5,305 results
All reviewscircular quaybusiness loungeatrium roombusiness classpremier roomopera housepillow menusteam roompitt streetexcellent hotelbusiness districtroom servicebusiness hotelconcierge staffwynyard stationbuffet breakfastan upgrade
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Had a three night stay after a cruise.
Chose hotel for its central location.
Allowed to check in early and check out late - wonderful.

Every member of staff was helpful, breakfast service excellent and the one evening we had dinner in the hotel, quality of food and service was tremendous

Would recommend to anyone cruising, the early check in allowed us to enjoy the first day without worrying about bags and any valuables.

Radisson Blu Sydney - pure quality

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Inths
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Inths,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel in particular our quality and staff members

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Everything about this hotels facilities location staff and services was great. I was lucky to get a free upgrade and had a very spacious corner suite room which was as large as many apartments.

Staff were always on hand and ready to assist even though the hotel was quite busy.

My only issue was the ridiculous surcharge on credit cards at checkout of 1.8%. Why hotels have annoying policies like this which only serve to irritate guests is beyond me. How else does a hotel expect customers to settle bills.

This is a 5* property with associated pricing and this ridiculous surcharge which happens at the last point of interaction with the customer is ludicrous.

Radisson - either scrap this charge or include it in your upfront room rates...written as a loyal radisson club Carlson member for many years

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank journeyman29

Dear journeyman29,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel and upgrade that was available to you.

I've passed on your comments regarding credit card surcharge and it's obvious we haven't effectively communicated this to you during booking and check-in. I can assure you that it is an industry standard here in Australia.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

the staff here are so helpful, we had our flight canceled and they were extremely helpful with fixing our accomadations. great location too!!
the hotel is beautiful and Victor rocks!!
we stayed at the Marriott the last part of our stay and it was a total disappointment

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear IllinoisBeau,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel in particular our location and Victor our Head Concierge.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay for my daughter's 14th birthday! We rented 2 rooms on the 12th floor. the hotel was at maximum capacity and we didn't feel it. The managers Adam and Oscar were wonderful and everyone was helpful and polite. The hotel was clean, buffet was delicious, the location was great (only minus was that we didn't have a nice view). We asked for an extra robe and it was up in 5 minutes. Bathrooms were fully renovated and wonderful. Beds were comfortable. What can I say, great value for money for a Sydney boutique hotel with great service! Well done.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Syldawg,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel in particular our duty managers Adam and Oscar. Unfortunately we are a no view hotel but as you found out we are close to all the sights and attractions.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a great hotel located in one of the most prime locations in Sydney. For me, the strip along Pitt Street between Circular Quay, where all the ferries launch, and the shopping along Pitt Street in the other direction is the best place to be in Sydney. Ever since the upgrades in shopping and dining venues were made in anticipation of the Olympic Games in Sydney, Circular Quay has become an even greater destination. Of course, the Opera House has always been a huge draw for photo opportunities, but now there are even more reasons to be near the Quay. The nearby historical area known as The Rocks is also chocked full of eateries, shops, taverns, and other tourists attractions. And this area is also just a couple minutes walk from the hotel.

Just past the Opera House is the Botanical Gardens, an area that is maybe the best place in the city for a walk, jog, or even a picnic. I never miss an opportunity to visit the gardens there for exercise, fresh air, and to be near the water.

The hotel's rooms are clean and spacious and there are a lot of channels on the TV. My WiFi signal was strong and reliable and the hotel staff is outstanding, friendly, and helpful. In fact, from the concierge to the front desk to the housekeeping staff I don't think you will find a friendlier and helpful staff anywhere, at any price! The bed was very comfortable too, but the room was a little cold. I couldn't find a way to change the temperature, but I never contacted anyone on the staff about it. I guess I wasn't in the room long enough to make that a priority.

My only two criticisms of the property include the hotel gym and restaurant. The gym is very small and not very well equipped for a anyone serious about exercise. There are several treadmills and a strange and limited multi-station machine that really does not allow much of a full body workout. And why would you need treadmills in such a beautiful city, with the Botanical Gardens so close by? As for the restaurant, I can't judge the food because I did not eat there. But I still criticize it because it is prohibitively expensive. In my several days there I never saw more than a few people in the restaurant, which was no surprise. There are too many other options outside the hotel that are a much better bargain. I have never understood this pricing concept. I would think great volume at more reasonable prices would be a better strategy.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear manu204,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel in particular our location and rooms.

Please be assured that we do take everyones comments seriously. We have a recently re-vamped our dinner and lunch options for the hotel to $35 for Two Course Dinner and a $39.95 Two Course Lunch including a glass of wine. My apologies as this was not effectively communicated to you. You are right our gym is small and we recently updated our equipment unfortunately with the size of the gym it does limit to the amount of equipment we have available. But we do have a limited offer available for guests with free passes to Fitness First across the road from the hotel. This is a trial at the moment with a more permanent solution to be put in place in 2014.