“Wonderful service, Clean rooms and the perfect location”

Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney
Ranked #43 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 9 January 2010

I stayed at the hotel for a week in December and will definitely be staying here on my next visit this year.
The entrance/lobby isn't much to shout about but it's nice and rather spacious considering the fact that the hotel isn't all that big as compared to the others.
I had arrived at 1130, way before the check in time and although i had requested for an early check in, i was not expecting it.
However, to my pleasant surprise i managed to check in within 15 minutes (thanks to the amazing staff) to a large and most importantly clean room!
No musty smells along the corridors or in the room and the room had a kitchen as i entered the doorway and the bathroom on the other side.
I usually have a habit of checking how clean hotel rooms are just so i wouldn't have to go through unpacking and then having to pack again when i discover insects/anything gross lurking in any corners etc.

Toliets were free from any smells,dirt,mould etc, linen clean,kitchen clean and no trace of dirt oh and i have to mention this!! There was entirely no food smells during my stay.
I think stale food smell is just disgusting especially in an enclosed A/C building so thank goodness!!

Space in the room was awesome and that space below the TV was perfect for dumping my shopping bags! Desk by the window was great for working on the whole night on my laptop although internet connection was rather slow so i ended up using the PCs in the business room - it's really not necessary to get internet connections in the room.

The monorail was right by my window and honestly the sound did not bother me!! It had the same effect as say...traffic a good distance away? The windows blocked out the sounds pretty much anyway.

I love having a balcony, great for smokers but i'm not but i had some friends who were and we just hung out there for a couple of hours so ♥s it!
Oh it was also really useful for deciding on what to wear since Sydney weather is so unpredictable! hot most days during summer but the occasional cooler rainy day.

It got rather noisy on one night where some people were getting really pissed drunk at the nearby pub and there was the usual shouting but it lasted for about an hour or so and it's just normal citylife and being smack in the middle of a city, one would not and should not expect silence. (oh i was on the 3rd floor so yeah maybe it would quieter higher up)

I also ♥ed how quiet it was in the hotel, housekeeping was always on time and the bed+ pillows were really comfy!
No bathtub but the toliet was great!! ladies would love the make up table which comes with a higher chair and a small wall mirror to zoom in on those pores and tweeze those brows!! I could spend hours in the loo!!

The staff were great!! They seemed as though they genuinely loved their job and it was such a delight conversing with them!!

I will be visiting Sydney again this year and will definitely be staying at the Radisson again!

Did i mention it had the perfect location for shopping as well and really close to Darling Harbour!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Cheskarina
Write a ReviewReviews (1,836)

Reviewed 18 December 2009

Arrived at this hotel around 11am and
had to wait for three hours for a vacant room.
The rooms are clean but there are only
8 floors so no views and the room they
gave us had the monorail approx. 20
metres away from our window.
Our room faced directly onto Liverpool
Street and just far too noisy as the windows
are not double glazed and impossible to
sleep at night.
They have a 100% customer satisfaction
guarantee so they changed our room but
we had to wait for six hours the next day
for them to do it. We had paid for our full
accommodation in advance and they always
tend to give you the worst rooms when you
do this as there is no refund!!!
Staff are not very helpful and certainly not
on the ball and probably need a good
wake up call.
The position is good as it is just a five
minute walk to Darling Harbour and
Chinatown.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2009

Very nice hotel, almost perfect experience. The suite is big, the bedroom is nice with a little balcony, the big main room with a kitchen, long corridor (actually the corridor was three times as long as it should be, probably because of some corner location of the room). Two flat screen TVs, one in the bedroom and a bigger one in the main room. The breakfast (for A$17) was nice.

Nice location, quite close to everything (OK, could be closer, but still good). Monorail stop at the next block. Lots of places to eat around.

I arrived at the morning and the room was not ready. I left my luggage in the reception, and when I came back around 1pm, the room was assigned and the luggage was already in the room.

The only problem I experienced was air conditioner. The first day I was in Sydney was extremely hot (+41C), and the air conditioner regulator knob did not rotate to any position lower than +24.5C (76F) which was too hot for me. It looked like there was some artificial restriction on the knob so that the guests could not set it to too low value and overspend hotel's electricity... I complained on the reception - twice, few hours after I was assigned the room and the next morning, to two different clerks on the reception, each time I was told that someone would take care of it and nothing was done (I doubt anyone was looking at it at all, my impression was that that was the hotel policy). The next day there was a cool change so it was no longer important, I just kept the balcony door ajar during the night.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2009

The Radisson is not an imposing building with grand public rooms or sweeping staircases but has a certain charm in that the service from its mainly young staff is excellent. The rooms are large and adequate with (in my case) huge beds and a big flat panel TV, a fierce shower, fridge and plentiful cupboards / wardrobes makes a stay here pretty good and its close proximity to Darling Harbour with all that has to offer means you can be out of your suit and into your jeans drinking a pint of the golden stuff in no minutes flat. Breakfast was good a selection of most of what anyone with a normal appetite would need. The front desk staff were excellent, helping with a printer problem in the business centre, using thier own equipment to sort it out and even running up the road to chase a taxi on my behalf! Prices were reasonable for central Sydney and its location a bonus with all forms of transport nearby including the monorail (75 yards)

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2009

We stayed at this property the last night of our trip and if I had known how great it would be I would have booked this for the entire stay! We had booked a studio room but were upgraded to a one bedroom, which had a kitchen, large bathroom, two TVs and a balcony. The property also had free internet in the room, which was a really nice treat after the high charges other properties had for this service. The closet was large and had plenty of hangers. It was simply an easy and comfortable experience, especially after staying at other properties that had fallen short of our expectations. The Radisson surpassed all that we anticipated and I would highly recommend it to other travelers. About 3ish blocks from the Town Hall train stop and one block off of vibrant George Street.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2009

My family and I stayed here for 5 nights while I attended a conference. We had a 2 bedroom apartment with a small balcony looking out onto nothing much. On opening the door of the apartment we looked onto scratched and dirty paintwork. The main bedroom held a Kingsize bed, the second bedroom just fitted 2 single beds. The 2 bathrooms were clean and pleasant. The toiletries were the smallest I have ever encountered in a hotel and given our stay over 5 days and frequent use of the pool, they really went nowhere. I had expected a laundry, but there was none to be found. The kitchen was reasonable but we could not get the oven to work. The apartment came with 3 spoons, 3 forks, 3 knives, 3 glasses etc etc but this was increased to a generous 5 of everything on request. There was no dishwasher which I was disappointed in. The couch in the siting room was pretty uncomfortable.

The swimming pool was very nice, the spa rather hot, but the gym is a bit of a waste of time with minimal equipment and oveused outside of work hours by residents of an adjacent building.

Apart from being a bit shabby, we had 2 major issues with the hotel, the first was their inability to control extremely nosiy guests in the apartment below us which kept us all awake until around 4am. They only left their balcony at that time to start arguing in the bedroom directly below us. Strangely, after calling and complaining around 4am, the front desk called me back about 20 minutes later (ie about 420 am) to tell me they had told the guests to be quiet. As there was only a phone in the living room, this woke my daughter who was sleeping there just ater I had finally got her off to sleep.

Secondly when we left the next day (ater a total of 2 hours sleep), I was unpleasantly suprised to find a charge of $50 per night added to the bill for a roll away bed my small daughter had slept on in the living room, in addition to the $30 per night parking and a couple of minibar charges we had not incurred. When I brought this up with the desk manager he could not have cared less and told me that I had no option other than to pay their charges. Apparently I was supposed to find this hotel good value at the equivalent of $380 per night or $1900 for 5 nights. Well I didn't and I complained to the conference organisers who booked my room. After 7 weeks of emailing, my complaint was answered in more or less the same way...the Radisson couldn't care less.

We won't be staying at another Radisson, as the experience has left me with a very bad taste. They really and truly couldn't have cared less.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank turtonfamily
Reviewed 15 November 2009

We stayed here for a couple of nights with some friends, in one of their 2 bedroom apartments. We were expecting an "ordinary"/"average" hotel. What we found, however, was a place with amazing staff who had great attitudes and were extraordinarily helpful.

We were attending a conference in Darling Harbour, and the hotel was only a block away. We could easily walk to and from the Radisson in our conference breaks. Town Hall and the Queen Vic Building were also very close by, and it was a fairly close walk to get into Pitt St Mall also.

If you want a good value hotel in the heart of Sydney, you can't go past the Radisson Hotel and Suites on Liverpool St.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business