5,317 results
All reviewscircular quaybusiness loungeatrium roombusiness classpremier roomopera housepillow menusteam roompitt streetexcellent hotelbusiness districtroom servicebusiness hotelconcierge staffwynyard stationbuffet breakfastan upgrade
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Once was Bank,and converted to a superb Hotel, situated in the middle of the city, within easy reach of sightseeing and restaunts. Service in the Hotel excellent, staff very helpful, and the very large beroom, with crisp white sheets, plus extremly clean.Just a fabulos hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a very quite bedroom
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidOMalley
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Very friendly and efficient staff, nice spacious rooms and bathrooms. Shower seperate to bath. Very comfortable beds and double blinds that darken the room completely for a good and long sleep. The hotel is only minutes away from Wynyard and you can walk through Hunter Arcade (during the day) to get to Pitt Street and find the hotel to your left.The only downside are the small windows. The rooms are quite dark and you look pretty much into other hotel windows. Other than that we recommend this hotel and would stay there again any time. Sometimes on Wotif as a secret deal and therefore at a fantastic price.

Room Tip: Try to get a Premier room or a larger Atrium room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank goodfoodfanOZ
Reviewed 30 August 2011

From the time you arrive you feel welcome, all the staff are exceptional in the job and seem to enjoy it. The rooms are largeer than most, modern, clean and comfortable, The quality of the meals is a step above many other places we have stayed at. We only spent 1 night there this trip but we know we will be back. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. If you want the best then you must stay here

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Thoroughly modern 5 Star hotel with old world charm. I don't usually like older buildings and older style but this hotel makes it work with old style look (amazing desk in business class rooms) along with up to the minute bathroom style and fittings. Reception area, huge lounge and bar and Bistro Fax are modern and very well presented.

Service was top class, I can't fault it - from the Concierge with helpful hints of how to get to places despite us knowing Sydney quite well, suggestions to take an umbrella in the evening, help with bags and genuine interest in us; through to the Chef and Staff at breakfast in Bistro Fax. I ordered omelet two mornings and they were prepared within minutes and delicious. I even swapped the pot of coffee for a latte (no problem at all). All the food was well presented and very yummy! Bar service in afternoons was excellent and the burgers (both chicken and beef special) were very filling with chips also. Check-in was so fast I can't even remember it. Check-out was by speedy card (I'd checked and preapproved the final costs via the TV link).

Pool, spa, steam-room were very much appreciated after a long day of shopping and walking about Sydney and Darling Harbour. My husband said it was the clearest, cleanest pool he has used in a hotel. The gym looked good and will be used on a future stay.

Like a previous reviewer I'd like to keep this all a secret but I can't so I will instead ask management to ensure these high standards remain - we have stayed in other good hotels and sadly seen the standards drop when staff become lax. Radisson Blu has very good staff - they are what make your business so good. I forgot to mention the cleaning staff - very friendly greetings and again, a very high standard. I asked for a cupboard door hinge repair if possible - it was done within minutes and with a smile.

I'm sounding like an advert but this is a genuine and somewhat surprising to me (I don't usually rate Sydney hotels highly) excellent for this hotel. Price is higher than some but excellent deals can be found both on the Radisson Blu and on last minute sites.

Room Tip: Business class rooms - we were on level 12 with a tiny balcony
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We stayed for two nights and from the moment we arrived we enjoyed our stay. The concierge and front reception staff were so polite and welcoming. The hotel services staff were friendly and efficient. The room was beautifully presented and quiet. It is very conveniently located within easy walking distance of the CBD as well as the Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business