5,310 results
All reviewscircular quaybusiness loungeatrium roombusiness classpremier roomopera housepillow menusteam roompitt streetexcellent hotelbusiness districtroom servicebusiness hotelconcierge staffwynyard stationbuffet breakfastan upgrade
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Anyone visiting or looking to stay at this hotel should definitely think twice. I stayed there for the first time on Saturday and booked my hotel through lastminute.com which I often do and normally go for a secret hotel.
Many of times that I has booked a secret hotel I ended up getting The Jameson Amora on Jamison St which has been fantastic, I have stayed there over 8 times this year and do not have a bad word to say.
Last week when booking a secret hotel I ended up getting the Radisson Blu which I thought great, looking forward to staying at a different hotel for once, boy was I WRONG.
I checked in and all was fine till I got to my room, firstly it was an outdated room that looked like it was designed in the 80's, secondly the fridge did not work, so they sent a technician up, so my afternoon was spent watching a technician figure out if I needed a new fridge.
I went back down to reception and paid an extra $95.00 for an upgrade as I knew the fridge was going to have to be replaced and did not want people walking in and out of my room.
Well my upgrade was in a smaller room and to top it off they charged my credit card $95.00 as well as taking the cash for the upgrade, so I was charged twice.
I bought this up with Georgina(front desk) there and she was not helpful at all, her from desk manager was thou.
They have since refunded the extra $95.00 that I paid but I was totally disgusted with the service and the way they handled everything.
I stay in hotels quite regularly because of my Job but I will never stay at another Radisson again, they did not even offer me a discount nor an apology.
I am totally disgusted in this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Giorgio J
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Giorgio J,

I understand that you have been in touch with my staff regarding the matters you have outlined above and I’m pleased to see you rebooked with us and coming back next month.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed overnight (Saturday evening function), would definitely stay again.

Completely impressed by the flawless & professional service provided; from the Concierge, Front Desk, Room Service, to the Restaurant staff. (coming from a Lover of great Customer Service).

Rooms were Clean. comfortable.

We stayed in a hotel style room, which gave the impression of space, perhaps from its rich stylings..

Everyone appeared efficient.

Completely impressed.

Thank you Radisson Blu staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear cle076076,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel in particular our staff members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Great location , excellent quality throughout hotel and staff are very pleasant and accommodating. Rooms were large and amenities were new and clean. Was located in a great part of Sydney, the room rate was priced well. Don't hesitate to book.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Daisylu2005,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel in particular our rooms and amenities.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

After much research and deliberation we chose the Radisson Blu Plaza and conclude that its a super choice for our short stay in the Sydney CBD for a Sunday and Monday night. We can’t be sure, but suspect that it may a bit quiet on the weekend as we noticed that many of the small kiosk style eateries which we found on the Monday are infact closed all weekend. The hotel is in the heart of the business district which is really busy in the week. Starting Monday there are some great lunch options over the road - look for the umbrellas in the open piazza in Pitt Street. These are casual, inexpensive and quick. Up the road is Chifley Place for shopping and eating, and famous Rockpool if you're into something more expensive. The Rocks market kicks off on the weekend and is not far away.

The hotel is convenient for trains from Martin Place, buses and Circular Quay ferries, and is about a 10 min walk from Circular Quay. The Sydney Opera House and The Rocks are about 15min away. Our room was very quiet for a city hotel. Even if it was a standard room it was very spacious and comfortable, ditto for the bathroom which is all clad in white marble. One possible negative was the soft mattress, but then we found all Australian mattresses to be too soft. This one was a bit of a "boat" and we have reported this back to the hotel so hopefully the mattress will be changed.

Free wifi Internet is available in the room (thankfully). We did not use the pool or gym but they looked good. The staff are efficient and warm, the chaps at the front entrance all look like models (!) and were friendly and always super helpful. Thank you, guys. Overall this was an excellet choice, good value for money by Sydney standards and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Dear Daisylu2005,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel in particular our location staff members

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Every single staff member was friendly, welcoming, professional and responsive.

Comfortable beds and pillows. A pillow menu was available.

Reasonable size rooms.

Large bathroom.

Separate shower and bath.

Robes provided.

newspapers provided.

Reasonable price for Sydney when we stayed

In the business district near Circular Key. Easy walk to the wharf, station and slightly longer walk to The rocks. Easy walk to the shopping district.

valet parking for $40. Easy and trouble free.

Umbrellas provided to guests when raining.

Newspapers provided.

There was some noise from the hallway. The sound proofing was great between rooms but not good through the door. Lots of door slamming and talking bothered us. However nothing woke us up whilst sleeping. Probably would not want to be sleeping during the day in this hotel.

Dear ThomasSmith876,