“Family stay. A pleasure.”

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
Ranked #9 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Wife & I with 2 kids (9 & 6) stayed here for 1 night on way through Syd. We were very impressed by valet parking staff & concierge. Arrived early (about 12) and our room was ready. Went out afternoon and returned to find 2 x teddy bears for the kids, complimentry from the desk manager. Nice touch!
Room was grand. Beds were great. Pool small, but heated and enough to tire our kids! Buffet breakfast was awesome. All staff very friendly, courteous and helpful.
Will consider a stay here again at the right 'special' price that we got this at.

Room Tip: Our room faced out to front side of Hotel, and on the first floor. No street noise that we noticed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CraigRosH
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed for night for work and it was a lovely staff. The reception and concierge were very friendly and helpful. The room was a good size, the bathroom was very well proportioned and the soaps etc. smelled delightful. Radisson Blu is in a great central location, without being noisy.
I had a fantastic stay and will definitely be back. There was a good selction of food at breakfast, although the only improvement would be to have espresso style coffee available.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My fiance and l stayed for a long weekend and our experience was a fantastic one. The location is great for a stay in Sydney, a short walk to the harbour and plenty of good restaurants nearby. All the staff were very attentive, friendly and accommodating, they couldn't have been nicer. We had a problem with the heating in our room blowing cold air making the room rather chilly, so reception staff suggested 're-booting' it to try and fix the problem, however when this did not work we were promptly moved to an upgraded room for the remainder of our stay, with a porter sent to help us move our belongings. This was organised quickly and we were made to feel this was not a problem, and that they were happy to assist. When we checked out, we could store our luggage for the day until we were ready to pick it up for our trip to the airport, and we were farewell'ed kindly by the Hotel Manager.
Overall a great experience, and we would not hesitate in staying again. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for one night and I won't bother again. Much better hotels in Sydney.
We had booked and paid in advance and yet when we arrived in the evening it took quiet a while to check in as they had to "find us a room" not sure why they had to find us a room when we had not only booked but already paid.
Hotel room was a reasonable room, bed was comfortable and toiletries in the bathroom were nice.
Very from the room was nothing but internal rooftops.
No paper in the morning, wifi didn't work and no help with luggage.
It wasn't a horrible experience and I could be tempted to try it again to see if I just had bad luck....

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Princess R
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Princess R,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review regarding your experience at Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney. It is through such feedback that we can isolate issues and areas in need of attention.
I was concerned to learn that you had an issue during your stay regarding our service provided. I’ve already spoken to our Front Office Manager in relation to two concerning areas for him to investigate. We always have porters on hand to assist guests with their luggage, I’m sorry you were not offered assistance with your luggage and in no way does this reflect a typical guest stay. I wanted to apologise for the impression our Guest Service Agent had given you, I can assure you that all bookings made are guaranteed. Due to the location of the hotel we do not promote our hotel as a ‘View’ hotel, I apologise for the miscommunication and we will continually check all marketing collateral to ensure future guests do not incur the same issue. I’m not sure why you didn’t receive a morning paper, I understand we have been having distribution problems with Fairfax at the moment with not enough copies available. We always keep additional copies in the lobby level which any of our staff would be happy to give to you. Our complimentary Wi-Fi is very important to our guests and rest assured we are doing everything in our power to ensure that our guests receive satisfactory internet connection, this is an ongoing problem we are working on.
I’m glad that you found our room reasonable and bed comfortable with the amenities we provided to your satisfaction. The hotel is going through a transformation in the next 12months and we look forward communicating that to you in the future and welcoming you back to the hotel.
Peter Tudehope

Reviewed 13 July 2014

From the moment I stepped out of the taxi, I was greeted with smiles and assistance. I arrived at 8am and reception organised my room and stowed my baggage so that when I later returned I had only to pick up my room key.
The room was clean, spacious and comfortable and includes pillow service. Bathroom was a big winner with full sized bath and large shower.
Ordered breakfast for both mornings and they were spot on with delivery time and service.
Each day as I entered the lobby I was greeted with smiles and good mornings/afternoon.
My hat goes off to the staff at the Radisson Blu Plaza for their friendliness and courtesy and all-round welcoming manner.
Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a perfect base to see Sydney. Centrally located within easy walking distance to the sights but also within easy walking distance of the transport network. The hotel staff were in the majority very attentive, some of whom went out of their way to remember your name, which is a nice touch. The rooms were very clean and tidy with a very large bed, ample seating and a lovely marble bathroom. We stayed in an Atrium room which for us was perfect - no road noise! Also the room is quite dark which is nice as we slept perfectly. The bed was very comfy with a selection of pillow types which was great for my wife. Great stay, great hotel, great staff - we'll see you again soon!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Booked this via Wotif secret hotels.

It's in a good central spot not far from Circular Quay. The hotel is clean and modern, has a pool and a hairdresser and beauty salon.

Negatives:
- Long wait to check in (around 30 minutes in a long queue)
- Ordered room service waited an hour and it didn't arrive (this was at about 8.30 at night) - gave up on waiting and cancelled.
- No views to speak off - my room looked out on a dingy courtyard and into other peoples rooms.

Positives:
- Free wifi
- Super friendly staff
- Nice room with good bathroom (with bath)
- Great hairdresser downstairs.

With so many hotels to choose from in Sydney this wouldn't be top of my list but it wasn't terrible.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank papalotta
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Papalotta,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor review regarding your experience at Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney. It is through such feedback that we can isolate issues and areas in need of attention.

Thank you for highlighting what I believe to be some of the best assets of the hotel. You are right our Free WiFi in fact we were one of the first major five-star hotels in Sydney to offer it to all of our guests and this is offered at all Radisson Blu worldwide. Our service is certainly what sets us apart and our large rooms with bathtubs are quintessential to the hotel.

I was concerned to learn that you had an issue during your stay regarding our service provided. I would like to apologise and I've asked our Front Office Manager to revisit our standard operating procedure for busy check in times, 30mins is certainly far too long to check in. Due to the location of the hotel we do not promote our hotel as a ‘View’ hotel, I apologise for the miss communication and I've asked our marketing team to audit our collateral to ensure future guests do not incur the same issue. Our standard in room dining wait time is 30-40mins. In no way does an hour reflect our normal business practice and I've asked our Executive Chef to revisit his procedures to ensure guests receive their in room dining in a timely matter.
I hope you will try Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney again in the future.

Peter Tudehope