Stayed 3 nights in a 'Junior 2 bedroom', and given on the 15th floor (always prefer high floors).
The rooms were of reasonable size with very comfortable queen beds in each room; reasonably modern bathroom with spa bath and shower over; laundry facilities in a cupboard off the hall and a huge terrace, albeit shared with the next interconnected room.
Difficult to work out which room was the main one - both had access to the roof terrace, but one had the TV and the other had the CD player. The kitchenette was very minimal, firstly being located in a wardrobe of the bedroom that we decided was the second room for the kids. In addition to the fridge that was otherwise the mini-bar, there was a microwave, kettle and some plates, glasses etc. There was no sink or hotplate - you had to wash the cooking equipment either in the bathroom or the laundry trough.
Did not have many dealings with staff, but they appeared happy to help when asked. (The only issue was we left a note for room service that the CD player was not working...came back at the end of the day to find a note from maintenance advising us to contact reception! Why could maintenance not refer the matter to reception earlier in the day? We were leaving the next day so did not bother).
We were too busy to visit or use the swimming pool etc and did not try the bistro so cannot comment on either.
At least on the 15th floor, room noise was not an issue, although the alarm clock in the next room did bleep for an hour in the middle of the evening - could have reported to reception, but not too noisy.
On the whole, a reasonable standard of hotel in a good central location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra 2 Bond Street Sydney is perfectly located close to Sydney Harbour and Circular Quay and is a minute away from the heart of Sydney's CBD. Mantra 2 Bond Street's accommodation is ideal for singles through to groups of six with a variety of rooms including Executive Studios, One, and Two Bedroom Apartments, penthouses or junior suites, most with stunning Sydney city views. Please note no twin bedding available. All rooms are fully self-contained and feature broadband internet access, cable TV, in-house movies, mini bar and climate controlled air-conditioning. Memento Lounge & Bistro is located onsite at Mantra Bond Street and showcases Australia's best produce, modern food with a traditional touch and an exclusive selection of Australian and International wines - perfect for a night in. If you want to head out there is a host of multicultural cuisines at an array of restaurants and bars located within close proximity to Mantra 2 Bond Street. For those that have time to indulge in some leisure, the luxurious rooftop pool and spa is the ideal spot to relax while watching the world go by. Mantra 2 Bond Street is perfectly positioned to take advantage of what Sydney has on offer. Enjoy a swim or some sightseeing at over 70 harbours and ocean beaches including the famous and iconic Bondi Beach. Entertainment is first class with an array of world-class theatres, museums and galleries spread across the city, but if shopping is on the cards the CBD is a shopper's paradise with a number of department stores, one of a kind boutiques and designer fashions. The Rocks sits just north of the CBD and is the perfect blend of old and new in Sydney with beautiful buildings, shops, pubs and restaurants. Guests must present a credit card upon arrival and Mantra 2 Bond Street has a no cash policy. If you elect to pay your account by credit card or other card using a credit payment facility, Mantra Group reserve the right to charge a payment processing fee in order to cover its associated administrative cost. Mantra 2 Bond Street is a NON SMOKING hotel. Maintenance Notice: Mantra 2 Bond Street is planning an upgrade of rooms and facilities to begin on Tuesday 13 June 2017. It is expected the works will continue until 30 September 2017. The hotel does plan to minimise disruption towards all guests, but understands there will be some inconvenience incurred. For all up to date information please contact the hotel directly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra 2 Bond Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra 2 Bond Street Hotel Sydney
- Mantra 2 Bond Street Sydney
- Saville Hotel Sydney