We chose this hotel mainly for the location. The Rocks looked like an interesting area, and I knew we would like its history and architecture. I looked at reviews and websites for several hotels, and it was difficult to choose, but I definitely made a good choice! We stayed here four nights and felt like it was our home away from home.
I had read reviews about the high floors and balconies and great views, but we booked a terrace house because we liked the idea of staying in an old building. The terrace house might not suit everyone, but it was perfect for us! The ground floor had a sitting room and a full kitchen. The bedroom and bath were upstairs. If you look at the pictures provided by the hotel, the picture with the stairs shows what the kitchen looks like. It was a full kitchen, but we only used the electric kettle and the refrigerator. It was nice to be able to have a snack and relax when we returned from sightseeing.
We arrived in the morning, and our room was ready. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean. The shower was excellent. Lots of closet space, including a safe. Iron and ironing board were in one of the closets. One review said there was no alarm clock, but our bedroom did have one.
We didn't mind being right on the street. From the sitting room, we could hear people talking as they walked by. We couldn't hear any street noise from the bedroom. The stairs are narrow and a bit steep, so if climbing stairs is an issue, you might be unhappy with a terrace house. It's the only negative I can think of. We didn't care that we didn't have a balcony and a view of the harbour. It was just a five minute walk to the harbour, with a gorgeous view of the Opera House.
The front desk staff were all wonderful. There was a always a friendly greeting when we returned. They had answers to all of our questions. They arranged a taxi for us on the morning we had to leave. You get three hours of free internet each day. You just ask the front desk, and they give you the password of the day.
The pool was lovely, and very clean. I thought we would use the pool in the afternoons after sightseeing, but it rained every afternoon. I did use the spa, and that was a treat for tired legs!
If I were to return to Sydney, I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in Sydney's colourful past in The Rocks. Select from Rendezvous Stafford Hotel Sydney's unique offing of historic Terrace Houses, One bedroom apartments and spacious Studio Rooms. This 61 room boutique hotel is a hidden treasure, the Rendezvous Stafford Hotel Sydney is only moments from Circular Quay, the Harbour Bridge and Opera House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelbag, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Rendezvous Hotel Sydney The Rocks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Collection Sydney
- Sydney Clarion Collection
- Clarion Sydney