5,314 results
All reviewscircular quaybusiness loungeatrium roombusiness classpremier roomopera housepillow menusteam roompitt streetexcellent hotelbusiness districtroom servicebusiness hotelconcierge staffwynyard stationbuffet breakfastan upgrade
Reviewed 30 November 2013

the staff here are so helpful, we had our flight canceled and they were extremely helpful with fixing our accomadations. great location too!!
the hotel is beautiful and Victor rocks!!
we stayed at the Marriott the last part of our stay and it was a total disappointment

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear IllinoisBeau,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel in particular our location and Victor our Head Concierge.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay for my daughter's 14th birthday! We rented 2 rooms on the 12th floor. the hotel was at maximum capacity and we didn't feel it. The managers Adam and Oscar were wonderful and everyone was helpful and polite. The hotel was clean, buffet was delicious, the location was great (only minus was that we didn't have a nice view). We asked for an extra robe and it was up in 5 minutes. Bathrooms were fully renovated and wonderful. Beds were comfortable. What can I say, great value for money for a Sydney boutique hotel with great service! Well done.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Syldawg,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel in particular our duty managers Adam and Oscar. Unfortunately we are a no view hotel but as you found out we are close to all the sights and attractions.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a great hotel located in one of the most prime locations in Sydney. For me, the strip along Pitt Street between Circular Quay, where all the ferries launch, and the shopping along Pitt Street in the other direction is the best place to be in Sydney. Ever since the upgrades in shopping and dining venues were made in anticipation of the Olympic Games in Sydney, Circular Quay has become an even greater destination. Of course, the Opera House has always been a huge draw for photo opportunities, but now there are even more reasons to be near the Quay. The nearby historical area known as The Rocks is also chocked full of eateries, shops, taverns, and other tourists attractions. And this area is also just a couple minutes walk from the hotel.

Just past the Opera House is the Botanical Gardens, an area that is maybe the best place in the city for a walk, jog, or even a picnic. I never miss an opportunity to visit the gardens there for exercise, fresh air, and to be near the water.

The hotel's rooms are clean and spacious and there are a lot of channels on the TV. My WiFi signal was strong and reliable and the hotel staff is outstanding, friendly, and helpful. In fact, from the concierge to the front desk to the housekeeping staff I don't think you will find a friendlier and helpful staff anywhere, at any price! The bed was very comfortable too, but the room was a little cold. I couldn't find a way to change the temperature, but I never contacted anyone on the staff about it. I guess I wasn't in the room long enough to make that a priority.

My only two criticisms of the property include the hotel gym and restaurant. The gym is very small and not very well equipped for a anyone serious about exercise. There are several treadmills and a strange and limited multi-station machine that really does not allow much of a full body workout. And why would you need treadmills in such a beautiful city, with the Botanical Gardens so close by? As for the restaurant, I can't judge the food because I did not eat there. But I still criticize it because it is prohibitively expensive. In my several days there I never saw more than a few people in the restaurant, which was no surprise. There are too many other options outside the hotel that are a much better bargain. I have never understood this pricing concept. I would think great volume at more reasonable prices would be a better strategy.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear manu204,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel in particular our location and rooms.

Please be assured that we do take everyones comments seriously. We have a recently re-vamped our dinner and lunch options for the hotel to $35 for Two Course Dinner and a $39.95 Two Course Lunch including a glass of wine. My apologies as this was not effectively communicated to you. You are right our gym is small and we recently updated our equipment unfortunately with the size of the gym it does limit to the amount of equipment we have available. But we do have a limited offer available for guests with free passes to Fitness First across the road from the hotel. This is a trial at the moment with a more permanent solution to be put in place in 2014.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel included a lovely example of amazing customer service. With special thanks to "Oscar" the Head of Customer Service, who very thoughtfullly and graciously lent my darling husband, his personal set of cufflinks when we had forgotten to pack a set. When we made this request at the front desk during a very busy time, "Oscar" promptly offered his cufflinks and hand delivered them to us. A small gesture, but a lasting one. The hotel has all the qualities you'd expect from one of this standard, but this experience made it something special and memorable, and we would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear scb13,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel in particular our service and found Oscar particular helpful, dubbing him now the 'Head of Customer Service' which i'm sure he will be chuffed with, he certainly adds a lot of character to the hotel and looks after every guest attentive and is a true asset to the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Anyone visiting or looking to stay at this hotel should definitely think twice. I stayed there for the first time on Saturday and booked my hotel through lastminute.com which I often do and normally go for a secret hotel.
Many of times that I has booked a secret hotel I ended up getting The Jameson Amora on Jamison St which has been fantastic, I have stayed there over 8 times this year and do not have a bad word to say.
Last week when booking a secret hotel I ended up getting the Radisson Blu which I thought great, looking forward to staying at a different hotel for once, boy was I WRONG.
I checked in and all was fine till I got to my room, firstly it was an outdated room that looked like it was designed in the 80's, secondly the fridge did not work, so they sent a technician up, so my afternoon was spent watching a technician figure out if I needed a new fridge.
I went back down to reception and paid an extra $95.00 for an upgrade as I knew the fridge was going to have to be replaced and did not want people walking in and out of my room.
Well my upgrade was in a smaller room and to top it off they charged my credit card $95.00 as well as taking the cash for the upgrade, so I was charged twice.
I bought this up with Georgina(front desk) there and she was not helpful at all, her from desk manager was thou.
They have since refunded the extra $95.00 that I paid but I was totally disgusted with the service and the way they handled everything.
I stay in hotels quite regularly because of my Job but I will never stay at another Radisson again, they did not even offer me a discount nor an apology.
I am totally disgusted in this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Giorgio J
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Giorgio J,

I understand that you have been in touch with my staff regarding the matters you have outlined above and I’m pleased to see you rebooked with us and coming back next month.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.