This was a special weekend to celebrate for us, so I chose the Pier One for its waterside location. The views did not disappoint from the waterview king room. The staff at check in and at concierge, were lovely. Very helpful and polite. The room was terrific, just what we wanted, plush, quiet, clean, and with a water view.
Unfortunately, the breakfast which was included in the room rate was a terrible experience !! When we are paying over $350 for a night, we don't expect to have to fight for a seat on Sunday morning, or for the buffet to continuously run out of hot food every 15 minutes, and then for it to take 15 minutes for it to be refilled. They brought out about 10 hash browns at a time, and the fried eggs were only filled once when we were there. The room was too small, and the number of guests in there was very crowded.
There were no coffee or juice cups clean, I had to ask wait staff each time to get a clean one, and the table we were plonked at was dirty. The staff member stood at the desk and basically said, "Its the table over there behind the buffet" .... she didn't even take us there. At one point there were not even any clean large plates, for several minutes!. I also saw other guests asking the very busy and polite staff for clean cutlery, they basically spent all their service time apologising to every guest.
It was a Sunday morning, and it was 930, so admittedly probably the busiest time in the weekend, but still, it was just a terrible and awful breakfast experience. For a buffet, my expectations are pretty low, but your breakfast falls below zero. Basically I ate my hot breakfast in separate pieces because none of the hot trays were full at the same time.
I would have rather chosen to save $ on my room rate and walk across the street. In fact, I would recommend that to others who will stay here. There are many nice Walsh Bay cafes, just 10 mins walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection is ideally located on the magnificent Sydney waterfront close to the Southern pylon of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Boutique in size, our hotel features 189 unique federation style rooms with contemporary chic furnishings. Located in the heart of the Rocks, our hotel offers the perfect accommodation for exploring Sydney or getting friends together for a special event or wedding. The Gantry Restaurant & Bar offers its guests the ultimate open air dining experience with full panoramic views of Walsh Bay. Our luxury Sydney Harbour hotel's accommodations also offer a smoke-free environment, valet parking and 24-hour security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Pier 1 Sydney
- Sebel Pier One Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Pier One Hotel Sydney
- Pier One Sydney
- Sydney Sebel Pier One