of Sydney CBD, only a short walk from railway stations, bus stops, restaurants and shopping;
Rooftop.
Spectacular 360 degree views of Sydney from the 42nd floor rooftop, where there is also a swimming pool. Would have been even better in fine weather;
Cleanliness.
Our room, although tiny, was at least spotlessly clean, as was the bathroom. But when a queen-sized bed is in such a small room there is precious little room to move around;
Bed
Our queen-sized bed was comfortable, with quality bed linen, pillows and quilts/duvets.
Staff
Generally pleasant and helpful.

Bad:
Internet
In the distant past hoteliers charged extra for in-room TV, then they charged extra for colour TV. Now the latest "extra" is internet access. How long is it going to take before they realise that the internet is an essential part of everyday life for most people, rather than an optional luxury? While I appreciate that there are always going to be some guests who will abuse the privilege of free, unlimited internet, there must be a better option than the swingeing rates charged by this property: 1 hour - $7.50 – 250Mb, 2 hour - $12.95 – 500Mb,24 hour - $16.50 – 1.5Gb.
Room size.
I have already commented on the tiny rooms in this property. Also, there was no space or cabinet in the bathroom to keep toiletries, and so on. However, contrary to what others have said, we found the hot water just fine.
TV.
I reported bad pixellation on the in-room TV, but we were there for four nights and it was never fixed.

Finally, it was good to be able to open a window and enjoy fresh air - and the noise was not really a problem.

Given the promotional rate we paid, we would consider staying there again.

1 Thank OutbackOz-NoWorries
Dear OutbackOz-NoWorries.

Thank you for writing your review. Your positive comments with regards to the cleanliness of the accommodation and the pleasant and friendly service offered by the team are pleasing. I have passed these comments onto the relevant department heads, so that they, in turn, can pass on this positive feedback to their teams.

Your comments pertaining to the cost of the WIfi have been noted. We are currently looking at our options in this regard. Thank you for this constructive feedback.

I note with interest your comments pertaining to the pixilation of the TV. This is quite disappointing, and for this I apologise.

Thankyou for your review and we hope that we have the pleasure of making you feel welcome, when you next return to Sydney.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stay at Park Regis Sydney for 1 night before heading to New Zealand.It was a small hotel with a small room for 3 of us but the hotel is convenient for muslim traveller as there is a halal kebab restaurant opposite the hotel and also Woolsworth supermarket is just nearby.There is a Coffee Club beside the hotel that provide free wifi.The staff is quite friendly and helpful.It is also a walking distance from Darling Harbour.Overall it is suitable hotel single traveller or couple for a short stay in Sydney.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Milla
Thank you for writing your review on the Park Regis City Centre. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the location of the property excellent. Having shops such as Woolworths and a halal kebab restaurant nearby are one of the major advantages of staying at the property.
Your comments pertaining to the friendliness of the team are also encouraging. We pride ourselves in trying to provide service that exceeds our guest expectations. Thank you for acknowledging this.
Once again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming your back when you next visit Sydney.
Amsterdam
Reviewed 8 August 2014

After four weeks on a cruise we arrived back in Sydney and want to stay one more night. The Regis Htoel was booked thru our Travelagent in Holland. The hotel is in the city centre and was within easy reach from de cruise Terminial.
However, it was a disappointment in many ways. Upon arrival the staff worked like robots, no answer. After cgeckin we took the lift, which was small and not really clean.
The room was a big enough and was clean. the bathroom was hardly big enough to stand in (I'm only 66kg, slim and 183 tall). The bed was big enough and of a reasonable quality.
as we booked "breakfast inclusive" we were expecting a simple breakfast, but not a box with an orange juise and just some cerials.

After some discussion it turned out, that is was possible with payment of an additional fee of Aus$ 10,- per person to have breakfast in the adjacent Coffee Shop. This breakfast was excellent and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
As our flight was not until the end of the afternoonand had to check-out from the room, we could, for a fee (per suitcase/handluggage item) leave our luggage in the hotel. This is the first time we have to pay for this service. And we have travelled in many parts of the world. All in all certainly not a hotel to recommend. And at elast the management should train its staff to be at least "friendly"

Room Tip: Take another hotel, there must be better hotels. I have advised my travelagent / cruise operator not...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Frederik1947
Dear Frederik1947
Thank you for writing your review on the Park Regis City Centre. It is disappointing to read you’re your stay with us, did not reach your expectations.

Your comments pertaining to the service and lack of friendliness of the team is concerning and has been addressed with the team. We pride ourselves in trying to provide service that exceeds our guest expectations. It is disappointing that on the occasion of your visit, you did not experience this. For this I apologise.

Your feedback regarding the excellent breakfast and the friendly service by the breakfast team are appreciated. For this I thank you.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, as without it, it becomes difficult for us to improve.

Terry Dwyer

Travellers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Brisbane
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had read all the average reviews but this property ticked all the boxes for me, with only a few minus points. As a regular business traveller I know what I need for a comfortable stay and I was surprised at how comfortable and remarkably good value this hotel proved to be. For just over one hundred dollars per night in an absolute premium location (a special offer) I didn't expect much but I would stay here again any time if the price is right.

The location is very handy, with a Coffee Club and a Subway next door, McDonalds, a Lebanese cafe and taxi rank across the road, and Woolworths, a bottle shop and train station on the next block. There's no wasting time attending to necessities.

My initial telephone contact was pleasant and efficient and reception and check in was the same. My "express" room (which may have been upgraded - not sure) was cleverly compact and had all I needed without feeling compromised in any way. It was lovely.

The plaque in reception said the hotel was established in the sixties but my room was fresh, modern and well equipped, with nothing missing except a wine glass and fresh milk. Mirrors helped it seem like it was larger, and as a single traveller, it was totally satisfactory. It had all the comfort factors, which for me include hairdryer, ironing board, bathroom hook & shelf, face washer, adjustable air conditioning, windows that open, internal secure door latch, plenty of milk sachets, proper hangers, desk, remarkably quiet, good bed, linen & pillows, alarm clock, big tv, bedside lamp, hot water, room service.

Yes, the shower is very tiny but delivered plenty of hot water and you will need to be careful that you don't knock the tap with your elbow. Shower caps are provided.

The minuses? There are two significant steps to negotiate from reception to the lifts. Not a problem for many, but as someone with a disability and with a ridiculously heavy bag, it did cause me pain. Yes, I could have asked for assistance, but reception was busy and I didn't want to impose. Perhaps they could make an offer to assist at the point of check in - that would be ideal.

Also, I am always dismayed to find that the windows in some hotel rooms are not locked, especially when there are ledges outside accessible from other rooms. This was the case here so it is a reminder to check this immediately especially if you are travelling alone. The curtains did not quite cover the windows but this didn't really bother me as I needed to leave early.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor away from the street to avoid street noise. That's a no brainer.
Dear zappagirl

Thank you for the taking the time to write your review. Your comments pertaining to the location and quality of the accommodation are appreciated. It is pleasing to hear that you found your room comfortable.

Your comments pertaining to the step from reception to the lifts and the windows that can be opened have been noted.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back when you next visit Sydney.

General Manager.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I booked this hotel having very low expectations, it was a lot cheaper than the other hotels around it. However, the reviews weren't bad and pictures didn't look terrible.
I should have used my better judgement and paid a bit more for a different hotel.
The staff were unfriendly and did not even greet you when you walked passed.
The corridors had a very musty smell.
The room was tiny.
They bathroom was tiny and there was no pressure or hot water in the shower.
The guests around us were bringing prostitutes into their rooms, and the rooms were not sound-proof at all.
Not to mention the tenants who were staying in the apartments within the hotel were so rude. I had a particularly bad run-in with one who shouted at us for using the wrong lift (as far as i can tell it is completely out of my control which lift arrives).
The only 2 positives of this hotel were the roof top deck which has an incredible view. And despite how cramped the bedrooms were they were clean at least.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle T
Dear Michelle T

Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor. It is disappointing to read that your stay at Park Regis City Centre did not reach your expectations. For this I apologise.

I am available on e-mail gmprcc@parkregishotesl.com if you would like to discuss your concerns further. Please e-mail me your contact phone number in order to enable me to contact you.

Thank you once again for bringing your concerns to our attention.