“Average at Best”

Sheraton on the Park, Sydney
Ranked #24 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Great Location of the Shearton in Sydney.

Had booked a Park View Room and was advised at check in I was to be upgraded, however when I got to the room I am not sure (level 7) what was the upgrade. All I could see from my Room was leafs from the tress in the park.

The Room Service is very expensive and there is additional $8 charge per order.

Breakfast Buffet is average considering the price.

There are much better hotels in Sydney at around the same price, I would reccoemnd The Westin.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank dgvictor
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2010

Dear dgvictor,

Thank you for your informative review of the Sheraton on the Park. I am pleased to note the location of the hotel provided the convenience to access all major retail stores, restaurants and the Hyde Park. While we do receive a very high number of compliments relating to our position, I do apologize if you were not allocated a higher floor room to oversee the beautiful Hyde Park.

I was however disappointed to note your comments regarding our In Room Dining and Botanica Brasserie dining options. I wish to advise that we continuously benchmark ourselves in line with all other Sydney 5 star hotels, as we endeavour to ensure we not only match but exceed the offerings of our competitors, however I appreciate your comments with reference to our sister hotel, The Westin Sydney.

Once again, I am glad you chose to stay at the Sheraton on the Park and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,

Brad Mercer – Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,128)

Reviewed 24 October 2010

I stayed here for one night as part of a girl’s weekend away. Whilst the rooms are spacious and very nice and the location near the park is lovely, I found the hotel overall disappointing.

The breakfast was bland and the service was nothing special. The prices in the Botanic Brasserie were ridiculously high and this is the first 5* hotel that I have stayed at that felt pretentious and unwelcoming.

If staying in Sydney, I would recommend the hairdressers that are attached to the hotel – Christopher Hanna.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2010

Dear noneedformaps,

Thank you for taking the time to review Sheraton on the Park hotel after your girl’s weekend away. It is pleasing to note that you enjoyed your room and view of the Hyde Park.

Nevertheless I was very disappointed to note that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience. I wish to advise that we continuously benchmark ourselves in line with all other Sydney 5 star Hotels, as we endeavour to ensure we not only match but exceed the offerings of our competitors, I apologise if you felt that our associates were less than courteous or professional.

Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back to the Sheraton on the Park in the not too distant future.

Warm regards
Brad Mercer – Hotel Manager

Reviewed 12 October 2010

I booked with expedia.com and they had a speical deal which "stay 4 nights get 1 night for free" deal, make sure you always check for deals with this hotel and save money.

The hotel is located in the heart of Sydney. Less than 5 minutes walk to QVB and Pitt Streets. It is located next to the park, so we can enjoy some peaceful nights without the noise from the busy George st. The St. James train station is opposite to the hotel, which will bring you to Circular Quay in less than 5 minutes, so we can catch the Ferry to Manly, or visit The Rocks and the Opera House. There is also a bus stop within 1 block which can also bring you to Circular Quay for free (bus 555), or bring you back.

The hotel staffs are professional and the service is awesome. Great Attitude and always willing to help. The hotel has 6 brand new computer for guest to use, high speed internet. You can also bring you laptop to enjoy the free wifi. The room has internet too but you need to pay for it.

Most importantly, we got upgraded to a king size bedroom. The room is huge, with a tub and a shower, and the most comfortable king size bed. This is important because after long day, the bed can actually help you get ready for the next day. The bed is huge for 2 and the pillows are soft too. There is also a couch in the room and It is quite comfortable too, I nap on it for hours!

Overall, it is a great deal for so many good things! The great location and the comfotable bed will help you, so book it now!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Sheraton OTP I arrived late, after a long day and intense workshop.

Check-in was very slow, the room a good size but OVERLY scented with air/carpet freshener... so much so, that it caused my eyes to stream.

I'm 6ft4 so having two single beds was pretty impractical.

I called the front desk and was told I would be called back immediately... 20mins later still no call( at 11.30 on a week night). Returning to the lobby and explaining my situation I was told, there were no rooms spare and no one had ever complained about the room scent previously - there was nothing I could do unless I upgraded myself to premium suite.

Despite a booking which clearly showed KING SIZE I was too tired to checkout and begrudgingly went back to my room taking two antihistamine, vowing to Tripadvisor my experience.

Disappointingly, two of my colleagues who stayed in the hotel that night also had poor service after complaining about the room standards - perhaps not unique.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel and certainly won't be back to stay...

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2010

Dear ukdingo,

I was most concerned to learn that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us, particularly in regards to your check in process and bedding configuration. October is one of the busiest times of the year for the hotel, however it is essential we maintain the highest standard for our guests at all times. For all future reservation requirements I recommend booking directly through the Hotel or contacting us via telephone to our Reservations Department which will provide more opportunity to cater to your needs.

We hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,
Brad Mercer - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 9 October 2010

sheraton standard more or less as expected, large rooms but certainly not an unforgettable hotel, the location next to the park is nice and everything including the opera house is in walking distance, quite good breakfast buffet, the restaurant has a great view on the park, strongly recommend to opt for an upper floor, some rooms hardly have daylight

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2010

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. The GM does an amazing job with the staff - polite and efficient.. Taxi ride from airport is way better then the bus.. You can walk everywhere and the park is beautiful. Rooms are spacious and clean. Buffet was great and shopping/sightseeing is very simple.

Love it! We'll be back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2010

We stayed on the Sunday night of the October longweekend with a toddler. Needless to say the checkin was seemless and effortless, we cruised up to our larger than life room with a bathroom to move into :)!!!! Everything about the room was glorious.

We utilised the rooftop pool as it was heated and it was a dreary day in Sydney, lovvvved it, nothing like spending several hours swishing around in a heated pool.

We had breakfast in the morning, tots got his meal for free, I have to say though $40 is a tad rich for what you get, maybe brining the price down or merely integrating into each room fee would be a better option. Tot's was taken care of, all of his morning meal needs done with some little added extra's that make Sherton my top 5 star choice, so very family friendly.

We will be staying again soon, this time might try out the Park View rooms :).

Thank you everyone at the Sheraton for making our stay perfect!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family