“Bad choice...”

Quay West Suites Sydney
Ranked #20 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed there after our trip to New Zealand, so the standards of politeness, service and hospitality were admittedly high. However, some objective facts are beyond taste, opinion and high expectations. Just after arriving -last day of honeymoon- the visit started with a cockroach in the bathroom coming from the shower ceiling. No further comments are needed. However, the manager was very kind and the following day gave us another room (with fruits and water). Bad things happen and the most important is how people deal with them. The main reason I am submitting such a bad score is the unbelievably rude and inefficient concierge. When guests were carrying luggage, he pretended he was looking somewhere else to avoid helping them -I noticed this didn't happen only with us-. We also asked him the simple task of booking us the shuttle bus to the airport. Epic fail. When we realised the bus was not coming -as he never submitted our request although we asked three times and were given the booking receipt- we kindly asked him to call and take care of the situation. Apparently he could not; he did not care at all and was passing the driver to my husband, as if we were responsible for the communication and everything. In the end we asked for a taxi, but this person should really not be the first and last image guests have from this hotel.
Breakfast was fine, location great, room view amazing and the girls at the reception very kind. All in all, the hotel needs renovation and knowledgeable and kind people to welcome guests.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VB1284
Hagen W, General Manager at Quay West Suites Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you VB1284 for your review, and I must say, this feedback regarding our Concierge team is highly unusual and out of character for our team. If you can please take the time to provide your name and details to my email address H8764-GM@accor.com so that I can best follow this up and investigate further. I do hope that you had an enjoyable honeymoon in NZ, and that we will have the opportunity to host you again in the future. I hope to hear from you soon, Joleen.

There are newer reviews for Quay West Suites Sydney

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Quay West turned out to be a great option for us during our trip to Australia. The rooms are really like small condos with kitchens and washers and dryers. The harbor view rooms have truly spectacular views of the harbor bridge as well as the opera house. We've stayed twice at Quay West and will be staying two more times on our upcoming trip. The convenience of the laundry and kitchen make the rooms a great pick for keeping costs down but the hotel's location close to The Rocks area make for quick walks to interesting restaurants and the ferries at the harbor. If you want to walk into Sydney downtown it's a quick walk as well.

Room Tip: Harbor view rooms are worth the extra dollars.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vickie S

Thank you 'Vickie S' for your review, it sounds like you had a wonderful stay here with us in Sydney! I hope that we will welcome you back again on your next visit to Sydney, Joleen.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Can't go wrong here, good rooms, staff and location.
Don't expect true 5 star room fittings but they are perfectly acceptable and well equipped apartments.
Only a 5 minute walk to Circular Quay, train station, ferry terminals etc.
Honoured my Accor Platinum status with a room upgrade etc.

Room Tip: Harbour and bridge view rooms are worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicholas S

Thank you 'Nicholas S' for your review, and I am pleased to hear that as a loyal member of Accor, you truly enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future, Joleen.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My family of 5 stayed in the 2-bedroom apartment. We were so amazed by the beautiful night view of the the harbour bridge and the opera house when we first stepped into the apartment. The next morning, we were again indulged in a fabulous dawn view of seeing sun rising from the coastline. You need not go to the Sydney Eye as you definitely get a better view here. The apartment was clean and spacious. We didn't have time to try the heated pool but it looks quite good. Checking in and out was effortless. Easy walk to the Rocks and many attractions. Only thing is that one of the bathrooms is quite small and the kitchen could be more well equiped. Overall a pleasant stay for us and good money spent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My family and I stayed in one apartment room and had the best view of the opera house on one side and the other the sydney harbour bridge. We loved the breakfast and the staff were friendly and very helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Madeline S
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Quay West Apartments are in the perfect location: The Rocks close to the Harbour. The apts are spotless with everything you need for your stay. The staff are friendly and obliging. This was my third stay and I will return.

Room Tip: 2 Bedroom Harbour View room is the one to stay in if you want to see the opera house & the bridg...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
JoleenH2000, General Manager at Quay West Suites Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thank you 'Ann R' for your review, and I do love your title! Thank you so much for your kind words, I do hope we welcome you back for the fourth time in the near future.

Kind regards,

Joleen Hurst

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stay here on a regular basis for business. It is very comfortable and the staff are always so pleasant and helpful. Breakfast and meals are great. It is also in a great location with great views of the harbour

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you 'SPortelli' for your review, and I do love the title! Thank you so much for your kind words, and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,