“Great Hotel in the Centre of the City”
Review of The Westin Sydney

The Westin Sydney
Ranked #34 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed only one night as we were attending a wedding in the city. The rooms here are always clean and comfortable and the service is always excellent. We stayed in an Executive Suite. The suites are corner rooms and consist of a bedroom, sitting room, large bathroom, walk in wardrobe and also an extra separate toilet. This is our go to hotel in Sydney because of its great location in the shopping area and also because of consistent standard of accommodation and service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
The_Westin_Sydney, Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear sunandsnowbunny,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Westin Sydney and for posting your wonderful review. We are naturally delighted to have met your expectations and we look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to Sydney.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Sydney

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed three nights and overall we were happy with our stay. The rooms are extremely comfortable, great beds, big fluffy towels and very quiet. Service is always good.
The thing that annoyed me was the $8.50 room service fee on top of what you ordered. I just think that's a bit steep. I know that's a little thing, but for the price you pay for the rooms.......
The breakfast is amazing but is let down by the amount of time you have to wait to be seated (which in my opinion is from lack of staff clearing tables).
The location is fantastic and we always enjoy staying here. However we may try somewhere else next time.
Again, overall great place to stay and would recommend it highly.

Dear BCTSRacing,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent experience at The Westin Sydney. We are pleased you took comfort in our accommodation rooms and found the signature Westin Heavenly Bed to your liking. We regret you experienced some delay at Mosaic Restaurant during breakfast time however are pleased that once seated you found the food to be amazing.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next travel to Sydney.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Dreadful weather outside but lovely comfortable stay this long weekend. It's not our first time staying at this hotel but it just doesn't disappoint. They were extremely busy judging by the extremely large area cordoned off for departing guests' luggage. Check in and check out was extremely quick. All staff as well as the concierge were helpful and knowledgeable. They must be well trained. Considering it is located in a central location of the CBD, we felt safe leaving and entering the hotel. The lifts where quick and always available considering we stayed in one of the top floors. This hotel is so efficient and clean considering there is so much glass in the signature bathroom design. The many staff on duty that were visible but not obstructing your comfort and quick to help if you ask. I could describe it as sterile and robotic but we were made to feel like VIP guests.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hamster l

Dear hamster I,

Our aim is to ensure our guests depart feeling better than when they arrived and we are delighted to read about your enjoyable experience. We are appreciative of your recommendations and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Sydney again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at The Westin on a Saturday night, when visiting Sydney Vivid Lights. It was a very convenient location to Circular Quay. I was keen to experience staying at, what I remember to be, the General Post Office of Sydney. The hotel has tastefully maintained the heritage section of the hotel and yet to five star standard for the most part, pleasingly incorporating the modern sections with a beautiful walk-way over the atrium of the hotel. Although very busy it still felt quiet and serene.
Negatives: We enjoyed most areas of the hotel although I did notice that one gym area, which we had to walk through to go to the swimming pool, had a horrible odour of stale sweat. Our room was spacious, a comfortable king bed, but the bedside lights did not seem to operate.
For the cost of the room I also felt it was a ridiculous charge of $69.00 for the car to be parked in the hotel and we did not do so. Of all the well rated hotels I've stayed in overseas, I cannot recall this sort of car park charge, if a charge at all.

Room Tip: Rooms over Martin Place have a little background noise but lovely to look over Martin Place, spaciou...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
The_Westin_Sydney, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear missclareville

Thank you for conveying your comments following your recent stay at The Westin Sydney. We are delighted you could take advantage of our central location to attend Vivid 2014 and you could experience the stunning architecture of the former General Post Office building and Clock Tower. Thank you also for your observations relating to the privately operated GoodLife Health Club and please rest assured that we have addressed your comments with their management team.

We further regret if the parking fee of the privately owned Secure Parking did not meet your expectations. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Being an SPG lifetime gold member, I stayed in other Westin hotels in other parts of the world. Sorry, I have to say I am pretty disappointed about Westin Sydney .....
Negatives: housekeeping service not up to standard, toiletries were not there when we checked-in, albeit it was an early check in...
: cannot believe that, when I was told that , all rooms in the hotel do not have a dressing table?? So I had to stand up in the relatively small bathroom to get both my hair and make- up done
: no free bottled water offered in the room because of their environmental-friendly policy ???
: no slippers offered in the room

Positives: Services at Front desk and Concierge were still very good and staff were helpful , which was quite comforting to experience....

My conclusion : will not stay in this Westin for the next visit , will choose other SPG hotels in Sydney!

Room Tip: Try to stay away from clock tower if you want peace and quiet... Otherwise, very loud clubbing music...
1  Thank Angela B
The_Westin_Sydney, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Angela B,

We are appreciative of the time you took in conveying your feedback following your recent visit at The Westin Sydney and regret to read that your expectations were not entirely met on this occasion. It is pleasing to read that you received excellent service from our Front Desk and Concierge Teams however it is concerning that your room was not appropriately prepared when you checked in. We have shared your feedback with the Executive Housekeeper to review with her team. We have also taken note of your other points and will certainly bear these in mind when we are next reviewing our offerings.

Although we understand it is not your intention to return to The Westin Sydney, we do hope that one of our sister properties, Sheraton on the Park or Four Points Darling Harbour, may be able to accommodate you on future visits to Sydney.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

After 30 years of business and holiday travel, when asked my favorite hotel in the world -this is it!!
Yes there are Sooooper resorts and 6 star hotels worldwide but none have the combination of great rooms, superb service, excellent location, awesome gym, yummy room service, the most comfy beds EVER and clean clean clean sooo clean!!
A HUGE thankyou to Peter-over 5 years of great service for me and Oat-the new check-in legend who was so welcoming, warm, fun and he remembered my name twice!!
I Love this hotel!!

Room Tip: They are all fantastic but a room next to the big clock is fun-you don't have to look at your wa...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
The_Westin_Sydney, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear RobinaS,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Westin Sydney and for posting your wonderful review. We are naturally delighted to have exceeded your expectations and we have shared your feedback with our team and those associates you have mentioned by name. We are thrilled they have provided you with memorable experiences. We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to Sydney.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I am a Starwood Gold Preferred and I was disappointed when the TV didn't work. Can you believe this? I work very hard, want to chill and watch TV. Then when I call, and I had to call like 3 times, they do not want to offer anything except an apology.

For a TV not working, I don't think i should have paid for the room and they took a bad attitude. Can you imagine happening if a Westin executive was staying at the hotel.

Very disappointing and I will unfortunately need to stay at a different hotel next time I am in Sydney.

1  Thank sinasohn

Dear Sinasohn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback following your recent stay. We are grateful for your loyalty to Starwood Hotels and Resorts and we regret that your experience was not satisfactory on this occasion. We trust you have received our prior correspondence via email.

We would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us in the future and if you choose to do so please contact the hotel directly so we can ensure your stay is memorable for the right reasons.