“Excellent location”

Mantra 2 Bond Street
Ranked #75 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Recently stayed for 2 nights over weekend. Excellent location, easy walk to everything. Nice spacious room on 10th floor, modern, clean and well furnished and equipped (kitchen). Nice and quiet. Friendly and helpful front-of-house staff. One small negative: bathroom a little small. Will use again. Highly recommend for those wanting to walk and enjoy the Rocks, Circular Quay and Botanical Gardens area.

Room Tip: Hotel offers free wifi in reception.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sanchit G, Manager at Mantra 2 Bond Street, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thankyou for sharing your experience, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Mantra 2 Bond St.

Our team looks forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The location of the Mantra 2 on Bond Street is great - just a few steps to Circular Quay and Wynyard station which is super convenient to get to from the airport. All the rooms are a great size, this is definitely for people who enjoy a bit more space as opposed to a shoebox :)

Memento is their new restaurant and is really quite amazing. Breakfast food is beautiful presented with fresh ingredients. Try the scrambled eggs with mushrooms and spinach.

Cocktails there are whimsical and tasty. Dinner menu is simple and delicious- totally not what you expect from a lobby bar. Very thankful to find such great food in the lobby. Especially love the baked ricotta and chocolate tarte for dessert. Brought my friends who were in town from New York and are total foodies and they agreed that dinner was delicious. Currently Sydney's best kept secret , I think. But I doubt it will be a secret for long.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cheng L

Dear Valued Guest,

I am glad to hear that you had a great stay with us here at Mantra 2 Bons St.

Our new Memento restaurant has finished its 1 month of operation and it has been a great success so far.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the food & service and our team looks forwad to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Absolutely disgusting, my friend got very sick from how much dust there was in the room. We escalated to the manager and asked for a refund to change hotels.

Entry to our room revealed holes in the carpet, and duct tape holding on the wallpaper. EMBARRASSING.,

We were told we couldn't get a refund but were told we would get a discount and free breakfast.

We did not receive the discount and we did not get the free breakfast.

This place would be the WORST hotel i have stayed at in Sydney. I have stayed at some 3 star dives in my time, this is the worst i have ever experienced.

VERY dissapointing and such a waste of money. DO NOT GO THERE. For the same price you can get an amazing clean room at the hilton, why would you ever go here!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Adam H
Timo L, Manager at Mantra 2 Bond Street, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you found your stay "disgusting". We take your feedback very serious.

A discount as well as free breakfast was offered. The Manager on Duty will get in contact with you very shortly to ensure this will be sorted out- please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of communication in regards to this.
Your feedback has also been shared with the Housekeeping Department and will be used for training purposes.
I can assure you that your experience was not the usual Mantra experience. I would be delighted if you give us another chance to proof to you that we can do better.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Located super close and really convient for a night out, had great room with a great view.
Just wanted to give a special shout out to the staff at mantra that made our trip above and beyond.

My stay started with Abhi checking us in, I do wish he checked us in a lot quicker but Chantelle came to the rescue and did it in record time with a smile on her face

Room was clean with all the essentials there (thanks housekeeping team)

Had a few troubles with the room card but I love the fact of 24 hr reception means I could go back to my room without troubles (thank you night team).

As our stay was coming to an end and we were all sleeping in. Sanchit kindly gave us a complimentary late check out. It's the little things that just makes a 1 night stay memorable.

Huge thanks to Sanchit and Chantelle, they were attentive and friendly which makes deciding to stay at Mantra @ Bond a breeze.

I would definitely stay at Mantra on Bond again, and highly recommend it for others.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wennie L

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your overall positive review.
I'm delighted to read that you were happy with the cleanliness as well
as the service provided by Chantelle and Sanchit.
We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This apartment hotel was a surprise. While our stay was short, their service and accommodations were great value and much appreciated. Great place to stay in for a few nights. Dinner was delicious. Spacious room. Will definitely stay here the next time we go to sydney! Ideally located for visiting sydney sights

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear valued guest,

Great that you took the time to share your positive experience about your recent stay at Mantra 2 Bond Street- it's very much appreciated.
Our restaurant Memento has just opened recently and the feedback so far is fantastic. I shared your feedback with teh service & kitchen team and they were thrilled that you enjoyed dinner so much.
The team is looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I wasn't after a room at Mantra 2 Bond Street but was instead extremely excited about the renovation of the foyer featuring an installation of the very chic, modern and elegant Memento Kitchen & Bar. The foyer now successfully incorporates different spaces into one design, providing time and room for every kind of traveller and diner. It feels and looks great; the staff is welcoming and helpful and the menu offers a well-balanced selection of delicate delights for every taste. I especially enjoyed sitting close to the bar, overlooking Sydney's bustling George Street while unwinding and sipping on a crisp, cool glass of La Vieille Ferme (served in beautiful Stölzle glass ware - very much-liked attention to detail). I heard their cocktails are worth trying, too. Next time - I'll definitely return!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank EvaSteinmetzer

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your detailed and very positive review about Memento. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed the design by Paul Kelly. Memento's philosophy is to create a special, memorable moment for our guests. A combination of unique food flavours, great wines & cocktails as well as personalised service is the key to deliver such a "Memento". We will introduce an updated menu very soon to offer additional shared options as well as more variety within the next weeks.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I always stay in Mantra on Russell when I'm in Melbourne. I have always been satisfied with what that Hotel offers.This is the first time that I have stayed in a Mantra in Sydney. I found it to be equally as good.
I particularly liked the location, spacious room and the option of opening the window/ door to small verandah.
I like having some fresh air during the night and felt more connected to the city, with being able to stand outside up on the 14th floor.
I loved the 2 separate living spaces in my room and liked the decor in the lobby and the cafe and bar.
My only minor complaint was that the desk clerk that checked us in was not very friendly and welcoming. All the other staff we encountered were extremely friendly and helpful.
I would recommend this Hotel and hope that I will stay again soon.

Room Tip: I prefer to be on upper levels to catch better glimpses of the city.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Timo L, Manager at Mantra 2 Bond Street, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience about your stay at Mantra 2 Bond Street. Fantastic to hear that you like the new look of the lobby and the restaurant.
I'm sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your check out experience. If you can provide me with further details to your check in experience so I can coach the particular team member that would be very much appreciated.
I would be delighted if we may welcome you back very soon.