We stayed in a 2 bedroom family room (913) for 3 days recently and we were really happy with the hotel. As per suggestions and feedback on this website (thank you to all recent reviewers!), we asked for a high level room so that the renovations downstairs and the street noise outside would not disturb us. They put us on the 9th floor and we had no problems with noise. It was a corner room with a great view up and down George st.
The rooftop pool was a hit with my kids (although it's a lot smaller than it looks on the photos!) and the staff were very helpful whenever we had a question.
Although we had our car with us, we walked or used public transport every day as the hotel was so close to everywhere we needed to go. (Be aware of the $60 per night parking fee at the hotel though.)
The hotel's cafe being closed for renovation wasn't a problem for us- there's a Maccas on the same block as the hotel and a shopping centre (with Woolies as well as cafes & restaurants etc) across the road.
The main negative comment I have is that our door keycard drove us nuts! It hardly ever worked despite having it reset at the front desk numerous times and keeping it away from our credit cards.
Also, the small corner balcony was great but the door was extremely drafty, making that bedroom a little harder to keep warm.
But overall, we loved staying at the Mantra and we will definitely stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra 2 Bond Street Sydney is perfectly located close to Sydney Harbour and Circular Quay and is a minute away from the heart of Sydney's CBD. Mantra 2 Bond Street's accommodation is ideal for singles through to groups of six with a variety of rooms including Executive Studios, One, and Two Bedroom Apartments, penthouses or junior suites, most with stunning Sydney city views. Please note no twin bedding available. All rooms are fully self-contained and feature broadband internet access, cable TV, in-house movies, mini bar and climate controlled air-conditioning. Memento Lounge & Bistro is located onsite at Mantra Bond Street and showcases Australia's best produce, modern food with a traditional touch and an exclusive selection of Australian and International wines - perfect for a night in. If you want to head out there is a host of multicultural cuisines at an array of restaurants and bars located within close proximity to Mantra 2 Bond Street. For those that have time to indulge in some leisure, the luxurious rooftop pool and spa is the ideal spot to relax while watching the world go by. Mantra 2 Bond Street is perfectly positioned to take advantage of what Sydney has on offer. Enjoy a swim or some sightseeing at over 70 harbours and ocean beaches including the famous and iconic Bondi Beach. Entertainment is first class with an array of world-class theatres, museums and galleries spread across the city, but if shopping is on the cards the CBD is a shopper's paradise with a number of department stores, one of a kind boutiques and designer fashions. The Rocks sits just north of the CBD and is the perfect blend of old and new in Sydney with beautiful buildings, shops, pubs and restaurants. Guests must present a credit card upon arrival and Mantra 2 Bond Street has a no cash policy. If you elect to pay your account by credit card or other card using a credit payment facility, Mantra Group reserve the right to charge a payment processing fee in order to cover its associated administrative cost. Mantra 2 Bond Street is a NON SMOKING hotel. Maintenance Notice: Mantra 2 Bond Street is planning an upgrade of rooms and facilities to begin on Tuesday 13 June 2017. It is expected the works will continue until 30 September 2017. The hotel does plan to minimise disruption towards all guests, but understands there will be some inconvenience incurred. For all up to date information please contact the hotel directly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra 2 Bond Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra 2 Bond Street Hotel Sydney
- Mantra 2 Bond Street Sydney
- Saville Hotel Sydney