“Possibly the best front desk staff ever”

Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney
Ranked #43 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
United Kingdom
“Possibly the best front desk staff ever”
Reviewed 7 December 2009

The Radisson is not an imposing building with grand public rooms or sweeping staircases but has a certain charm in that the service from its mainly young staff is excellent. The rooms are large and adequate with (in my case) huge beds and a big flat panel TV, a fierce shower, fridge and plentiful cupboards / wardrobes makes a stay here pretty good and its close proximity to Darling Harbour with all that has to offer means you can be out of your suit and into your jeans drinking a pint of the golden stuff in no minutes flat. Breakfast was good a selection of most of what anyone with a normal appetite would need. The front desk staff were excellent, helping with a printer problem in the business centre, using thier own equipment to sort it out and even running up the road to chase a taxi on my behalf! Prices were reasonable for central Sydney and its location a bonus with all forms of transport nearby including the monorail (75 yards)

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
SLC, UT
Reviewed 3 December 2009

We stayed at this property the last night of our trip and if I had known how great it would be I would have booked this for the entire stay! We had booked a studio room but were upgraded to a one bedroom, which had a kitchen, large bathroom, two TVs and a balcony. The property also had free internet in the room, which was a really nice treat after the high charges other properties had for this service. The closet was large and had plenty of hangers. It was simply an easy and comfortable experience, especially after staying at other properties that had fallen short of our expectations. The Radisson surpassed all that we anticipated and I would highly recommend it to other travelers. About 3ish blocks from the Town Hall train stop and one block off of vibrant George Street.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
melbourne
Reviewed 19 November 2009

My family and I stayed here for 5 nights while I attended a conference. We had a 2 bedroom apartment with a small balcony looking out onto nothing much. On opening the door of the apartment we looked onto scratched and dirty paintwork. The main bedroom held a Kingsize bed, the second bedroom just fitted 2 single beds. The 2 bathrooms were clean and pleasant. The toiletries were the smallest I have ever encountered in a hotel and given our stay over 5 days and frequent use of the pool, they really went nowhere. I had expected a laundry, but there was none to be found. The kitchen was reasonable but we could not get the oven to work. The apartment came with 3 spoons, 3 forks, 3 knives, 3 glasses etc etc but this was increased to a generous 5 of everything on request. There was no dishwasher which I was disappointed in. The couch in the siting room was pretty uncomfortable.

The swimming pool was very nice, the spa rather hot, but the gym is a bit of a waste of time with minimal equipment and oveused outside of work hours by residents of an adjacent building.

Apart from being a bit shabby, we had 2 major issues with the hotel, the first was their inability to control extremely nosiy guests in the apartment below us which kept us all awake until around 4am. They only left their balcony at that time to start arguing in the bedroom directly below us. Strangely, after calling and complaining around 4am, the front desk called me back about 20 minutes later (ie about 420 am) to tell me they had told the guests to be quiet. As there was only a phone in the living room, this woke my daughter who was sleeping there just ater I had finally got her off to sleep.

Secondly when we left the next day (ater a total of 2 hours sleep), I was unpleasantly suprised to find a charge of $50 per night added to the bill for a roll away bed my small daughter had slept on in the living room, in addition to the $30 per night parking and a couple of minibar charges we had not incurred. When I brought this up with the desk manager he could not have cared less and told me that I had no option other than to pay their charges. Apparently I was supposed to find this hotel good value at the equivalent of $380 per night or $1900 for 5 nights. Well I didn't and I complained to the conference organisers who booked my room. After 7 weeks of emailing, my complaint was answered in more or less the same way...the Radisson couldn't care less.

We won't be staying at another Radisson, as the experience has left me with a very bad taste. They really and truly couldn't have cared less.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank turtonfamily
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 15 November 2009

We stayed here for a couple of nights with some friends, in one of their 2 bedroom apartments. We were expecting an "ordinary"/"average" hotel. What we found, however, was a place with amazing staff who had great attitudes and were extraordinarily helpful.

We were attending a conference in Darling Harbour, and the hotel was only a block away. We could easily walk to and from the Radisson in our conference breaks. Town Hall and the Queen Vic Building were also very close by, and it was a fairly close walk to get into Pitt St Mall also.

If you want a good value hotel in the heart of Sydney, you can't go past the Radisson Hotel and Suites on Liverpool St.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Frade
Lake Tekapo, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 November 2009

A superb hotel, the staff are the best that I have seen. They really go out of their way to make sure your stay is excellent. Definitely recommended.

Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
Ireland
Reviewed 10 November 2009

Stayed at the Radisson apts for 5 nights in Oct. Hotel was nice with very spacious rooms. The location was excellent (right next to Darling harbour) and we found it good value for money. We did’nt use the breakfast option as we prefer to expore other local offerings which we found at a bar called the Tokio Hotel in Darling harbour which did excellent breakfast.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Dublin
Reviewed 5 November 2009

We stayed in the Radisson at the end of a five week trip to Australia.
After staying in the Mantra , Siebel and the Westin on our trip this was by far the best hotel for service . The staff are amazing , and a special thank you to Coleen Kenny I wish there was one of you in every hotel I stayed in .
The hotel itself is pleasant close to Chinatown and Darling Harbour , We had a one bedroom suite which was both comfortable and clean with all mod cons but I will definitely stay here again when I return to Sydney

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends