Very slightly out of the way, the hotel is still extremely close to the CBD and well located. The fit out is excellent, with a lovely view in the rooms with juliet balconies. The rooms have a vaguely nautical feel. I have stayed in this hotel twice and would anticipate doing so many times in the future. Particular shout out to the American woman on reception who went out of her way to get my room ready. Much appreciated.
I experienced few downsides. The privacy doorhangers are incredibly poorly constructed, constantly falling off the door handle. Even when they're on, staff sometimes ignore them. I had one staff member attempt to enter while I was indisposed which was not appreciated. The toilets are odd, reminiscent of the toilet in an airplane, with that suction way of clearing. There was also a persistent and distinct odour of urine if standing very close to the toilet itself. The water pressure the second time I stayed here was also just barely acceptable. I don't recollect my first stay having any water pressure issues so it may depend which room you get.
Nonetheless, in the grand scheme of things, those are minor and easily overcome gripes. Currently, the hotel represents excellent value, particularly if you pick the right mystery deal off Wotif or another site. The entrance area off Hickson is currently under construction but this represents no inconvenience and the new reception is much more convenient and easier to get to.
Overall, quite an excellent hotel with some minor gripes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection is ideally located on the magnificent Sydney waterfront close to the Southern pylon of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Boutique in size, our hotel features 189 unique federation style rooms with contemporary chic furnishings. Located in the heart of the Rocks, our hotel offers the perfect accommodation for exploring Sydney or getting friends together for a special event or wedding. The Gantry Restaurant & Bar offers its guests the ultimate open air dining experience with full panoramic views of Walsh Bay. Our luxury Sydney Harbour hotel's accommodations also offer a smoke-free environment, valet parking and 24-hour security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Pier One Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Pier 1 Sydney
- Sebel Pier One Hotel Sydney
- Pier One Sydney
- Sydney Sebel Pier One