“Great location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Saguenay, Canada
“Great location”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Was at the Radisson Blu on a business trip and stayed for 2 nights. This is quite a "chic" hotel, luxurious, very well located near attractions, shopping malls and business center. Service was excellent all over the place.

Room Tip: Inward facing room are cheaper and quieter, but no view. Anyway, if you are in Sydney for the view...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Recently I had the need to stay overnight again at the Radisson Blu in Sydney. From the moment I parked the car outside to the moment I left the next day I was just "impressed" .. ON arrival I was greeted by a happy friendly porter/valet who assisted with my luggage and took care of my car. I was checked in by a young lady who offered the friendliest and most professional welcome I have experienced in many years but was, at the same time, relaxed and welcoming. I was recognised as a return guest and even extended a roo upgrade, which for the price I was paying as I booked though a discount website, I certainly was not expecting. There was a small hiccup with the room key as the computer had not recognised me as being checked in. In this time, I was offered coffee and a drink, a seat to relax in the business lounge and as more than friendly smile from the staff on the accommodation level. At this point it started to dawn on me that service standard was consistent...everyone offered great service in a relaxed manner. I later had a drink in the business lounge and went in and out of the hotel which was easy to do. The room was fantastic and one of the cleanest and well appointed and presented I have seen for a long time. I had a great nights sleep and the departed the next morning with ease to the airport. If I could rate the hotel I would give it 6 stars as it was just "perfect" in location, presentation, facilitates and most importantly, service. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great venue business or holiday.

Room Tip: I have not had a bad room in this hotel before
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My last review was 2 years ago and I'm pleased to say that on staying here for 2 nights recently, it is still a fantastic place to stay. From valet parking to check in it is just smooth, efficient, friendly customer service. I was on the Business floor and the lounge there is just as good with a great choice of snacks and quality wines.
Nothing seems too much trouble for the staff here and if they aren't really enjoying their work they certainly make it seem like they do!
It's got to be one of the best places to stay in Sydney! Quirky floor layout due to shape of the building, but it all adds to the charm
Oh, and get breakfast included in your stay....it's well worth it...much better than the average hotel buffet!

Sydney Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Treated ourselves to an over night stay at this lovely hotel ,what a wonderful place to stay ! Ideally situated right in the middle of the city , five minute walk to Wynyard Station,probably ten minutes to Circular Quay, twenty to twenty five minutes to Darling Harbour also very close to shops. If you don't feel like walking there is a taxi rank right outside hotel where there always seemed to be taxis waiting .
Service staff were exceptional, extremely helpful and friendly ,rooms were spacious and very comfortable ,the bathrooms amazing !
Buffet breakfast was ten dollars cheaper if you book the day before, it was plentiful and had a great selection to choose from including eggs cooked to order .
Had high tea there before we checked in ,it was truly delicious, one of the best I have ever had and our waiter Brad was lovely making sure everything was perfect for us ,it certainly was ! Highly recommend this wonderful hotel,can't wait to stay again . Thanks to all staff .

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Last year I stayed at Radisson Blu and have written about my great experience there in an earlier review. Going back there this year, I was curious to discover whether Radisson had maintained its high standards of professionalism, excellence and good service that I had so admired during my last visit. And I am pleased to say that, in my view, it has

Last year, I received an upgrade to the business level and the lounge facilities. This year, I did not receive an upgrade –which is not an issue for me, I’ll take what comes –but I must say that, apart from not having access to the business lounge, the difference was barely –if it all- noticeable in terms of the high standard of quality and excellence that I experienced during my hotel stay

This was particularly true when it came to my room, which had all the spaciousness, luxuriousness, amenities and comfort of the room which I had on the business level last year and lacked for nothing. The interior decoration and the furnishings of the room were lovely and gave the room a modern and upmarket/vibrant feel while at the same time reinforcing a warm and welcoming ambience. Every luxury and amenity I could want, I had. The desk was very comfortable to sit at and the desk chair was one of the most comfortable, relaxing and flexible I have ever encountered at a hotel. The lighting was good and the temperature in the room perfect. The bed was exceedingly comfortable, as were the nicely decorated cushions and the pillows –both of which seemed to be in ample supply. The bar fridge was nicely stocked, there were two phones (one by the desk and one by the bed) to allow for ample convenience in order to make a call –an amenity which some hotels lack and could be a potential inconvenience. The bathroom was spacious with a beautiful interior and a nice roomy shower and a bath, both of which were a pleasure to use. Toiletries were also amply supplied. This was a room I could quite happily spend a lot of time in and enjoy to the fullest and I was sad to leave it

Two aspects of this hotel particularly impressed me. First of all, I appreciate the free Wi-Fi. Too many hotels in Australia insist in charging exorbitant amounts for a Wi-Fi service which is complimentary in most American hotels. That Radisson Blu does not feel the need to do this is a wonderful reflection on the values and quality of customer service that this hotel offers. The second is that, when I made my hotel booking with the Wotif secret stays program and before I knew what hotel I was going to stay in, I specifically asked for a room near the elevator. The room they gave me perfectly fitted that criteria and was an easy and short walk away from the lift. I am glad they took the trouble to honour my request

The service in this hotel continues to be exceptional. From the welcome I received at check-in to the service I received in the bar and the restaurant, to the friendliness and helpfulness of the concierge, hotel cleaners, baggage staff and the people who handled in-hotel phone inquiries to the cheerful send-off I received when I departed, the staff were absolutely great and seemed to take a personal interest in my well-being. At least a few of them remembered me from my last visit which, considering it was about a year ago and given how many guests must flow through this hotel on a daily basis, is very impressive. Several of the staff were helpful to a fault, like the staff member in the hotel foyer who saw me struggling with my bags of shopping and arranged for it to be sent to my room, and I am very grateful to them for making my stay such an absolute pleasure

I again took high tea here and found it to be wonderful and thank you to the Chef, whom apparently gave me an extra pastry in recognition of my status as a return guest –much appreciated and everything was delicious. The buffet breakfast was also great (although I would have liked to have found the sausages which I’m sure must have been there and I couldn’t find them, either that or they’d run out because I came in late for breakfast –either way no reflection on the excellent staff on duty and the quality of food/service provided)

A minor issue while I was there –I noticed that the ATM at the front had an error message on it for at least two days while I was there. It was just a passing detail –so insignificant to me that it didn’t even cross my mind to mention it until much later on reflection –and there are numerous ATM machines in the vicinity of the hotel –but it did strike me as curious. And, since to my recollection I never tried using the ATM when it had that error message on it, I don’t know whether it actually was out of order was just displaying an error message because of an internal glitch. Either way, it had no impact on my stay here –just noting it.

Also, on the morning I left, the hotel bar had no staff on duty when I went down there for a drink and a snack. Again, not a major issue and I understand that the hotel staff were spread out in their many duties and probably unable to do everything at once –and in all fairness, they were quite prompt at sending someone to tend the bar when I notified another staff member about it –but I note it because I and believe other patrons were initially unable to find someone to give us food and beverages when we arrived. Again, it did not detract from the otherwise excellent quality of the place and my enjoyment of my stay

All in all, a wonderful pleasure and privilege to stay here again. A unique experience and I greatly look forward to coming back in the future

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Melbourne
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for three nights in this superb hotel in a business class room but was upgraded to a wonderful room with a balcony. The staff were incredible very friendly and helpful, particularly Wayne in the business lounge. The room were extremely warm and clean and bathroom were fabulous. I will certainly stay here again and recommend it to others.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Radisson Blu Plaza for business, (having stayed there a few times before as well) and was again blown away at the attentive, caring and professional service provided during my stay. It is the best hotel to stay at in Sydney.