The Westin Sydney
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
3,454 results
All reviewsmartin placeclock towerheritage roomheavenly bedmosaic restaurantgpo buildingold post officetower roomsrain showerspg membercircular quayhealth clubbusiness hotelexecutive clubbeautiful hotelroom servicestar hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I booked this at the last moment for a spontanious night away. On arrival the staff were warm and friendly and so very helpful. We checked in to our heritage room over looking Martin Place and loved it. The room had lovely high ceilings, soft king bed, deep bath and rain shower head. It felt so luxurious and I am so glad we chose here for a short getaway.
The hotel location couldnt be faulted, so close to many things.

Room Tip: Heritage suite had a nice view of Martin PLace
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
SydneyManagement, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Manns16

Thank you for sharing your comments following your experience at The Westin Sydney. We are delighted you were comfortable in our care and could take advantage of our Heritage rooms overlooking Martin Place. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed at the Westin for 5 nights and loved every minute of it. The location was good, very central and easy to commute. Reception were very helpful in giving us directions and suggestions on restaurants and Grace was very efficient. Breakfast was very enjoyable and all of the staff were exceptional. Rooms were spacious and beautifully appointed. Bathroom facilities were good and cleanliness was second to none. An enjoyable stay, thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Seb O

We are thrilled to read your comments about your recent visit at The Westin Sydney. Thank you for acknowledging our front desk associates, we will be sure to pass along your recognition to the wider team. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Sydney.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Booked a mystery hotel with lastminute.com which turned out to be the Westin (Description: "Located in the heart of the CBD, within strolling distance of the shopping district"). The room was a Heritage room, which was significantly larger than average and clean. The oversized bathtub was fantastic at the end of the day. The location was very central, just downstairs are the major shopping malls and two train stations one block's walk in either direction. The lobby is a restored heritage building with glass ceiling over a central quadrangle. Looked very impressive on arrival but even lovelier when it started to rain. I think next time I'd book breakfast as well, the restaurants looked really good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
SydneyManagement, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear ecs11

Thank you for posting your review online following your recent experience at The Westin Sydney. We are delighted you could take advantage of our central location and you could experience the stunning architecture of the former General Post Office building and Clock Tower. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

After a week long, intense conference I booked into the Westin for 1 night of R&R, a bit of a treat before heading back to Canberra. I was given a Heritage Room, which was a lovely surprise as I thought I would get a room in the tower block (though I've heard, and am sure, these are great too). My spacious room over looked Martin Place, but noise from the outside was minimal and once I closed the heavy curtains, I was in my own world. The high ceilings and tasteful décor added to my sense of escape. I enjoyed a long soak in the deep bath before wrapping myself in a robe and ordering room service. The rain shower in the morning helped wake me after a restful night in the king sized bed. The staff were very polite, friendly and professional and made me feel welcome. Right in the heart of Sydney's CBD and only metres from Pitt Street mall and Martin Place train station, it is a great location for a luxurious break away.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Sarah G

Thank you for posting your review following your experience at The Westin Sydney. We are delighted you took comfort in one of our Heritage rooms and you could enjoy our deep soak bath tub. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My girlfriend and I had just completed a fairly epic trip , which had already included Sydney, Melbourne and practically the entire East Coast before arriving back in Sydney for one last weekend - I could not have picked a better place ! (dunno if I had rose tinted spectacles on..)
Previously in Sydney we'd gone for trendy , cool and funky - this time I wanted slick and smart, with a traditional but modern hotel feel - this was everything I wanted..
From arriving , the entrance to this hotel just gives you a great feeling straight away , it is grand with a hint of noise from the bars,a little bit of excitement. Greeting on reception was nice, excellent young lady, and we arrived to our room.
We had a tower superior internally facing , which I had a little bit of worry about initially - but views of sydney cost you a LOT, and we'd already seen plenty of views and I loved our atrium facing room , its a pretty grand atrium, whilst saving a few bucks as well ! - at night when it starts to get dark the view is actually really nice with all the lights on internally. Plus the atrium had a glass roof, so you still get a sense of the outside.
Room was as described, slick , smart and very modern - exactly what we wanted. The Beds in the Westin collection have always been tremendous and this was a fantastic bed ! we loved it, huge and soft.
The bathroom was fantastic , huge tub (Girlfriend did have a little niggle there is no shower hose in the bath to wash hair after a soak?) - the rainforest shower was the best shower of our entire 3-4 week trip. Robes etc all provided as you would expect.
We really didn't use many facilities other then a bit of room service, because we were off seeing sydney for the weekend but this place is my first choice of any chance i get to spend in sydney again (but now I worry it will not live up to the previous hype and ruin the memory of a terrific stay..)
It is pretty dear - as most decent hotels in sydney are , $42 breakfast per adult - just be wise and try and get a deal !
Remember , location, location, location - this has that and more.

Room Tip: When saving a few bucks, choose internally facing room they are still great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Daniel B

Thank you for your feedback following your recent experience at The Westin Sydney. We are delighted you had an enjoyable experience and you were comfortable in our care. We are appreciative of your suggestions regarding our deep soak bathtub and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Sydney.