We stayed for 4 nights in a standard harbour view room on the 5th floor at a price that was on the lower end of the scale from the other hotels we looked at.
In summary I'd say the hotel was good value for money and clean. The rooms are dated (think 70s wood) and I would put it at 3 Stars, not its advertised 4. So not flash but comfortable.
- Generous room size, we've stayed in rooms 1/4 of the size in Sydney that were more expensive
- Good location a 15 min walk to town plus good local cafés and restaurants a 2 min walk away
- We had no problems with check in/out and a late checkout, nice staff
- Big comfy bed
- Quiet in the room so slept well
- The rooms do really need an overhaul, peeling wallpaper and dingy old wood furniture does not equal 4 Stars
- In room wifi is free but only allows one device to be connected at a time meaning you have to 'take turns' being online
- As has been mentioned in other reviews the swipe card system is ancient and with a mind of its own so if you have a short fuse for such things be warned
- In room shampoo etc is in mass pump bottles so take your own if that's a concern although the hotel does state it saves something like 250,000 mini bottles a year
- I think the standard harbour view rooms run from the 3rd to 8th floor, would recommend the 5th floor as the lowest you'd want to be or you won't see much of a view
- Go across Williams St and down a side road for good local places to eat - Third Village does a great coffee. There's a mini supermarket open till midnight on the corner behind the hotel and one street over is Riley St Garage, great meal and bar.
The hotel is probably not quite our usual standard so will probably spend a little more and stay somewhere else next time but really have no complaints.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sydney Boulevard Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Boulevard Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Bayview Boulevard Hotel Sydney
- Sydney Bayview Boulevard Hotel