“Luxury and close to everything...”
Review of The Westin Sydney

The Westin Sydney
Ranked #32 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
California
“Luxury and close to everything...”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I went to Sydney for work and mind you I was 6 almost 7 months pregnant. The hotel was superb not only the customer service was awesome, but everything from lounge/restaurant/room/breakfast buffet etc was fantastic. Room was spacious, so very clean and just very nice.

I was able to just walk down the road to our Sydney office and everything was in walking distance. Even to the harbor which I would go to get fish and chips. :) Definitely an awesome hotel to look into if heading to downtown Sydney!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
The_Westin_Sydney, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Militants

We are thrilled to read your comments following your recent visit at The Westin Sydney. Thank you for your recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Sydney.

Mark Burns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (692)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
new york ny usa
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Arrived a bit early on a Sunday and they did their best to get me in to a room despite being full on Saturday night. Rooms are beautiful and housekeeping came early to do the room. Room service was quick and my order was accurate and well prepared. All the staff I encountered were friendly and very helpful. There was also the restaurant Intermezzo located off the lobby. I stopped in for a quick lunch and the food was amazing. The service was impeccable. I highly recommend it and wished I had been able to stop in for dinner.

Room Tip: High floors offer better city views.
Dear Kerioke

We are pleased to read your review following your recent stay at The Westin Sydney and delighted we could assist in making your stay with us comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

It is a while since I stayed at Westin Sydney but it continues to stand as one of my three favourite hotels in Sydney town.

The positives:

- superb central city location;
- great character within the old GPO building (this really sets the Westin apart);
- very smart and spacious throughout;
- large rooms and bathrooms;
- very comfortable beds;
- very quiet inside the rooms;
- excellent service.

The rooms have a good sized safe for storage of valuables.

On this occasion I had breakfast at Mosaics within the hotel and the range and quality is excellent - albeit pricey at $42 per head.

My only quibble - for a hotel of this standard it would be good if there was a bigger quantity and range of tea bags in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
The_Westin_Sydney, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear JeremyC-99

Thank you for posting your comments and sharing your experience, we are delighted you had an enjoyable stay at The Westin Sydney. Thank you for your observations regarding our refreshment centre tea selection, we will certainly take your comments to account when we next review our service offering. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This has to be the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I was lucky enough to to partake in this luxury care of the company for whom I work. Only had one night but I will take whatever I can get. Outstanding service from the moment you enter the lobby. Had a lovely room with the best bed and pillows imaginable. What is with hotels that have quality accommodation and then have appalling pillows. The Westin hotel pillows were feather and plenty of them. At the end of a long journey the bed and pillows either make or break a place in my opinion.

Beautiful bathroom - separate shower room and toilet with excellent toiletries. Breakfast was overpriced but served with style on a specially set up table. Can't fault the place and of course it is in the heart of Sydney. This is the highest rating I have given to any place I have stayed - go there immediately and enjoy!

Room Tip: No nothing about the rooms on offer but no outside noise was discernible
Dear Judith D

We are very much appreciative of your review and thrilled to be your favourite hotel in Sydney. Thank you for your recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Sydney again soon.

Forster
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at the Westin CBD and was a little disappointing this time round. We were celebrating special birthday and basically ignored by the hotel. I don't expect a marching band but a bottle of champagne on ice with some chocolates would have been nice. We would have paid for that to happen but it didn't, they were told our stay was for a birthday celebration. When telling them, all we heard was how she (receptionist) was going to celebrate her step fathers birthday. Tapas!
We also had a munch on the mini bar items, thought we would do the same the next night but alas there was nothing there! They were not replaced, so that was very disappointing.
To leave your car there is very expensive, $140 for not quite 2 days.
Checking my bank statement today I have found I have been charged twice for the accommodation, making it very expensive indeed. I phoned and they had a very weak excuse, the banks fault which it wasn't.
They said they would rectify it, they have sent an email saying not much at all. No apology, nothing, zilch.
I have demanded to have my card numbers to be taken off their system, I don't want anymore mistakes. They weren't sure if they could do this.
So, overall very disappointing, I'm going to search for another hotel close to the CBD.

Room Tip: Make sure where they are building, jackhammers, they even work on a Saturday, all day. Don't sta...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wilbur2000
The_Westin_Sydney, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear ForsterWilbury

Thank you for posting your further comments on TripAdvisor following your stay over the weekend. We sincerely regret your birthday was not recognised on this occasion, this is disappointing and certainly not indicative of the service level we strive to maintain. We are also sorry to learn the minibar in your accommodation room was not appropriately replenished throughout your stay as we can certainly appreciate the inconvenience this may has caused you. Please rest assured your comments have been addressed with our Front Office and Refreshment Centre Manager for training and development purposes. We trust you have received our previous correspondence addressing your concerns related to the security deposit which was processed upon arrival.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to restore your faith in our services in the future.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night and wished I had stayed more! Great property even if I had a hard time finding it. Easy check-in beautiful lobby and great service from the concierge and valet parking.

The location could not be better and the rooms are great!

I really loved it!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Pdittay

We are delighted to learn of your enjoyable experience at The Westin Sydney and pleased you could take advantage of our central location. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is the best hotel I have stayed in Sydney. The room was really spacious, great amenities, really nice bathroom, friendly staff, located in the heart of the city, great use of technology, close to everything and list is ever growing.
I will highly recommend this hotel to anybody coming and staying in Sydney!

Room Tip: Look out for Rooms facing Martin Place at higher floor possible.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
The_Westin_Sydney, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear MohnishKapoor

Our aim is to ensure our guests depart feeling better than when they arrived and we are thrilled to be your favourite hotel in Sydney. We are appreciative of your recommendations and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Sydney again soon.