Great location and relaxed, open spaces extending out onto the pier. But the attitude of staff is not one of customer service.
We booked for 4 nights and the minor series of problems started here; I was quoted one price and received a confirmation email with a higher price. This was sorted out but it took 3 phone calls.
On the Saturday evening all the bath water flood up through the floor (and was dripping through the ceiling) and the toilet stopped flushing (due to a breakdown in their vacuum waste system). Someone came very quickly to clean everything up, but at no time did anyone apologise (or offer a complimentary drink). Apparently they think this is normal - so don't leave your clothes on the bathroom floor! On checking out I said how disappointed I was about the flooding and discovered the woman beside me had the same experience. It was just shrugged off by the staff.
One evening we wanted to have a drink at the bar and watch the sunset. All the lounge chairs were taken, so we asked if we could sit in the dining area, which was completely empty. The initial response from the bar staff was No and it was only because we persisted that someone agreed that we could indeed sit in the dining area.
There were other small issues (such as meals not coming out together) but it was the accumulation of many small events rather than any event on its own that created an impression of a staff culture that does not put their customers first - which detracted from the staff who were thoughtful and helpful. And it is customer service that makes a good hotel into a great one. The Sebel is a lovely, airy hotel, and it could be great - but something needs to change.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection is ideally located on the magnificent Sydney waterfront close to the Southern pylon of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Boutique in size, our hotel features 189 unique federation style rooms with contemporary chic furnishings. Located in the heart of the Rocks, our hotel offers the perfect accommodation for exploring Sydney or getting friends together for a special event or wedding. The Gantry Restaurant & Bar offers its guests the ultimate open air dining experience with full panoramic views of Walsh Bay. This luxury hotel in Sydney also offers a smoke-free environment, valet parking and 24-hour security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelbag so you can book your Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Pier One Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Pier 1 Sydney
- Sebel Pier One Hotel Sydney
- Pier One Sydney
- Sydney Sebel Pier One