“A touch of luxury”

The Langham, Sydney
Ranked #7 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Had a wonderful stay here and cant really fault anything. If I were being picky I think our room was ready for decorating but it was still a wonderful room. We had booked a Harbour view and we got one. There was a horrible building in front of us and more building going on but it was still a Harbour view. The staff were wonderful and couldnt do enough for you. The breakfasts were excellent and I had the best cappuccinos I have ever tasted! We ordered a pizza from room service after a long day and that to was wonderful too.
We arrived in Sydney quite early in the morning so obviously our room wasnt ready but they took our cases taken down to the Spa for us and gave us the use of the pool and the showers so we could freshen up.
I would definately go there again and again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I am a loyal guest of the IHG hotels but if they had Langhams worldwide I would easily switch. The staff were amazing, the rooms and beds were some of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The shower.....which for me is a deal-breaker, was better than I have in my own house. I went for a run in the morning round the Opera House and I just wanted to stop and take photos! Amazing views of Sydney from my balcony too. My only slight gripe was that I asked for an egg white omelet breakfast and they used full eggs....hardly anything to annoy me! If you are coming to Sydney you definitely should book this hotel. Expensive but worth it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JT S
Sonia L, General Manager at The Langham, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear JT S,

It is a pleasure to read your delightful comments & we are pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at The Langham, Sydney!

We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team here at The Langham, Sydney that are dedicated to delivering enchanting encounters & exceeding our guests’ expectations. We are happy to hear that you got to make your own special memories.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our Langham Blissful Bed, which features a bespoke Simmons Beautyrest Mattresses and a tailor-made feather-topper, to ensure a comfortable night’s sleep.

Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The Langham never fails to fulfil its promises .. First class, friendly, efficient .. I would never choose to stay anywhere else unless practicality dictated I had to. The ambience is unsurpassed, the staff are professional mad welcoming .. It is like a home away from home.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Donna P,

Thank you very much for the delightful feedback!

Our most regular guests tell us they return to the hotel as they are made to feel like they are at their luxury Sydney home, and I am delighted to hear you had the same homely experience during your stay.

We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team here at The Langham, Sydney that are dedicated to making our guests experiences truly memorable. I will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the team; they will be pleased to know they each played a part in making your stay so special.

Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel in a great location. Just 5 minutes from the Rocks and near to circular quay you are never far from sonething brilliant. Our room was stunning with loads of space. The breakfast was hot and fresh with excellent service. They also serve the best cappuccino i have ever had. Definitely worth checking out.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank MichelleM83940

Dear MichelleM83940

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The Langham, Sydney. We do have a very high standard for both customer service and the overall guest experience which I am glad you got to experience during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Sydney in the future!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is a delightful hotel !! Excellent staff, great facilities, especially the pool, spa and steam room. It has something about it that makes it very special. Small touches add to the experience creating a memorable stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ross B

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to read your feedback!

It is a delight to read your wonderful feedback!

At Langham, we pride ourselves on knowing our guests & building great memories. I am delighted that you left with your own special memories. We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team here at The Langham, Sydney that are dedicated to exceeding our guests’ expectations.

It is a delight to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff, I am sure they will be pleased to hear they played a part in making your birthday stay a memorable one!

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Sydney in the future!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I booked 2 rooms for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. First of all they left 4 little petit fours in my parents room saying Happy 15th Wedding Anniversary. Honestly I wish they had not bothered, it was quite insulting actually. Questioned the extra debits on my credit card and the guy at reception gave me the complete wrong answer so I asked to speak to the manager who made more sense phew. Train your staff properly!!!!! Ordered a hot breakfast with coffee, it was all cold so I could not eat it. Also I asked for some sauce, it never arrived. Too much in a rush for me to complain. Air conditioning in both rooms was poor. The Langham is not one of those trendy new hotels however it is looking tired. I would never stay there again and I have already not recommended it to my friends. Sorry!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
15  Thank Fiona M
Sonia L, General Manager at The Langham, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Fiona M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The Langham, Sydney.

We do have very high standard for both customer service and our overall guest experience and I am disappointed to hear your experience did not meet your expectations.I have personally followed up with all the relevant department heads, who have all begun implementing processes to ensure these things don't happen again.

I am pleased to let you know that since taking over the hotel, we have made every effort to make many improvements to infrastructure within the hotel and have upgraded many air conditioning units, in room entertainment and wireless internet. We are committed to continuing these investments to better our guest experience.

I hope that you will accept our apology and allow us the opportunity to show you this level of service is not indicative of the usual high standard at The Langham, Sydney.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I recently spent the night at the Langham for a surprise weekend for my husband's 30th birthday and it did not disappoint. We were in room 314 - absolutely gorgeous. Marble bathroom in fantastic condition, beautiful views from the outside balcony and the room was just stunning. The pillow menu was impressive, service from the staff was first class - even the little details like a plate of sweets with "happy birthday" written in chocolate added a beautiful touch for a special weekend.

I can't speak for the other reviews commenting on the quality of the rooms, or the noise for that matter. We had a very quiet, beautifully presented room that did not disappoint.

Paul in the bar was friendly and makes the best drinks.

I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor (if you're a non smoker)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris J

Dear Chris J,

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to read your feedback!

We do have a very high standard for both customer service and the overall guest experience which I am glad you got to experience this during your husband's 30th birthday.

We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team here at The Langham, Sydney that are dedicated to exceeding expectations & making our guests experiences truly memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to The Langham, Sydney in the future!