Sheraton on the Park, Sydney
US$197
US$253
US$179
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$150
Radisson Blu
  • Pool
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$140
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$138
US$202
US$197
  • Restaurant
Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$156
  • Pool
Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$135
  • Breakfast included
4,351 results
All reviewshyde parkpark viewfeast restaurantthe club loungejames stationspg memberdavid joneswalk in wardrobeseafood buffetbeautiful hotelstar hotelhigh teaan upgradelarge bathroomcorner roompitt st mallcircular quay
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed here during a conference recently and one night was courtesy of the conference organisers, otherwise I probably wouldn't have chosen somewhere so pricey. However, you do have to remember that Sydney IS expensive. I had a really lovely spacious corner room with lots of light, a generously sized bathroom and a fabulous walk-in wardrobe. The decor was much less corporate than in Sheratons I've stayed in overseas eg the US. There was some character to it. There was also a corner couch, lovely desk where I did some work and a TV that swivelled round so you could watch it wherever you were. The bed was super comfy and I loved the shutters which give a much cleaner feel than curtains trailing everywhere. However behind these were blackout blinds which could be shut from a switch by the bed if needed.

The bathroom was one of the nicest hotel bathrooms I've had in a long time, with bath and a huge shower. The shower products were good quality and the towels large and fluffy.

The communal areas of the hotel were really lovely, the staff super-friendly and the fresh flowers smelled amazing.

My niggles were: for the price it would be really great if the internet was included or at least much cheaper than it is. I know lots of places charge but equally, lots of places don't. Minibar and food prices were phenomenal (again, this is Sydney) and I thought that for a hotel of this calibre it was quite poor to have instant coffee in the rooms. Why not a small plunger with fresh coffee or even a pod-style machine which some modern hotels have now? Finally, my shower leaked really badly but I just about mastered how to avoid this by the time I was leaving.

The hotel is well situated within the CBD, near the park, a short walk to Darling Harbour and with buses passing by to just about anywhere. Would I stay here again? Absolutely!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room - 506 was lovely
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear nesbitevans,
I appreciate you taking the time to post the thorough review of your recent stay at the Sheraton on the Park. Rest assured, I have taken your feedback on board and will review via our ongoing quality control program. Thank you once again for your time and hope to welcome you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Sheraton on the Park in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I look for deals when I travel and when I found a room at Sheraton on the Park for under $200 for one night, I couldn't click fast enough. The normal rate for the room would have been around twice what I paid. Yes, it's a top hotel, with brilliant, spotless rooms and it's in a magnificent location. (We were especially lucky to get a comfortable king bed and, as we couldn't hear a thing from outside our room, we slept really well. And did I mention that our room had shutters on the windows? I love shutters!) But I want to focus on the customer service because obviously the rooms have everything you need and more. When we checked in, the chap behind the desk would have seen that we got a cheap internet special from the paperwork I gave him. (Unlike a lot of people staying there who looked like they might have bought half of the goods in the Versace shop in the hotel.) But he gave us first class treatment. He asked our plans for the evening and we told him we were going to the Opera House. We asked if we should get a cab or walk? He actually thought to ask whether my wife would be wearing heels or not (that certainly impressed her!) before telling us that we'd probably be ok to walk. A few minutes after we settled into our room, he called us (on the room's phone) to ask if everything was ok with the room and if we needed anything. Then "enjoy the show tonight". This is how you treat people and I wish I could give more than 5 out of 5 for service.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aus_PM_73

Dear Aus_PM_73,
Thank you for your review of our hotel, I’m pleased to note we have exceeded all your expectations. Customer service is definitely an integral part of our job as our company’s most vital asset is our guests and their recognition and loyalty to the Sheraton on the Park so I am pleased to note the service received was all you had expected and much more! Once again we appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton on the Park.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in late May and loved it. As a Platinum Starwood member was upgraded to a nice suite overlooking Hyde Park. This hotel has the best club lounge I have experienced at a Sheraton. Terrific breakfast served in morning with appetizers in evening as well as complimentary beverages. Lounge staff was outstanding.Hotel location is perfect. Easy walk through the Botanical Gardens to Opera House as well as to Darling Harbour. Lots of shopping close by.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Brad Z,
Thank you for your wonderful review and patronage as a Starwood Platinum Member. Our Sheraton Club Lounge is recognised as Sydney’s Premier Executive Lounge with absolutely amazing views of Sydney, so I am delighted you also had the opportunity to experience all that our hotel has to offer!

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Booked this hotel for 2 nights travelling from Brisbane for the British & Irish Lions V Waratahs, great location for train to and from the airport. Friendly check in and check out. Room was very spacious as was the bathroom also very clean throughout. Bed very comfortable. Very close to shopping , which made my wife happy. Bus stop opposite the hotel to and from the Alliance stadium. Perfect choice all in all. Will definitely stay there next time in Sydney.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank Bill.Nes

Dear Bill.Ness,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton on the Park and for your wonderful feedback! Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a longer stay!

Reviewed 16 June 2013

We just came back from a 3 day girls weekend in Sydney, staying at the Sheraton on the Park. We loved the hotel, the customer service and the rooms were amazing. Restaurant, drinks, bars and coffee ~ all was exceptional. Right across the road from the park and the train station is also across the road. The free shuttle bus is only 1 minutes walk. Right around the corner from the Westfield Shopping Centres and the the shopping arcades I would very highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Shelle65,
Sounds like you had a great “Girls Getaway”, I’m delighted we met all your expectations and that you all had a wonderful stay! Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton on the Park.