“Outstanding service”

Ranked #33 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Moreno Valley, California, Usa
“Outstanding service”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton on the Park twice in March 2014. We arrived after a 15 hour flight from LA and were immediately checked into our room. It had a great view of the park. The bathroom was huge. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast buffet the next morning was great, with plenty of choices. We were going to be out of town for 5 days before returning to catch our ship. The staff offered to store our excess luggage while we were gone. When we returned, our luggage was waiting for us in our room. Couldn't ask for better customer service. A definite ++++ stay.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park, above the 6 floor have a nice view and are relatively free of street noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Bernhard L, Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Larry M
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton on the Park and for your very kind feedback. I’m so delighted to read your review and that we ensured your stay was so memorable and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back when your travels return you to our shores.
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,040)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed as a family for 10 days recently. Overall the hotel was very good and comparable to other hotels in Sydney of a similar price.

Service was overall very good and when travelling with young children, it is important to have a hotel and staff that are able to be empathetic to the situation.

Service of note:

Sam on Concierge, greeted our family after a long overnight flight, took care of everything and made us feel welcome, remembered us during our stay and continued to be of assistance, always with a smile - that is how you want to be greeted upon arrival and all during a stay.

Sophie and Max in the Exec Lounge - were very helpful throughout the stay and assisted with many requirements with a positive and smiling attitude. - These are the sort of staff that make you want to go back to a hotel and stay again.

The Pros:
Close to the "City"
Close to Shopping
Close to good restaurants
Close to Transport
Rooms are quite large - bigger than some comparable hotels in Sydney

The Cons:
Parking is expensive (I know it is everywhere in Sydney) when compared to other hotels in the CBD
Feast Restaurant - went there on a Sunday - not enough staff trained well enough (for me) and the service was a little hit and miss (water not refilled, plates left for a period etc) however this situation could improve
Rooms - could be cleaned better. For continuity - turndown service seemed to stop after about night 6.
WiFi - appalling for both connection and speed - wouldn't pay for it. Gave up and went and bought a local SIM for my iPad to provide wireless con for other devices.

*worth a note (both a positive and a negative depending on which side of the coin you are on) the Executive Lounge does not allow children in there after 5pm (Yay for the business traveller). However, if you do ask at the lounge, they will provide you with a "pass" to use in the Conservatory Bar downstairs with similar benefits.

As you can see, the Pros far outweigh the Cons and these can be rectified quite easily. Would I stay here again in the future - yes.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Addisongreen
Bernhard L, Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Addisongreen
Im so delighted to read your review and am thankful for choosing to stay at the Sheraton on the Park for your family holiday! I very much appreciate your kind words and praise about our Hotel and indeed the great team of people we have working here and have taken your feedback on board also. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels return you to our shores.
Broadbeach Waters
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We have enjoyed staying at Sheraton on the park over twenty years. Flying into Sydney, one can catch the airport train, arrive at St James station, walk across the road and be in your room in less than 40 minutes. We have enjoyed Sheraton Club Lounges in 4 continents over the last 12 months and Sydney is by far the best in it's offering of both food and wine selection. The staff are exceptional, a special thanks to Jenna and Tori, such pleasant and professional Chef and Concierge/waitress. Regrettably, the hotel oversells Club access, to trhe extent that there is insufficient seating capacity both evening and morning breakfast, in the case of breakfast, we had to go down to Botannica Brasserie, which resulted in an overcharge for breakfast on the account ( which was credited) , as for rooms we had 1533 allocated, and it turned out to be our worst in 20 years, small, poor design and lacking amenities ( provided upon request ) but with a fine view of Sydney Harbour to the Heads, St Mary's and Hyde park.We will certainly be back again, but in a different Club room.

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

Room Tip: Avoid any ending in 33, eg. 1533 , 733
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kazacos11
Thank you for your continued loyalty and patronage to the Sheraton on the Park over the 20 Years! I have certainly taken your feedback on board and look forward to being of continued service to you in the future.
Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 15 August 2014

An OK stay was ended with the checkout experience from HELL! I prepaid for my five night stay and on check out the receptionist would not accept this fact and I ended up having to login to my bank account in reception and show her the transaction. very embarrassing and irritating. Finally I had to return in a rush to pay at lunchtime as they couldn't summon a manager to solve. I didn't spot that I had been charged an extra night on my incidentals bill till later. I have been in constant contact with the hotel since and although they have acknowledged (I think) the mistake, I still have no refund as they are still awaiting 'authorisation'. Really annoyed. Never returning.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank paul3570
Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Highly recommend staying here. Rooms were enormous modern and very clean right down to the walk in robe. The food here for the 3 days I stayed was most impressive. High quality and a great selection. Staff were more than helpful and nothing was ever to much trouble.... Was here with work leaving on the Friday to stay in another motel with my wife for the weekend. What a mistake that was we should have stayed here instead of circular quay at a hotel with Sir in its name as was very ordinary compared to the Sheraton. Could not fault the Sheraton on the Park

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Robert R
Dear Robert R
Im so pleased you enjoyed your guest room and your time with us. Indeed Sheraton on the Park has the largest standard rooms you will find in Sydney CBD Hotels!
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great hotel. Service is excellent. Rooms are lovely. For this price tag it cant be beaten. Location is perfect for work and leisure. Foos is also good and reasonably priced. Its just a great all round place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Nickneal
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton on the Park for your trip to Sydney and for your wonderful feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back when your travels return you to our shores.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Last week i took a senior colleague for a spa afternoon as a thank you for her hard work. I usually go to The Langham for these afternoons but thought i'd try the Sheraton as The Langham was being renovated. From the outset it was such a disappointment. We arrived to be told that our appointments were 2.30pm even though i had booked for 2.45pm. This meant we didn't have much time to use the pool etc beforehand so we started out feeling rushed, just before 2.30 we were told that I had indeed gotten the time right and we had more time, after we had already rushed around. The changing room experience left me astounded that I was expected to get undressed alongside my colleague who is in her 50's. I have no doubt that she felt uncomfortable too so i went into a toilet cubicle and struggled with my clothes and swimming costume. I would imagine that a changing cubicle would be pretty basic in a spa, it felt more like a public gym.The pool was very nice, but the spa just wouldn't work and looked like it should be in a council swimming pool and not a 4* hotel. Very frustrating just sitting in a still warm pool! When the treatments started i had no complaints about my therapist, although quite young she was very nice and did her best to make sure it was an enjoyable experience. The music being piped loudly through was up tempo classical concertos with quite aggressive beats. Not quite relaxation music. I asked my therapist if she could change the music and she told me that the best she could do was turn it down slightly as it was controlled centrally. For the first 30 minutes at least i couldn't zone out from the awful beat of the music which was only made worse by drilling and slamming doors to the changing room. All in all i paid several hundreds of dollars for a spa afternoon for 2 people which turned out to be as much stress as relaxation. Incidentally i am still waiting for my credit card receipt to be emailed as promised because the receipt wouldn't print... Raise you standards Sheraton!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Samos73
Dear Samos73
I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent Spa Experience in the Sheraton on the Park. Rest assured I have taken your feedback on board and discussed your concerns with our Management Team for review and improvement via our ongoing Quality Control Program and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and reinstall your confidence in our Product, Brand and Service.