“Great location”

Sheraton on the Park, Sydney
Ranked #32 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have been staying at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney for years. Only once was I given an upgrade, which was wonderful. You have to be sure you are given a room overlooking Hyde Park otherwise you have no view. Staff are friendly....Buffet was not quite as good this last stay.
Might look at Langham next time. Sheraton is the best location for shopping. Taxi's are always available, which is important if you are going to airport

Room Tip: higher floor and overlooking Hyde Park
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Bernhard L, Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear swarburton2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I appreciate your wonderful feedback. Our guest rooms on the Park Side of the hotel are indeed very popular along with our location however our apologies for the disappointment in our Buffet offerings. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We arrived in Sydney airport in the morning to only find that our luggage never made it. But we we're assured that we would get our luggage that afternoon. We then took a taxi to the Sheraton on the Park, and arrived at the check in desk at about 930am. After 25 hrs of flying, we were exhausted , but could not check in that early. The front desk was very understanding an recommended a place for breakfast, and would try to have a room ready for us by about noon. Well, we walked for a few blocks and had a great "English" breakfast and the best coffee ever! As a side note, the coffee is awesome in Sydney. After breakfast, we went back to the hotel and the room was easy with all the needed amenities, and our luggage was in the room. Throughout our stay, the service was impeccable and the location is perfect. The hotel is within walking distance of all the major attractions, restaurants and shopping. Would happily go back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Paula F,
I’m so pleased that we were able to assist you in such a difficult situation and to make your stay that little bit more comfortable and relaxing. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Disappointing ...
First I got to the hotel and was told that as a platinum member and due to the fact that I used suite awards I would be given priority on my "Executive" suite but unfortunately was not ready… understandable. I checked in at 8am... did not get a room until 3pm.... I was told at 1pm that they could shift things around but the room would not be as nice… and I told them to take their time and provide the nicest room possible and did not mind extra delays. The room looked nothing like the pictures....I was also charged "long distance" charges for toll free calls and was not given the discounts promised. I would not really stay here again.

The staff is friendly…

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Brasilwill,
Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment you encountered on arrival to the hotel. Our standard check in time is 3.00pm and as we endeavour to ensure all our guests requests are met, with a hotel experiencing very high occupancy an early check in at 8.00am may be difficult to achieve. I assume by your feedback that the Toll Free Number you had dialled would be an international Toll Free Number therefore incurring charges however our apologies for the disappointment caused.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

What an awesome hotel, staff, and LOCATION!! Right in the middle of everything:) It was an amazing, once in a lifetime holiday and within walking distance to all local attractions. Just walk and literally get lost.. Sydney Opera House and ferry literally a 10 min walk straight down the street. Bus stop right outside of hotel and St. James train station directly across the street. About a 30min bus ride to Bondi beach.. About a 20 min walk to the harbour and all shopping right around the corner. Hyde Park directly across the street!!! But, EVERYTHING is 3x the normal prices compared to U.S so be prepared. If you venture out of the city you kind find things more reasonably priced. For example, 6.96AUD for ONE bottle of water!!! 4AUD for a can soda!!! Go out the city, 2AUD for can soda, 1AUD for water. Up to you. Well worth the location though. Staff was always friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. Easy check-in and out. Room was very large including the bathroom. VERY, VERY clean and comfortable beds!! Would definitely stay again:)

Room Tip: Choose a City side room or view of Park.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear TravelB215,
Thank you for the 5 Star Rating and wonderful feedback regarding your stay at the Sheraton on the Park. Our location is perfect for all types of guests, leisure and corporate that require everything at close proximity. Additionally, our prices are in line with all other 5 Star hotels as we endeavour to not only match but exceed our offerings and we hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I paid for executive floor and was first given a room on the 21st floor facing the back which was directly above the air con condensers on the roof top of the building opposite. They made such an unbearable noise that it was impossible to sleep.
After I made it known to the hotel team they promptly switched me to another room on a lower floor which was quiet and I slept like I would have at home. But I wonder why I had to go through the hassle of re-packing and moving rooms, for which I was also offered no help?
The air cons on the opposite building weren't installed yesterday and the team though mildly apologetic, wasn't surprised at all when I mentioned the noise.
Just beware that you are not on 21st floor along the wing that faces the air con condensers!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank confucius73

Dear confucius73
Our rooms on the 21st floor are indeed Executive Rooms however our apologies for the noise disturbance you had encountered. I’m delighted we were able to provide you with an alternate room however apologies for the disappointment caused.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Booked 2 nights and paid up front for an Executive Room, being Gold SPG members along with using Citibank Select card benefits with fine hotels. see link, not to be? http://citibank.visaluxuryhotels.com .We arrived at the hotel right on 1pm to be told the rooms won't be available until 4pm, but, for an extra $100 a night we can give you an upgrade into a room that is normally $500 more? I explain Gold SPG, Citi Select Card and up grades etc, No sorry the only way we can give you a room now is to take the upgrade or wait until 4pm. We paid the $100 not wanting to loose the day, Arrival in the room we noticed the room was the same as I booked in the first place. I called up and spoke with a Brendan who had the manager call me back, Kathleen Nunez. After expressing my disappointment to Kathleen, she agreed the room was the same size "but" this room was newly refurbished and as far as she is concerned its an upgrade and the $100 extra says, "so what is my problem" I advised her my Gold SPG and Citi Select and I should not be charged and I would expect a refund. When checking out the charge was still on and Kathleen was there to advise me quite rudely to my face that there will be no refund. I was angry and not only about the extra $200 but the way this young lady went about it and total lack of respect or concern, simply too young and had no people skills at all. To her it was not the $200 either but more about who was boss and she had the power to charge me if it was right or wrong, quite simply she did not care. As for these SPG and Credit card deals, I am now convinced they are nothing but gimmicks, not the first time and no more for me, but it is the first time we had this type of treatment from a so called manager. Enough said on this.
The Hotel. The room size is quite good, it has a couple of small balconies where you can fit 2 or 3 people, for such a large room it has a very small standard bath tub, 2 toilets, 8 person dinning table and a lounge in the same room. The room is not worth $1200 a night, not even half this compared to other Sydney Hotels in far better locations. It is a very expensive hotel, Paris NYC rates without the service. If you are a tourist visiting Sydney this hotel is NOT for you, quite simply you are at the wrong end of town and will spend all day walking. If you are in Sydney for shopping this Hotel is ideal and next to all the major shops. Compared to Quay Grand or Four Seasons, there is just no comparison! I may have had a bad experience with a bad manager, regardless of this the hotel is far too expensive compared to others in town and a bad location for tourist attractions, bars, restaurants and night life. Google fist or bring your walking shoes.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danny W
Bernhard L, Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Dan W
Thank you for taking the time to further outline your concerns. As previously advised, our standard check in time is 3:00 pm, on your arrival you were offered the first available room for your early arrival request and the upgrade was merely an option available for you. Additionally, there is certainly a difference between our Terrace Suites and our Deluxe Terrace Suites, being that the Terrace Suite is 80m2 in size and the Deluxe Terrace Suite at 120m2 in size. Please do accept our sincere apologies if you felt our Manager on Duty was less than courteous and professional whilst attending to your concerns, however I understand that you had used abusive and condescending language towards our Associates for which we do not condone. Our prices are in line with all other 5 Star Hotels in Sydney CBD and our location is one of the main drawcards for travellers. Apologies we did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

A great place to stay in Sydney overlooking Hyde Park and St Mary's Cathedral and out to the harbour and Sydney Heads. The Suite for a room deal is great value as you get a oversized bedroom and separate lounge area with a balcony. The bathroom is spacious and the decor is very relaxing. In this deal you also get access to The Club Lounge on the 21st floor with loads of extra benefits,

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Jenor9
Thank you for your 5 Star Review and wonderful feedback. I’m delighted you had the opportunity to stay on our popular “Suite For Room” deal!