“50th birthday stay”

The Langham, Sydney
Ranked #8 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is a delightful hotel !! Excellent staff, great facilities, especially the pool, spa and steam room. It has something about it that makes it very special. Small touches add to the experience creating a memorable stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sonia L, General Manager at The Langham, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Ross B

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to read your feedback!

It is a delight to read your wonderful feedback!

At Langham, we pride ourselves on knowing our guests & building great memories. I am delighted that you left with your own special memories. We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team here at The Langham, Sydney that are dedicated to exceeding our guests’ expectations.

It is a delight to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff, I am sure they will be pleased to hear they played a part in making your birthday stay a memorable one!

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Sydney in the future!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I booked 2 rooms for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. First of all they left 4 little petit fours in my parents room saying Happy 15th Wedding Anniversary. Honestly I wish they had not bothered, it was quite insulting actually. Questioned the extra debits on my credit card and the guy at reception gave me the complete wrong answer so I asked to speak to the manager who made more sense phew. Train your staff properly!!!!! Ordered a hot breakfast with coffee, it was all cold so I could not eat it. Also I asked for some sauce, it never arrived. Too much in a rush for me to complain. Air conditioning in both rooms was poor. The Langham is not one of those trendy new hotels however it is looking tired. I would never stay there again and I have already not recommended it to my friends. Sorry!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
15  Thank Fiona M
Sonia L, General Manager at The Langham, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Fiona M,

We do have very high standard for both customer service and our overall guest experience and I am disappointed to hear your experience did not meet your expectations.I have personally followed up with all the relevant department heads, who have all begun implementing processes to ensure these things don't happen again.

I am pleased to let you know that since taking over the hotel, we have made every effort to make many improvements to infrastructure within the hotel and have upgraded many air conditioning units, in room entertainment and wireless internet. We are committed to continuing these investments to better our guest experience.

I hope that you will accept our apology and allow us the opportunity to show you this level of service is not indicative of the usual high standard at The Langham, Sydney.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I recently spent the night at the Langham for a surprise weekend for my husband's 30th birthday and it did not disappoint. We were in room 314 - absolutely gorgeous. Marble bathroom in fantastic condition, beautiful views from the outside balcony and the room was just stunning. The pillow menu was impressive, service from the staff was first class - even the little details like a plate of sweets with "happy birthday" written in chocolate added a beautiful touch for a special weekend.

I can't speak for the other reviews commenting on the quality of the rooms, or the noise for that matter. We had a very quiet, beautifully presented room that did not disappoint.

Paul in the bar was friendly and makes the best drinks.

I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor (if you're a non smoker)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris J

Dear Chris J,

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to read your feedback!

We do have a very high standard for both customer service and the overall guest experience which I am glad you got to experience this during your husband's 30th birthday.

We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team here at The Langham, Sydney that are dedicated to exceeding expectations & making our guests experiences truly memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to The Langham, Sydney in the future!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was booked into this hotel as part of a conference so expectations were reasonably low.

My room was a "Deluxe City View" but it was on the 1st floor overlooking a building site and facing in the opposite direction to the city.

The room itself was large and comfortable but there were plenty of noises from all around to keep you awake.

They also had some strange "automation" of the lighting and curtains. I couldn't work out how to turn off some of the lights so I had to remove the globes.

The air-conditioning cycled between off and blasting cold air all night so that was less than ideal.

This was once a grand hotel, but I think that was in the 80s.

Full marks to the staff though, they all worked really hard with what they had.

Room Tip: You have to choose between facing the large building site or the street. The Hotel is only 3 floors.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Melbourne504

Dear Melbourne504,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The Langham, Sydney. Guest feedback both positive and negative is extremely important and on this occasion provides management with an opportunity to address areas of concern and make improvements.

Since taking over the hotel, we have made every effort to make many improvements to infrastructure within the hotel and have upgraded many air conditioning units, in room entertainment and wireless internet. We are committed to continuing these investments to better our guest experience.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is a really nice hotel, very quaint and stylish. Right smack bang in the heart of the city, it's difficult to find a better location (especially if you are a tourist and fancy checking out the rocks area).

The only downside to the stay, was that the wifi wasn't free. I find it really annoying when I need to check a mail or look something up and am asked to pay a few dollars for it, it just seems tight. It's a 4-5 star, so wifi should be free no question.

Other than that they stay was lovely, service was top class. Staff were friendly & polite so top marks there. Location, great etc etc.

Would definitely recommend it. Met Geoffrey Rush at reception when we checked in, so you are in good company if you stay here :)

Room Tip: Not sure, only stayed in 1 ! Mine faced Kent street and was super quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear hey_funboy,

It is a pleasure to read your delightful comments & we are pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at The Langham, Sydney!

I'm delighted you were able to take advantage of our location; we think our location is quite special and gives our guests a residential experience of Sydney.

With regard to WiFi, we do offer complimentary WiFi internet in guest rooms up to 200MB daily when guest enrol in our complimentary 1865 Loyalty Programme. I apologize if you were not informed and offered the opportunity to join.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed in room 302 for the first night of our honeymoon and loved it so much booked a second night! This is a great place to stay. We booked a junior suite and were upgraded to a full suite (thank you). The room had everything - so much thought had gone into the details. Fantastic service from all staff - nothing to much trouble for anyone. Great room service (try the trifle) and excellent buffet breakfast. We plan to come back soon.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear anzacsaway,

It is a delight to read your wonderful feedback!

We do have a very high standard for both customer service and the overall guest experience which I am glad you got to experience during your stay. We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team here at The Langham, Sydney that are dedicated to delivering enchanting encounters.

I will be sure to share your feedback with the team; they will be delighted to hear they played a special part in making your Honeymoon so memorable.

The team here at The Langham, Sydney are looking forward to welcoming you and your husband back in the future!

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I recently visited Sydney and thoroughly enjoyed my 2 nights stay here. Great location, great staff and perfect ambience.

Most of the city attractions are in walking distance. Prices are bit high but that's true for most good hotels in Sydney CBD. Look forward to coming back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business