Having stayed at the Russell Hotel nearby and enjoyed that experience we decided to see what else was available in the Rocks area and within a similar price range. With some searching on Trip Advisor we found the Rendezvous Hotel in Harrington Street
The Rendezvous Hotel is more of a traditional functional business hotel then the Russell and therefore does not have the same charm and character of an old pub.
The first impressions of it are very good as the reception staff are helpful, friendly and will go out of their way to assist you. This attention and attitude creates a very pleasant vibe overall and is not a common experience in Sydney hotels of this price range The rooms are a good size. We were told we were upgraded to an apartment style room with a separate kitchen area.
The room had Harbour and Opera House views which was quite unexpected for the price The rooms themselves are a bit tired and a little drab but functional and clean and appropriate for the price level. Wireless is available but must be paid for. The biggest negative if you have a car is the price of the car parking at $40 for 24 hours. This is a slightly discounted rate deal with the Wilsons car park next door but is still expensive and could be further subsidised by the hotel. By comparison the deal the Russell Hotel offers with the Wilsons car park next door to it is $25 for 24 hours so that is worth taking into consideration if you are choosing between them. Russell also has free wireless.
The Rendezvous location is unbeatable, just a short walk into the CBD if you are on business and at night many great restaurants nearby including the wonderful famous Shiki Japanese which is practically next door. As it is in Harrington Street one street back from George Street it is also reasonably quiet at night
We did not try the breakfast buffet as it did not look that appealing and we had read some of the other reviews on it. We had breakfast across the road at the Harbour Rocks hotel which we think would be a better option if you dont mind paying a bit more
Overall we will definitely stay there again. We do hope that management can consider offering a better deal on the car park and consider throwing in free wireless. A bit more work on the rooms would also boost the rating up to Excellent
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in Sydney's colourful past in The Rocks. Select from Rendezvous Stafford Hotel Sydney's unique offing of historic Terrace Houses, One bedroom apartments and spacious Studio Rooms. This 61 room boutique hotel is a hidden treasure, the Rendezvous Stafford Hotel Sydney is only moments from Circular Quay, the Harbour Bridge and Opera House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Odigeo, Travelbag, Hotels.com and Southall Travel so you can book your Rendezvous Hotel Sydney The Rocks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Collection Sydney
- Sydney Clarion Collection
- Clarion Sydney