“Sydney weekend getaway”

GreenLeadersGold level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Sydney weekend getaway”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had an amazing weekend away thank you Sir Stamford for making it a special one. Rooms were great the facilities were great the outside pool was nice even when it was raining and the adjoining gym had enough machines even for a challenging workout and the sauna was nice as well. We only stayed two nights but it was enough for me to say I will stay with you again next time.
Thanks again Happy customer

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
TimothyBuckton, General Manager at Sir Stamford at Circular Quay Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 4 April 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you for yourfeedback regarding your recent stay at Sir Stamford Circular Quay.

Tim Buckton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Greek first
Lake Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We chose this hotel mainly for its proximity to the Vivid Festival. As it turns out it is in a great location for many major attractions eg. Opera House, so you can park your car ($50 valet) and forget it which is great in Sydney. As you would expect in a hotel of this standard everything is quality including service, cleanliness, quietness and attention to detail. Will definitely be high on the list for our next visit to Sydney.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Adelaide
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great Hotel. It has location, spacious rooms, luxurious bathrooms.

Stayed only one night prior to a cruise & could see our cruise ship from the balcony of our room - that was a small plus!

Would stay there again when in Sydney

Room Tip: We had a choice of a big room or a room with the better view. We chose the bigger room but found we...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Currumbin, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed 3 nights in this charming hotel, has a great feel and very friendly staff.
Our room was very spacious and had amazing views of the Harbour.
We had a corner room, so lots of great views.
Enjoyed the food at the downstairs restaurant too.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite with views of the Harbour if possible
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Montrose, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We could not imagine how close this fabulous Hotel is to all the main sites.
Great service with all the best in rooms, 2 min from the Opera House and opposite the Botanic Gardens.
Great little bar inside which is very cozy and warm in atmosphere.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

we checked in on the evening of the 9th of May my beautiful love's birthday. Upon check in we were upgraded to a delux suite which always puts a smile on your dial. the hotel is very cluby in public areas right down to book cases and fireplaces. The rooms are so spacious given they were built in an era when Sydney real estate was much more affordable. I loved the high ceileings and Juliette balconys. The bathrooms are simply enormous and incredible. I loved the generous offerings of towels and robes. The toiletries were a cut above average. Geographically this place takes the cake; it sits quietly in a serene environment but the paradox is that it is seconds from downtown action. I really love the charm and old world grandeur of this place and cannot recommend it enough. The bars, restaurant and entertainment are world class....especially the well renown high teas. in summary I will return and sell forward. CC

Room Tip: ask or a room overlooking Macquarie Street higher up please!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank claude c

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Last night I called into the Sir Stamford to see if they could help me with a dilemma I was in. I had booked a cruise around the Harbour for Vivid when I got into town I suddenly remembered I had left my tickets at home. It was too late and to far to go back for them so I hoped that one of the hotels would help me by printing me more tickets from my email.

Sir Stamford came to my rescue my group of 3 entered the hotel foyer and I approached the concierge told him of my dilemma he immediately offered to help. When he had trouble getting the site to load another young woman from the front desk took me to the business centre and assisted me to load the site and left me to locate and print the said tickets saving our night.

This is outstanding service to 3 non residents of the hotel and a big 5 star thank you from me is forthcoming. Sometimes in establishments of the high rating people can feel rather daunted to enter but not at the Stamford we were welcomed treated with warmth and friendship and it won't go unremembered when thinking of a hotel to stay in the CBD on my next stayvaction.

Again thank you for your kind assistance

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends