“Fantastic position and helpful staff”

Quay West Suites Sydney
Ranked #20 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 20 September 2010

This is an excellent place, easy to walk to the Rocks area and Circular Wharf. Not bad for town either. We had bed and breakfast and ate out in the Rocks area in the evening. Very comfortable rooms. We had a two bedroomed suite overlooking the harbour bridge and opera house. Yes I suppose it is a bit of a splash out but well worth it - especially after flying for several hours. The suites are very good with a small kitchen, washing facilities and the fantastic view day or night. Breakfast is on the mezzanine level with plenty of choice. The pool in indoors up on the 20 somethingth floor. It is not huge but there is a seating area there if you want to read your book whilst the child is swimming. The views from up there are brilliant and you can go out on a balcony to get some photos. The concierge is very helpful and leaving bags or finding advice is not a problem. We have stayed here about 4 time over the years and find it a super place to be.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Quay West Suites Sydney

Reviewed 8 September 2010

The hotel provides apartment styled rooms. Our party consisted of 3 boys ages 9-14 and 2 adults. The room had a master bedroom, a twin bedded room and a sofa bed. This comfortably accommodated us and provided adequate sleeping arrangements.

A large open "living area" is nice and useful. There was a small kitchen section, a dining table, and some sofas. To add to this area there was a spectacular view of Sydney Harbor. One is able to sit and feel "on top of the world ". This view undoubtedly was the best feature of the room.

You may question why my title is "Comfortably Dull" when the way I have described this room sounds adequate. The hotel lacks a factor which is what I always look for in hotels. An element of "Uniqueness". Everything is very standard. Although the room may be comfortably is far from unique with an element of character about it. The lobby is very plain and extremely boring. Apart from the view of Sydney Harbor you wouldn't be able to tell if you where you were.

The service was adequate but far from excellent. There was no feeling of warmth and I didn't feel at all "special". There was a breakfast restaurant which we never used.

In conclusion I felt the hotel was average and over rated. It didn't provide the most relaxed stay but did the job. Perhaps my disappointment is sparked due to the positive reviews I read before booking. If I returned to Sydney I would seek I hotel which conveys a feeling of uniqueness, is more boutique and provides a more relaxed stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank JamieMiller18
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Stayed for three nights with two teenage girls. The two bedroomed apartment is great and had everything we needed. One bedroom is en-suite and the girls had their own bathroom. The sitting room has a large dining room table and was very comfortable. Dined in two nights so used the kitchen which had everything we needed - except a corkscrew. Seemingly they keep being stolen! The only negative point was the charge for wifi. Nowadays why do some hotels need to charge such exhorbitant rates for wifi. Apart from that we had an amazing experience in Sydney and would certainly stay here again. The view was one of the highlights of my holiday. Breakfast nothing special but adequate.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank h0lidaygirlwiltshire
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Our corner suite on a high floor had great views of the city and partial harbor views even though we did not pay for a harbor view. In fact the pool area had such fantastic views available to all guests it is not necessary to pay 3 times as much for the harbor view rooms. Every afternoon we went up to the pool to watch the sun set over the opera bldg. and watch the guests of the Four Seasons frolic in their pool below the freeway. The rooms our extremely nice with renovated kitchens and washers & dryers. The bedroom had a very comfortable bed and the sofabed in the living room was not bad even after 4 nights. The location is excellent and public transportation is 1 block away. A very good wine shop is also close and the grocery store is about 2.5 blocks. We also took a day trip to the Blue Mtns arranged by the concierge that was very good.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank travelmystic
Reviewed 21 August 2010

My wife, 8 year old son and I stayed for 3 nights to see the sights. We stayed in a one bedroom city facing suite in the 18h floor that was perfect for our needs. The rooms were all spacious and the queen bed and the sofa bed were very comfortable.

We did not dine at the restaurant or order room service for our budget was small. We found the kitchen to provide all we needed. If you are looking to stock up on some grocery items there is a convenience store around the corner, but found that the Coles Express in the Wynyard Train Station (about 3 blockswalk) had a good range of all items we needed.

We did dine out one evening and can recommend the Italian Restaurant across the corner for good quality and good sized meals (Giovanni's)

We were very please over the whole experience of Quay West Suites.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Bin5150
Reviewed 21 August 2010

I was travelling with four colleagues and expected to be staying at The Westin. A member of our group changed our booking and I found myself at Quay West Suites.

My initial impression was low. It certainly isn't the lobby of The Westin. We arrived early and our rooms weren't ready yet. When we arrived back at the hotel a few hours later, room was ready and bags already in room.

My first impression of the room was Wow. The room was big. When staying four nights I really appreciated the extra space a suite offers. I liked being able to walk out of the bedroom and have a lounge with a full dining table. The kitchen was great, as was the bathoom (good shower!). Having the luxury of a kitchen and dining table meant that rather than subject myself to the breakfast buffet, I was able to have toast and fruit in my room every morning.

Overall I enjoyed my stay. Great location, good rooms, very friendly staff.

I would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank KiwiMum14
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Loads of space and well equipped, great location and fantastic breakfast included. Fabulous for a family. Gym could be better, but pool fab

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family