Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection
Vibe Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$123
  • Restaurant
Novotel Sydney Central(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$230
US$208
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hyde Park Inn(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$140
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$86
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Meriton Suites Pitt Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$135
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$139
  • Breakfast included
US$304
Orbitz.com
2,762 results
All reviewswalsh bay suitewaterside roomopera housechampagne on arrivalsydney harbourluna parkrocks areaamazing locationthird floorboutique hotelking roombuffet breakfastan easy walkgantrysebelconciergewharf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2013

So we all came here after staying in the Langham for the Auckland Writers' and Readers' festival. It had a lot to live up to, and, sadly, mostly it didn't. The location is wonderful: on one of the old piers, with views of sparkling water, boats, fishermen, pissed publishers... The hotel has been done up in a minimalist, nautical style, with brushed steel soap dishes, and whitewashed furniture. The toiletries are lovely (and I have to admit I took a shampoo and conditioner to wash my hair after swimming at Singapore airport on the way home). The toilets are weird, like something you'd find on a boat, but interesting - although very loud. The beds are done in that frustrating way where an unwashed duvet is sandwiched between two sheets, rather than in a proper cover, but at least everything is cotton.

The hotel has one of those 'pillow menus' you see a lot nowadays. So I rang up and asked for feather pillows. 'Sorry,' they said, 'we don't have any left. Is there anything else we can help you with?'

I paid for hotel WiFi which, it turned out, only worked in the lobby and then only for about two hours a day before crashing altogether for hours on end. I felt quite sorry for the hotel staff, who had to constantly explain this to around a hundred extremely irritated authors.

One of the reasons we were all so irritated was because we had to QUEUE, yes, QUEUE for breakfast. Every morning it was the same. I'd queue for a table and then ask for my soya milk, which, seriously, never came without me asking twice, and gluten free bread, which I usually had to chase up three times and always came as toast. Guests have to make their own tea from a machine which a) only fills half a cup and b) runs out of hot water all the time. I don't eat the dead stuff, or the wheat-based stuff, which leaves basically no stuff, apart from cold fried eggs, so I asked for porridge instead. It cost $10 and came, after lots of prompting, without the advertised banana. All of us who breakfasted there soon turned into pitiful, quivering wrecks, or otherwise awful divas, in the face of such provocation. My partner left his plate of fruit to go and get a cup of tea and then came back to find his fruit had been cleared away. This happened to a few other people. At one point I shouted at a poor waitress, 'This is the worst breakfast I've ever had!' I did apologise afterwards, of course. But this is what you drove me to, Sebel Pier One.

The laundry service is so dreadful that it ruined a merino wool jumper I bought in NZ - completely ignoring my special instructions (and the box I ticked). But to the hotel's great credit they did agree to waive fees adding up to the amount the jumper cost.

The best thing in the hotel is a nice pigeon called George who hangs out in the lobby all the time, no doubt pecking away at the WIFI, or perhaps even waiting to take our most urgent messages to our agents himself.

Room Tip: Towards the middle of the hotel is where the WiFi sort of works.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scar T
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The hotel is really beautifully located. Other than the very much more expensive Hyatt, it is the only hotel quite literally on Sydney Harbour. Where it beats the Hyatt in terms of harbour ambience is that you can walk right through reception to a private table right on the water. something not possible at the Hyatt, given the amount of people traffic. The rooms were very decently sized and the decor nautical without being corny.
My first visit as a result of my regular hotel not being available and likely to try again.
Thanks

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the north end of the hotel to face the harbour. The Southern rooms look across to the next pier/building.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Brad T
Reviewed 26 May 2013

we stayed here this month for my brother-in-law's wedding. we booked a double room as we had my mother staying with us too. these double rooms are very small, fitted with two single beds. there is just enough room to move around with three adults. the rooms are clean though, fresh linen and towels.
being a part of the bridal party i managed to relax in one of the suites and was impressed with the quality of the amenities in the room. the coffee machine was a nespresso nonetheless!
the buffet breakfast was your standard hot breakfast - scrambled eggs, beans, sausages, hash browns etc. the breads and pastries baked that day and fruits were fresh.
overall service was great and the staff were very accommodating.

Room Tip: if you have a standard king or double room, try to ask for an upgrade as the rooms are pretty small
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank soul_man19
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We have been members of Accor Advantage plus for approx. 10 years and we are in the position to be able to travel frequently in Australia and Asia Pacific region
Staying with Accor properties mainly Sofitel
We found the Sebel Pier One has been our best stay so far within the Accor brand. The staff are very friendly, obliging and professional. The rooms where large, well laid out and well appointed. We stayed on two separate occasions at were impressed each time. The first night we were located on the second floor with a view up the harbour towards Goat Island, the second night we were situated on the third floor with lovely views of the Harbour Bridge, Opera house and Pinch Gut Island. Overall I would rate our stay as excellent and a thankyou to the staff for helping to make the stay so memorable

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank EnzoAdelaide
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

had a great wonderful view of the sydney harbour and even if we didnt pick the weather we sure picked the hotel, not the best to walk from the opera house to the hotel but no complaints, its the best hotel by far on our vacation

• Stayed: May 2013