“Triffin Tea”

The Langham, Sydney
Ranked #8 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
“Triffin Tea”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. I was again by myself but was seated next to a bookcase and served a wonderful tray of food and a hot pot of tea and I also indulged in a couple of glasses of champagne. Was a competition on at the time also to win a tea in London still have my fingers crossed for that. Love the Langham Hotels in Melb and Sydney very old world charm.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Sonia L, General Manager at The Langham, Sydney, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Michelle T

Thank you very much for your lovely review!

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed Afternoon Tiffin with us. We pride ourselves on knowing our guests and providing enchanting encounters.

Sonia Lefevre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The Langham is a luxury hotel with a great reputation so you expect it to be good and the staff to be service-focussed. However I think it's probably one of the best hotel experiences we've ever had.
The hotel is gorgeous, old and new, spacious and welcoming. The food was incredible in the Galileo Restaurant. But I think it was the staff that made the visit - not robots following a script, they were professional but relaxed and all were very committed to making our stay comfortable and fun!
We were there for a special occasion and there were small touches that showed the hotel and staff were aware of this occasion and wanting to make it even more special - without infringing on our space.
Thank you Langham Sydney for a great stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for your delightful feedback!

We pride ourselves on knowing our guests and providing enchanting encounters. It is wonderful to hear that you leave with your own special memories. We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team here at The Langham, Sydney that are dedicated to making our guests experiences truly memorable & special.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our staff, I am sure they will be pleased to hear they played a part in making your special occasion a memorable one!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a very traditional hotel in terms of its style and like all Langham's has elements of pink everywhere.

Great welcome at reception and when inquiring about our inclusions they confirmed a room upgrade which was lovely. Was even better when we got to the room and saw we had a large suite with water views - not sure this was the next category from what we booked but we were willing recipients. Very traditional in terms of decor - think Laura Ashley - but that is what this hotel is all about. Decent air con and wifi as well.

Bathroom was a decent size with a nice art deco feel. Lovely fluffy towels and amenities finished it off.

We also enjoyed high tea in the hotel (with a glass of champagne). Really lovely offerings and a great range of teas coupled with warm and attentive service.

The Langham really is what a grand hotel is all about.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wockinwod
Dear wockinwod,

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to read your feedback!

We too believe that the hotel exemplifies charm & timeless elegance. We do have a very high standard for both customer service and the overall guest experience which I am glad you got to experience during your stay.

I am delighted to also hear you got to experience Afternoon Tiffin, we are very fortunate to have a wonderful team here at The Langham, Sydney that are dedicated to exceeding expectations & making our guests experiences truly memorable.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We had a lovely stay for my 30th birthday. It was a wonderful classic hotel in a quiet but convenient location, walking distance from The Rocks and many restaurants. The suite was spacious with a nice balcony. Highlight is definitely the sub-basement pool and facilities. Highly recommended for a short, local city escape.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jon_Lily
Dear Jon_Lily

It is a delight to read your wonderful feedback!

At Langham, we pride ourselves on knowing our guests & building great memories. I am delighted that you left with your own special memories for your birthday. It is great to hear that you also got to experience the tranquil oasis that is the pool & Day Spa and we hope you felt relaxed & rejuvenated!

I’m delighted you were able to take advantage of our location; we too think our location is quite special & gives our guests a residential experience of Sydney and The Rocks.

Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Bonnet Bay
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Birthday weekend, great deal as mystery hotel.
Pre dinner drinks - Lord Nelson Hotel, Dinner - Fish at the Rocks, after dinner drinks back at the Langham - all a very short walk :)
Room, service, everything - incredible!!!!

Room Tip: King beds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MacaBonnetBay
Dear MacaBonnetBay,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The Langham, Sydney. We do have a very high standard for both customer service and the overall guest experience which I am glad you got to experience during your birthday stay.

We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team here at The Langham, Sydney that are dedicated to making our guests experiences truly memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Sydney in the future!

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed for one night to get away after having a minor operation. I have wanted to book myself into this hotel for some time and was lucky to find a Secret deal on Lastminute.com.au which turned out to be the Langham.

I had previously been to the venue for High Tea when it was the Observatory hotel which is has been an all time favourite of mine for High Tea, the Creme Brulee is delish!

I arrived around 1pm after my surgery, check-in was 3pm but the gentleman who's name I did not catch (Tall, asian looking young man) and the rooms were not ready so my friend and I had tea & scones while waiting. My friend quietly told him that I needed somewhere to lay down after surgery and he was able to accommodate me with a room around half an hour later.
When I got to my room, one of the girls even brought me extra bottled water which was great, thank you!

The rooms are luxurious and very Victorian style. They were very clean, the bathroom was very modern with heated towel racks, spa baths and lavender bath salts which I took advantage of! Beds & pillows were a delight.

The only downside I found was that the menu was a little outdated, I ordered a sandwich through room service which was on my menu however when I called the staff member could not find it and I was charged $12 more for it, I was able to sort it out after but it's something that could be fixed.

I'll definitely be back, I would love to organise a girls weekend with high tea & using the day spa!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Naadz,

Thank you very much for the delightful feedback!

We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team here at The Langham, Sydney that are dedicated to delivering enchanting encounters. At Langham, we pride ourselves on knowing our guests and building great memories. It is wonderful to hear that you leave with your own special memories.

We do hope you had a special stay & we wish you a speedy recovery! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Warwickshire
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Disappointing . Arrived here for 6 nights having just spent a week at Langham Melbourne . This hotel was the observatory under previous owners and there are apparently plans to refurbish it. Perhaps this accounts for the patchy service . Concierges were outstandingly knowledgeable and helpful . Afternoon tea was excellent . Breakfast service was very average . Really expect fresh orange juice for 5 stars ! Twice they tried to pass off carton juice until challenged . Got fed up with stacking our used plates on the table. Pool staff lazy as loungers left with soiled towels and cups long after guests had left . The vacuum cleaner was permanently on view in our corridor for the entire period of our stay . Staff entered our rooms on three occasions without waiting to be admitted . Check out took forever as so many errors on our bill. Feel the place needs a firm hand if it is to live up to the standards at Langham Melbourne . Also a pity that there is no outside space.

• Stayed January 2014
Sonia L, General Manager at The Langham, Sydney, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear JeJackson,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The Langham, Sydney. Guest feedback both positive and negative is extremely important and on this occasion provides management with an opportunity to address areas of concern and make improvements.

We do have a very high standard for both customer service and our overall guest experience and I am disappointed to hear your experience did not meet your expectations.

It was disappointing to read that your stay fell short and we will work with the staff involved to ensure this is resolved. I hope that you will accept our apology and allow us the opportunity to show you this level of service is not indicative of the usual high standard at The Langham, Sydney.