“Excellent service outstanding room”

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
Ranked #10 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I was booked in to the Atrium room but on arrival wS upgraded to the presidential suite the facilities were superb
It was the night ofy son's wedding and I certainly felt very valued and deserving of the upgrade
Nit sure if I could afford the room
The bottle of bubbly capped it off a fit ending to my beautiful day the newly weds joined me for breakfast the next morning in the Bistro Fax which as usual
did not disappoint
I will definitely return to this great hotel specially love the high tea

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I recently stayed in this centrally located hotel for a couple of nights. Overall it is a great hotel, well located and easy to find. The room was big and airy and the bed was really comfortable. The bathroom was also huge and the shower amazing. Breakfast was excellent, great choice and good times.
The main downside was the internet. The wifi would not work in my room. When I contacted reception they told me to contact the internet provider and for me to deal with the internet company myself. This I found bizarre. When I refused the internet company still contacted me directly. Again bizarre and inappropriate. The matter was dealt with eventually with the duty manager, and it did involve a room change, but I would have expected a more professional response from a five star hotel.
My other complaint would be the front desk. On arrival they tried to charge me for breakfast, I had to explain that it was included in the room and eventually had to prove that with the email. On my check out the same receptionist tried to charge me again for the room, despite me explaining that it had been paid for. This receptionist could do with some more training.
Overall though the location of this hotel is super and the rooms are airy and clean and good value for money.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank fionadesmond
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Found on the Internet at a very good price. The room was lovely, we were only staying 1 night but had no trouble extending and staying in the same room for a further night, reception was very helpful and friendly. Its in a good postion, within walking distance of the CBD and Circular Quay. The room was large clean and comfortable

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Raddison. The staff were always pleasant and helpful, and appeared to actually enjoy their job! Best customer service I have experienced in such a long time. A huge thank you to Housekeeping for quickly locating my lost property and organising its return. Breakfast was delicious and at a leisurely pace, perfect for a Sunday morning. We had a Premier room on the sixth floor. Very quiet, well appointed, great shower! I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

After a very nice experience at this hotel in 2012, I booked again for a two-night weekend stay in Sydney in 2014. Wow...the hotel had slipped, big-time.

My two-night stay became a one-night stay, I was so frustrated with the hotel. This is a business hotel. The in-room wifi was totally unusable across several devices (all of which I used at other hotels in Australia without any problems)--the connection was excruciatingly slow and constantly booted me off. I was unable to complete any of my business as a result...hence the early check-out.

Furthermore, the condition of the hotel had deteriorated since my earlier visit. I was on the 5th floor for this stay. Carpets in the corridor were stained and starting to fray. Walls were beat-up and had black scuffs on them from luggage. I had paid extra for a "premier" room--what a joke. It was a tiny box with poor lighting, very dirty windows, and stained, tired furniture. Only the bathroom was of the level of quality I expect from a hotel of this rating and price. My room's window did a poor job of concealing noise--I was able to hear passersby on the street and road noise throughout the entire evening.

The only bright spot was service--check-in was polite and efficient, and check-out (despite the early departure) was hassle-free.

Overall, look elsewhere. When I book at a business class hotel, I expect business-quality accommodations and functional internet. This delivered neither.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank brmusicman
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear brmusicman,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.

I want to apologise for the number of issues regarding your stay, we strive to make every guests stay five-star at Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney.

I understand that our WIFI has caused a number of guests concerns and we are working with all parties involved to find a hastened solution to have it working to our guests expectations. I understand how frustrating this can be and know we will have this resolved as soon as possible.

I’ve passed on your comments Executive Housekeeper, we understand that our property is beginning to show signs of age and are planning a refurbishment in the next 12 months to rectify this issue.

We look forward to seeing you at Radisson Blu in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Peter Tudehope,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel is located within easy walking distance of The Roc, Sydney Opera House, Hyde Park, and the Botanical Gardens. The rooms are spacious, clean and nice, but a bit noisy. They have many amenities such as bathrobes, iron board, minibar, converters, teakettle, etc.
The internet is free (yeah!), but often slow (bah!).
Some rooms do not have electrical plugs by the bed, which is very annoying.
The shower and tub are nice and water is hot. Shower head has various spray modes.
The lobby is small in front of the checkin area but stretches around near the bar area.
Be prepared to be charged 2% when you use your credit card for paying your bill; rather strange and very petty. Knocked an entire star of my rating.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from the outside construction noises
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear UALDutch,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience of the Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney.

I want to personally apologise for the speed of the Wi-Fi. We are aware of this problem and we are working with all parties involved to find a quick and reliable service for our guests.

My sincerest apologies for the lack of communication regarding the credit card surcharge. I can assure you that it is an industry practice in Australia and we do have other payment options of debit and cash available where the surcharge is not applicable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,
Peter Tudehope

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My partner and I spent three nights here and found the stay very enjoyable. The room was relatively well appointed, however there was no view and the room lacked natural light. That said, the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've slept in and the bathroom amenties provided were good quality. We also enjoyed the complimentary fresh fruit and mineral water in the room.
The internet was fast and there was no extra charge which is to be expected at such a hotel. My only disappointment was that I very much dislike elevators and the staff would not allow me to use the stairs, leaving me with no choice but to use the elevators.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple